DT Edwin Delva

Lol, seriously.... relax. The d line will be fine.

Just like this year

We do in fact have 4 DTs with playing experience coming back. 5 if you count Curry. I like what we have on our roster, would Russell and Hooks have helped and made me feel more comfortable? Absolutely. But it doesn't negate the fact that we have a few with D1 football playing experience (that's right big time football, not JUCO) on our roster now.

Just like this year

We do in fact have 4 DTs with playing experience coming back. 5 if you count Curry. I like what we have on our roster, would Russell and Hooks have helped and made me feel more comfortable? Absolutely. But it doesn't negate the fact that we have a few with D1 football playing experience (that's right big time football, not JUCO) on our roster now.

How did our DT's perform this season? Western Kentucky and Texas San Antonio also return linemen with FBS experience. Does that mean they are solid? Hooks and Russell were a solid upgrade in the trenches for us. No reason to try to sugarcoat it.

Just like this year

How did our DT's perform this season? Western Kentucky and Texas San Antonio also return linemen with FBS experience. Does that mean they are solid? Hooks and Russell were a solid upgrade in the trenches for us. No reason to try to sugarcoat it.

Please read the entire post before replying.

Just like this year

Please read the entire post before replying.

You too

how do you know hooks and russell are solid upgrades? how many snaps in FBS competition have they taken, combined?

we also didnt have our full contingent of dt's available this year. they still have bowl practices, spring practice and off season workouts to get better, and healthy. no reason to cry over spilt milk.

• Fire 1

I know it is hard to imagine our coaching staff striking out on our biggest position of need. But they have so far on the guys all of us felt were our best shot. You can return all the experience you want but if that experience got destroyed when facing a good team it isn't something to brag about.

Can we not agree that we whiffed and this hurts?

how do you know hooks and russell are solid upgrades? how many snaps in FBS competition have they taken, combined?

we also didnt have our full contingent of dt's available this year. they still have bowl practices, spring practice and off season workouts to get better, and healthy. no reason to cry over spilt milk.

we know!!

Did you watch our DTs? Did you look at Hooks and Russell? Offer lists etc make it pretty obvious they would help us out. Not crying over spilt milk. "Crying" over our coaches drowning in milk

I know it is hard to imagine our coaching staff striking out on our biggest position of need. But they have so far on the guys all of us felt were our best shot. You can return all the experience you want but if that experience got destroyed when facing a good team it isn't something to brag about.

Russell hurts, but to reply to both of your posts, I said that Russell and Hooks would have both helped but there is young talemt on our roster. To claim that a sophomore and two freshman with experience won't get better with another off season is a tad bit off base.

To claim we whiffed, sure we missed Russell. But this one is in no shape or form lack of effort. Location and playing a ton of games in Texas beat us out.

Russell hurts, but to reply to both of your posts, I said that Russell and Hooks would have both helped but there is young talemt on our roster. To claim that a sophomore and two freshman with experience won't get better with another off season is a tad bit off base.

To claim we whiffed, sure we missed Russell. But this one is in no shape or form lack of effort. Location and playing a ton of games in Texas beat us out.

Think our 2 gap had a play in it? I am starting to wonder if it has a bigger impact than we think. I mean Bo does great with DTs but has a heck of a time with them

Think our 2 gap had a play in it? I am starting to wonder if it has a bigger impact than we think. I mean Bo does great with DTs but has a heck of a time with them

We didn't play too much two gap after tOSU. In my opinion, continuity on our staff and letting our assistant coach make more connections with coaches is key. If we lose Coach Joesph to Alabama we will have lost a ton.

We didn't play too much two gap after tOSU. In my opinion, continuity on our staff and letting our assistant coach make more connections with coaches is key. If we lose Coach Joesph to Alabama we will have lost a ton.

We cannot afford to lose him.