DT Edwin Delva

We didn't play too much two gap after tOSU. In my opinion, continuity on our staff and letting our assistant coach make more connections with coaches is key. If we lose Coach Joesph to Alabama we will have lost a ton.

We cannot afford to lose him.

Which is what people said when Sanders left.....

Which is what people said when Raymond left.....

And it was true when Sanders left, wasn't so impressed with Raymond, but it would really suck to lose Joseph now

I agree.

I would like to watch more LSU play to see if he is coaching their DBs the same way he coached ours. It was a really weird deal where they went very non-agressive. This year they are back to being aggressive with the understanding that they are just going to be called for PI some.

I wonder if when we went to the Big Ten Bo told him to go conservative since it was well known this conference calls it more. THEN, after we didn't do so well last year, they went back to being aggressive this year.

If this is the case, what we saw last year wasn't necessarily Raymond's fault.

I am very happy with Joseph though.

I would like to watch more LSU play to see if he is coaching their DBs the same way he coached ours. It was a really weird deal where they went very non-agressive. This year they are back to being aggressive with the understanding that they are just going to be called for PI some.

I wonder if when we went to the Big Ten Bo told him to go conservative since it was well known this conference calls it more. THEN, after we didn't do so well last year, they went back to being aggressive this year.

If this is the case, what we saw last year wasn't necessarily Raymond's fault.

I am very happy with Joseph though.

Bo ended the DB, patty cake after the northwestern game last year

Lol, seriously.... relax. The d line will be fine.

Just like this year

We do in fact have 4 DTs with playing experience coming back. 5 if you count Curry. I like what we have on our roster, would Russell and Hooks have helped and made me feel more comfortable? Absolutely. But it doesn't negate the fact that we have a few with D1 football playing experience (that's right big time football, not JUCO) on our roster now.

How did our DT's perform this season? Western Kentucky and Texas San Antonio also return linemen with FBS experience. Does that mean they are solid? Hooks and Russell were a solid upgrade in the trenches for us. No reason to try to sugarcoat it.

Please read the entire post before replying.

What the hell is this all about? Just because you don't agree with what he's saying? I have no idea how you could surmise from what he said (a VERY good point) and think "God Bless America! He didn't read everything I wrote."

I think some of you just instantly dismiss everything Hedley says, just because of one thread he started that.... oh my god.... happened to end the way he said it would. Certainly not the same time frame, but happened nonetheless.

I dismiss everything he says because I'm easily annoyed by people that go out of their way to be negative regarding the players and/or coaches that I cheer for. It is toxic and makes things worse. It is all too common in the local media (which filters to the national media and perception) as well as in some of the prominent husker message boards. It makes recruiting more difficult and makes our coaches jobs more difficult and less desirable. Strange behavior for "fans", but seemingly more and more common with ours.

Obviously this doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss problems, real or perceived, and hold the coaches accountable where appropriate. That's the point of a message board, after all. However, when someone is consistently negative from the get go....

• Fire 1

Broganreynik=hedley lamarr??? Hmmm..........

yep. you caught me. jesus. can nobody stick up for someone without actually being him? i've only been here 3 years.

Youve been here 3 years, but HL hasnt. So you could be him. Not sure who's more uptight, you or your alias HL.

yep. you caught me. jesus. can nobody stick up for someone without actually being him? i've only been here 3 years.

Youve been here 3 years, but HL hasnt. So you could be him. Not sure who's more uptight, you or your alias HL.

I'm just going to stop posting here. If I were Hedley Lamarr, I would think the 3 years prior to him joining, I'd have a higher post count than 511. You know considering he's been here all of one month and already has more posts than that. I'm just going to all the sudden feel a lot more like giving input and have a lot more time. If anything, I've had a lot less time in the last month.

All I was saying was that EZ-E kinda went apesh** on Hedley for no reason. Something a lot of people here like to do. This place is just getting a bit too much like high school. I'll just lurk and if I have anything to offer, I'll send a pm to that person. Then I won't get accused for stupid sh** like being someone else, or hating a player.

I'm just going to stop posting here. If I were Hedley Lamarr, I would think the 3 years prior to him joining, I'd have a higher post count than 511. You know considering he's been here all of one month and already has more posts than that. I'm just going to all the sudden feel a lot more like giving input and have a lot more time. If anything, I've had a lot less time in the last month.

All I was saying was that EZ-E kinda went apesh** on Hedley for no reason. Something a lot of people here like to do. This place is just getting a bit too much like high school. I'll just lurk and if I have anything to offer, I'll send a pm to that person. Then I won't get accused for stupid sh** like being someone else, or hating a player.

I know what you mean, but you cant take things too personally around here. We've all been jumped on at some point in time, don't let it scare you away because most of the members are good guys who like good discussion.

I dismiss everything he says because I'm easily annoyed by people that go out of their way to be negative regarding the players and/or coaches that I cheer for. It is toxic and makes things worse. It is all too common in the local media (which filters to the national media and perception) as well as in some of the prominent husker message boards. It makes recruiting more difficult and makes our coaches jobs more difficult and less desirable. Strange behavior for "fans", but seemingly more and more common with ours.

Obviously this doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss problems, real or perceived, and hold the coaches accountable where appropriate. That's the point of a message board, after all. However, when someone is consistently negative from the get go....

What hurts national perception etc is getting blown out on national television. Not my opinion. But blame me not the piss poor performances.

Of course it does, but so does the constant stream of negativity from "fans" and media.

What hurts our program is people ignoring the elephant in the room. Getting blown out, losing out on needed recruits, training coaches on the job etc. that is all the perception you need. A bunch of fans on message boards doesn't do a dang thing.

I am critical of our program. If I like something or a recruit etc I will say it. If I don't I will say it as well. In order for our program to get where we want it to we need to be that way.