Shawn Eichorst

@HuskerExtraBC

Eichorst to make significantly more than Osborne did. Base annual salary set at $973,000.

@HuskerExtraBC

It's a 5-year deal. Substantial financial penalty if he leaves within those 5 years and a $750,000 payment from UNL if he stays that long.

@HuskerExtraBC

To compare, Osborne's base salary this year was $277,966.

@HuskerExtraBC

Barry Alvarez on Eichorst: "Very bright guy. I think he's a great fit for Nebraska. He knows the Big Ten."

@HuskerExtraBC

As you'd guess, Alvarez was called by NU and gave Eichorst a recommendation for the job.

@HuskerExtraBC

"I think he understands the traditions and culture at Nebraska," Alvarez said of Eichorst.

@HuskerExtraBC

Mike Lucas, color analyst for the Badgers, tells me Eichorst is "one of the rising stars in college athletics."

@HuskerExtraBC

"And the thing about it is, what makes him stand out, is he'll never look at himself as being the star of anything," Lucas said.

@HuskerExtraBC

"Extremely humble, grounded. He epitomizes blue-collar work ethic. As smart as anybody in the room, but he doesn't let that on," Lucas said.

Damn, I didn't Osborne was that underpaid. Quite the spike in expenses for the Athletic Dept.

They asked Tom what he wanted to make as a AD. He chose the salary. If he would have said 1.5 million he would have got it. He stated he didn't think he should make more than Pearlman so they set his salary there. TO also had a wake up call when he examined what assistant coaches made. That was a point of contention between him and PM as well as other people in the department. The Big 10 has a rep for having very low paid asst. coaches and its part of the reason why many of the better asst. coaches end up in the south.

Miami's program has been on the downfall though

What does that have to do with Eichorst?

These comments are what happens when people who are uneducated about our program and college sports in general start making opinions public. I'm crawling back under my rock until after football season when these people leave.

Has he ever been in the state of Nebraska before the interview and hire? I'm sure many of the requirements for running an athletic dept are the same from university to university. Does he understand the passion this state has for Husker athletics in general and football in particular? Has he ever been the head of an athletic dept or are we breaking in a new one again?

Miami's program has been on the downfall though

What does that have to do with Eichorst?

These comments are what happens when people who are uneducated about our program and college sports in general start making opinions public. I'm crawling back under my rock until after football season when these people leave.

:D that guy has nearly 2 1/2 times the posts you do in only 6 months more time. Dont think he's gonna go anywhere. Just sayin. Dont get too far under that rock.