Shawn Eichorst

I still think people have been and continue to be nervous about the football program. And there are boosters who think that Mr. Pelini is not recruiting at a level that is going to make us a nationally relevant team. People scoffed last week when I said I was nervous that Wisky might beat us badly. At one point in the second half, we trailed by 17 points. It turned out well for us, but Wisky is not good this year and we trailed by 17 points. I don't think Wisky led any of their other foes by 17 at any point in the game and some of that was at Camp Randall. The opposing teams for Wisky were not great either (Northern Iowa, Utah State and UTEP.) It is still well within the realm of possibility that we lose the next four games, three of which are on the road. If that happens, Nebraska would be a late season upset away from a 6-6 record. Would Tom have made a switch after a 6-6 season? Hard to say, but I would say probably that he would. What Tom would not do is to go out and find a national name to come to Nebraska and pay him big money. A new AD might be more agreeable to that plan.