DT Edwin Delva

Of course it does, but so does the constant stream of negativity from "fans" and media.

What hurts our program is people ignoring the elephant in the room. Getting blown out, losing out on needed recruits, training coaches on the job etc. that is all the perception you need. A bunch of fans on message boards doesn't do a dang thing.

I am critical of our program. If I like something or a recruit etc I will say it. If I don't I will say it as well. In order for our program to get where we want it to we need to be that way.

Um, the last sentences of your two paragraphs directly contradict each other.

You can do as you please, but constant negativity hurts our program. It makes it harder to recruit and makes it a less desirable job for coaches. We have one of the most successful coaches in the nation, while doing things the right way, and yet many seem to want to tear it down and start over again from scratch.

Can things get better? Sure. But they can get a hell of a lot worse, too, and I'm starting to fear that the media and certain segments of our fan base are going to push us into rediscovering that.

• Fire 1

lol, Bo's not threatened... Not by most fans and most definitely not by the media. I think you can relax a little. :)

I wish you were right. There are already two major writers for the world herald that attack him every chance they get, and there are plenty of fans that do the same. Anyway, we've gotten sidetracked from the point of this thread, just wanted to make a point.

lol, Bo's not threatened... Not by most fans and most definitely not by the media. I think you can relax a little. :)

I wish you were right. There are already two major writers for the world herald that attack him every chance they get, and there are plenty of fans that do the same. Anyway, we've gotten sidetracked from the point of this thread, just wanted to make a point.

You can go both ways in regards to media. Look at Sipple for example. Guy is practically Bo's boyfriend

Of course it does, but so does the constant stream of negativity from "fans" and media.

What hurts our program is people ignoring the elephant in the room. Getting blown out, losing out on needed recruits, training coaches on the job etc. that is all the perception you need. A bunch of fans on message boards doesn't do a dang thing.

I am critical of our program. If I like something or a recruit etc I will say it. If I don't I will say it as well. In order for our program to get where we want it to we need to be that way.

You can do as you please, but constant negativity hurts our program. It makes it harder to recruit and makes it a less desirable job for coaches. We have one of the most successful coaches in the nation, while doing things the right way, and yet many seem to want to tear it down and start over again from scratch.

Can things get better? Sure. But they can get a hell of a lot worse, too, and I'm starting to fear that the media and certain segments of our fan base are going to push us into rediscovering that.

We need to be critical. As a fan base and an athletic department. The majority of fans are not on message boards. Only us diehards reside here it seems. I know many boosters are wondering about Bo. They are the voices that matter not yours unless you are a major booster and not mine either. In the end we both want the same thing for NU. We want championships and to be considered elite. I don't care which route we take in terms of coaching as long as we reach that goal

You can go both ways in regards to media. Look at Sipple for example. Guy is practically Bo's boyfriend

Ha, they are apparently friends. Sipple is definitely critical at times though. I don't always agree with him, but I think he provides a balanced and fairly well-informed point of view. On the other hand, you have dirk whatever pumping out negativity every chance he gets, presumably because Bo hurt his wittle feelings. I guess barfknecht has always taken shots at Nebraska at every turn, so that one isn't specific to bo.

Barfknecht is a joke of a sports writer... I have refused to read to OWH for years and ended my subscription when he didn't vote for Nebraska as the #1 team back in 97.. I made a promise to myself that as long as Barfknecht is employed by the OWH I won't read it and most definitely won't subscribe. In fact, I've fantasied about meeting him in a dark alley. Ofc that is just nonsense but.... it does show my disdain of the person.

your exactly right and the negativity and overreactions of the fan base affect the program. We lose a frickin GA and every husker football forum is enraged with Fire BO fire Barney comments all over the internet. Google Barney Cotton and it looks like everyone in this state wants him fired.....and then the same people bitch that we cant get any good OL recruits to come here....wierd, i wonder why, maybe because after every loss, and after every season there are tons of rumors everywhere that we are going to fire the oline coach, or tons of threads calling him the worst oline coach in college football (granted he sucks as a recruiter)

The reason we got Randy Gregory committed to us is because he said "everybody knows coach Hope is on the hot seat" granted it turned out he was, but when a recruit comes on here (and they do dont kid yourself) and reads some things like this, its a turn off especailly if its their position coach in question.

