Huskers v Sooners coming soon?

I remember the Nebraska/Oklahoma game as being one of the biggest of the year, a long time ago. I would enjoy playing them every few years, but do not want to tie my wagon to Oklahoma as a major game. They seem to always be in mention, but rarely finish close to where predicted. May not be the win results we hope for in the future.

I would rather we keep that date open for top programs around the country, IE, Bama, USC, Oregon, Florida State. Those are the teams that we need to compete with, and gain recruiting access from. Not afraid to play anyone. That is what it is going to take to be in that final four. Oklahoma is a great team, but some years have problems.

Seriously. You've said enough. The crap coming from you not only makes no sense whatsoever, but your obvious agenda against Nebraska and Tom Osborne is doing nothing but pissing people off. You are NOT a Husker fan. You never were. You claim to be, but you're wrong. No true Husker fan would believe in the crap that you are assuming here. You're spewing crap that wouldnt be fit for rumorville. Just leave. Leave this entire board now and go back to your home of idiotic assumptions so we can get back to a nice discussion about the revitalizing of the greatest rivalry in college football.

The stuff I say absolutely makes no sense, that's the terrible part, at least in Osbornes case that is. Why people worship him is beyond belief but I sort of "get it" if I lower my morals especially when thinking of all the dealings between him and the Lincoln Police department regarding players. I can live with the fact that he tried his hardest to intensify the split in Husker nation since his buddy got fired for driving the Huskers off a cliff landing into a burning pile of debris called a loss in Shreveport just a few years after we were a Dynasty. ( Chicken Chit Golf Tourneys anyone?)

I can also see why when he took over as AD he felt the need to lie to Husker fans about how the walk-on program was destroyed, Players were shunned from Lincoln, and the culture had changed and all his other BS ramblings because he may have dementia or something but when people on here tell me OU thinks it's Nebraska Rivalry means more than it's Texas Red River Shootout..........that's where I guarantee you are delusional beyond comprehensions. Then someone tries to tell me College Football on matters starting in 1970 and that OU had a guaranteed win against Texas throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's

Someone's full of crap all right but it certainly isn't me. And since you're such the "Better Fan" by shoving your head in the sand or in other orifices, let me guess Im supposed to be stoked about our new found mediocrity as well correct?

Well considering in my very involved life to husker football and this is the first that I have heard of this garbage, it's safe to say you are full of crap. You obviously feel you were done wrong at one point by who will go down as possible the greatest Nebraskan to ever live, and you cant let it go. People like you make me sick with youre conspiracy theories and just plain simple envious badgering of a great man. Since you first appeared on this board you've done nothing but spew garbage and randome thoughts of irrelative negativity towards our program. You have become nothing more than a troll. I dont even know why I respond anymore. Head in the sand? Youre opinions are the anomoly here. Not everyone elses. You have issues, and you need to just leave and go back to where you came from, where someone might actually agree with you.

• Fire 1

Seriously. You've said enough. The crap coming from you not only makes no sense whatsoever, but your obvious agenda against Nebraska and Tom Osborne is doing nothing but pissing people off. You are NOT a Husker fan. You never were. You claim to be, but you're wrong. No true Husker fan would believe in the crap that you are assuming here. You're spewing crap that wouldnt be fit for rumorville. Just leave. Leave this entire board now and go back to your home of idiotic assumptions so we can get back to a nice discussion about the revitalizing of the greatest rivalry in college football.

The stuff I say absolutely makes no sense, that's the terrible part, at least in Osbornes case that is. Why people worship him is beyond belief but I sort of "get it" if I lower my morals especially when thinking of all the dealings between him and the Lincoln Police department regarding players. I can live with the fact that he tried his hardest to intensify the split in Husker nation since his buddy got fired for driving the Huskers off a cliff landing into a burning pile of debris called a loss in Shreveport just a few years after we were a Dynasty. ( Chicken Chit Golf Tourneys anyone?)

I can also see why when he took over as AD he felt the need to lie to Husker fans about how the walk-on program was destroyed, Players were shunned from Lincoln, and the culture had changed and all his other BS ramblings because he may have dementia or something but when people on here tell me OU thinks it's Nebraska Rivalry means more than it's Texas Red River Shootout..........that's where I guarantee you are delusional beyond comprehensions. Then someone tries to tell me College Football on matters starting in 1970 and that OU had a guaranteed win against Texas throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's

Someone's full of crap all right but it certainly isn't me. And since you're such the "Better Fan" by shoving your head in the sand or in other orifices, let me guess Im supposed to be stoked about our new found mediocrity as well correct?

I always wondered what board Steve Pederson hung out on.

• Fire 1

Seriously just go away because you don't know what you're talking about, seriously.

T_O_B

I'm quite a patient man here in my very old age. But I have no patience for trolling like this.

I've made an offer. If he accepts it, fine. If not....

godfather.gif

• Fire 1

Well? Did he accept your offer or not?

Let's just say I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Hence the .gif. ;)

How does one get a gif. made of themselves? Knapp?

First of all, that's not me. I'm way older than that. :D

Second, you have to take a video of yourself, then there are several ways to make that into a .gif. I use avidemux, but I'm quite out of practice. You could probably do it in Photoshop, but it would take some doing.

Dan Wetzel put out a timely piece on various programs opting for non-cupcake, BCS relevant non-conference games.

LINK

"As ADs in the Big Ten," Smith said, "we had a discussion about the playoff and how the selection committee might consider criteria for the participating teams. We felt non-conference strength of schedule should be considered and probably would."

There's more to it. Fans, who have begun to resist poor matchups love it, even the potential road games to different areas of the country. Ohio State is scheduled to play at TCU's cool 45,000-seat Amon G. Carter Stadium, dubbed the "Camden Yards of College Football." And television, which is doling out billions, covets the higher ratings of a significant game.

Seems tOSU has worked out deals with TCU, Cincinnati, and tOSU AD Gary Smith says more deals will be coming. At this point, OU, KSU, Mizzou games would improve NU's strength of schedule over the likes of Ark St and Id St.