Shawn Eichorst

Something seems off to me. This is no impending crisis in the Athletic Department. Pearlman makes this call virtually all by himself. Even TO couldn't get matched up to meet the guy.

What is the rush? Harvey said the window of timing made it necessary to move this fast. What window? IF, (just speculating) Eichorst only gave us a narrow window, then why would we let him dictate the rush?

If it is such a perfect fit then this "window" charade is meaningless.

Hope this all works out, but the timing makes me a little suspicious.........

Something seems off to me. This is no impending crisis in the Athletic Department. Pearlman makes this call virtually all by himself. Even TO couldn't get matched up to meet the guy.

What is the rush? Harvey said the window of timing made it necessary to move this fast. What window? IF, (just speculating) Eichorst only gave us a narrow window, then why would we let him dictate the rush?

i think they knew about this for awhile. he visited here in late september. plus, let him get out of miami before the poo hits the fan.

i think they knew about this for awhile. he visited here in late september. plus, let him get out of miami before the poo hits the fan.

I thought I heard Harvey say that while Miami was in Manhattan playing K State in September, he drove up here on Sunday and walked around the campus by himself. Couldn't even get in most buildings because they were locked. No tour guide? No official or unofficial host? Can't even get into see the new basketball digs? For a prospective new A.D. ? Still seems weird to me.

I believe there are at least 2 other AD openings at big schools coming open. Bama is one of them.

I believe there are at least 2 other AD openings at big schools coming open. Bama is one of them.

Good point, hadn't thought about other openings in this odd time frame.....

Pissing off boosters already. Atta boy pearlman.

If John Smith had been hired, boosters X, Y & Z would have been pissed off.

If Bob Jones had been hired, boosters A, B & C would have been pissed off.

If Hoogie Pringle had been hired, boosters M, N & O would have been pissed off.

Doesn't matter who was hired. Some booster(s) were going to get pissed. It's inevitable.

Who is Hoogie Pringle?

I still think people have been and continue to be nervous about the football program. And there are boosters who think that Mr. Pelini is not recruiting at a level that is going to make us a nationally relevant team. People scoffed last week when I said I was nervous that Wisky might beat us badly. At one point in the second half, we trailed by 17 points. It turned out well for us, but Wisky is not good this year and we trailed by 17 points. I don't think Wisky led any of their other foes by 17 at any point in the game and some of that was at Camp Randall. The opposing teams for Wisky were not great either (Northern Iowa, Utah State and UTEP.) It is still well within the realm of possibility that we lose the next four games, three of which are on the road. If that happens, Nebraska would be a late season upset away from a 6-6 record. Would Tom have made a switch after a 6-6 season? Hard to say, but I would say probably that he would. What Tom would not do is to go out and find a national name to come to Nebraska and pay him big money. A new AD might be more agreeable to that plan.

I'm just curious: No offense intended but what will you do if this new AD embraces Bo and signs him on for many years to come?

Has he ever been in the state of Nebraska before the interview and hire? I'm sure many of the requirements for running an athletic dept are the same from university to university. Does he understand the passion this state has for Husker athletics in general and football in particular? Has he ever been the head of an athletic dept or are we breaking in a new one again?

Hi Tony, maybe this link will help answer your questions :)http://www.omaha.com/article/20121004/BIGRED/121009874

Apparently, he wasn't well like at Miami because he didn't fund raise well, and he wasn't a good face of the program. Also, apparently all he did was bunker down in the AD, fire people he didn't like, and hire his friends. This according to interviews on 1620, USC. Harv only interviewed 2 external candidates, and he gave this guy a top 10 (in the country) salary for an athletic director?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like it, this sounds too much like a former AD we had.........

Steve Pederson was a "Nebraska guy" and was recommended by Tom Osborne. That alone should disqualify Osborne from having any input on this hire.

None of the internal candidates were qualified, and Perlman stated earlier that this would be a national search. He found a highly qualified candidate and hired him.

• Fire 1