You dont think recruits looking to move half way across the country do their research first? (Hedley)

• Fire 1

When you get blown out on national TV you deserve backlash from the fans and media. Bo has every right to be critiqued as does Barnstache. Maybe we don't get the right oline commits all the time because Barney sucks? Why does it have to be the fans fault? If Auburn who didn't win a SEC game all year can pull in 5 stars why is it my fault Bo can't?

Don't blame fans that critique the coaching staff for the staffs deficiencies on the field and the recruiting trail.

I guess I could take your approach and close my eyes and wish really hard and tap my toes together and things will be ok.

• Fire 1

When you get blown out on national TV you deserve backlash from the fans and media. Bo has every right to be critiqued as does Barnstache. Maybe we don't get the right oline commits all the time because Barney sucks? Why does it have to be the fans fault? If Auburn who didn't win a SEC game all year can pull in 5 stars why is it my fault Bo can't?

Don't blame fans that critique the coaching staff for the staffs deficiencies on the field and the recruiting trail.

I guess I could take your approach and close my eyes and wish really hard and tap my toes together and things will be ok.

maybe because auburn is in a rich fertile recruiting ground. that couldnt be it, our coaches just suck at recruiting.

as for the closing the eyes approach, how exactly has your bitching about what you perceive as deficient been working? and just because people arent 100% negatively critical of the staff doesnt mean they dont acknowledge problems. they can just see the forest for the trees.

• Fire 3

maybe because auburn is in a rich fertile recruiting ground. that couldnt be it, our coaches just suck at recruiting.

as for the closing the eyes approach, how exactly has your bitching about what you perceive as deficient been working? and just because people arent 100% negatively critical of the staff doesnt mean they dont acknowledge problems. they can just see the forest for the trees.

Great post desertshox. It's one thing to be critical but another to just be completely downtrodden on the entire staff. If I was completely negative and down on the staff 100% I would have to find another team to follow. How can people be so negative all the time and still be a fan???????????? Find a new team to root for would be my advice.

Location, location location. We have one recruit from our state. Most schools like Ohio State and Michigan have 5 or 6. If we had 4 or 5 more 4 stars in our state? Hell, we would finish 10-15 every year in recruiting with a few single digit years thrown in. I love how guys say we "whiff" on recruits when they decide to stay home and play in front of their friends and family. It takes a special type of personality to drop your friends, family and everything youve ever know to move away from home (ive done it for the military) And on top of all of that move to a place that is cold, snowy and the fans will chastise you for fumbling, all while you break every record in program history. Gotta remove the Nebraska biased. We have no in state talent. Like i said imagine 5 or 6 4 or 5 star recruits like Banderas, a given each and every year, with more three stars banging down your door. Were lucky we do as well as we do recruiting.

I don't think Hedley is wrong here. And I don't think he's completely right either. I still wanna give Bo another year, but think Barney should go now. If no one said anything about our poor O-line play, or getting blownout, I'd be a lot more worried about what is wong with those fans over Hedly. It's our job to have a high bar for our team, AND to support it no matter what. If Hedley said once that he'd ever stop watching games or not support us then by all means, go at him. But we all bleed scarlet and cream and we all want our team to win. I'm sure we can all agree as well that our three best position coaches are TJ, RF, and RB. while many would put Barney in their bottom three. I would LOVE Bo to get his stuff together on the recruiting trail (especially during the season), and pull some better recruits, Callahan could do it but he couldnt coach 'em. If Billy can do it, don't make excuses for Bo. Bo also needs to not get blown out, how to fix that isn't my problem so no stupid questions like 'how would you do it then?' cause that's not my job. It's his and his alone to figure that out...