Shawn Eichorst

Believe me, I agree that if someone can pull that off, it's TO.

BUT, also believe me in that I have personal experience in dealing with older retired legends in their positions being replaced by younger energetic people. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Both may be very good at what they do and have their individual strengths. But, if their style of work is very different, they can clash.

TO also agreed to stay involved for 6 months after his retirement and to be involved in all of the upgrades going around, to make sure they stay on track. He is retiring from the AD position, but still will have a voice, as this is what he promised on his retirement.

I highly doubt, whoever they hire, will clean house.

Pissing off boosters already. Atta boy pearlman.

If John Smith had been hired, boosters X, Y & Z would have been pissed off.

If Bob Jones had been hired, boosters A, B & C would have been pissed off.

If Hoogie Pringle had been hired, boosters M, N & O would have been pissed off.

Doesn't matter who was hired. Some booster(s) were going to get pissed. It's inevitable.

• Fire 4

I've never liked the idea of boosters running a program with their money to the extent that they dictate our hires.

Hire the best man for the job from a standpoint of how well he'll do the job.

Also, the speed of the new AD hire suggests that Perlman knew about Tom's retirement well in advance (not surprising) and that he's been working on this one for a while.

They said at the announcement last week that Osborne approached Pearlman 2 months ago that it was time. So I'm sure a large part of the actual search took place before the announcement.

TO also agreed to stay involved for 6 months after his retirement and to be involved in all of the upgrades going around, to make sure they stay on track. He is retiring from the AD position, but still will have a voice, as this is what he promised on his retirement.

I highly doubt, whoever they hire, will clean house.

I heard the same, that he will remain AD-Ameritus through June 2013. This is a good thing for him to be around. I dont know if Eichorst will be one the job immediately or not until january, but any time spent observing TO's proceedings can only be beneficial.

I would assume the time between now and when TO actually steps down will be a transition period to help acclimate the new AD into the role. It makes sense to prepare him for all he is about to inherit from someone who knows the ins and outs of the University. Make sure he understands the traditions, and give him a sit down about not pulling a Steve P move. Like most people are saying its a job that has big shoes to fill, 3 months should help prepare him.

First task as new AD for Eichorst: keep Paul Meyers.

paul meyers may stick around but he is not getting the job because he and TO have gotten into more than one argument recently, mostly about modernizing traditions etc.

Thats kind of odd that TO recommended him then.

Edit: He was actually one of 3.

Heard it from more than one person, sir. Regardless of who was recommended.

Doesn't matter who was hired. Some booster(s) were going to get pissed. It's inevitable.

HOOGIE PRINGLE!

There will not be 100% unanimity (wow I spelled that right the first time) for whoever we hire.

I think the association between Eichorst and the poor attendance at Miami football games is weak at best. I think he a younger guy who has the talent at his position, but just hasn't been at a program that can unleash that talent (i.e. Miami). Miami and Nebraska are two different beasts.

We'll see what happens, but color me skeptically optimistic of this hire.

• Fire 1

HOOGIE PRINGLE!

There will not be 100% unanimity (wow I spelled that right the first time) for whoever we hire.

I think the association between Eichorst and the poor attendance at Miami football games is weak at best. I think he a younger guy who has the talent at his position, but just hasn't been at a program that can unleash that talent (i.e. Miami). Miami and Nebraska are two different beasts.

We'll see what happens, but color me skeptically optimistic of this hire.

Hoogie Pringle would've been one hell of a hire!!!

Anyone that would be p*ssed at that development isn't smart enough to have a checking account to donate to the University...

First task as new AD for Eichorst: keep Paul Meyers.

paul meyers may stick around but he is not getting the job because he and TO have gotten into more than one argument recently, mostly about modernizing traditions etc.

Thats kind of odd that TO recommended him then.

Edit: He was actually one of 3.

Heard it from more than one person, sir. Regardless of who was recommended.

I'm not stating they didn't have a difference in ideas from time to time. But I know absolutely that TO did not block him from getting the job.

That was the point I was making. You don't state that he would do well in the job and then turn around and state...but don't hire him.