Shawn Eichorst

Apparently, he wasn't well like at Miami because he didn't fund raise well, and he wasn't a good face of the program. Also, apparently all he did was bunker down in the AD, fire people he didn't like, and hire his friends. This according to interviews on 1620, USC. Harv only interviewed 2 external candidates, and he gave this guy a top 10 (in the country) salary for an athletic director?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like it, this sounds too much like a former AD we had.........

I read the he increased the Hurricane Club at Miami by over 500 members in one year, and that the school president is really disappointed that he is leaving.

Let the countdown begin for Division I hockey at Nebraska........

Why would a new AD have an effect on this? I love hockey and this would be sweet. Is there information indicating a move like this.

We've had some discussion about it on the other Husker sports forum before this came up. The general thought was TO was never going to start hockey here under his watch. Some think the under the table deal was UNO drops football and Nebraska stays away from hockey of course this is a rumor at best. Now throw in the fact that the BIG is starting up it's own hockey conference, it has the best college tv network to put it on, it needs more teams, the new arena is designed to hold hockey if needed, a new practice facility for hockey is in the works and look who we just hired.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8460458/miami-hurricanes-athletic-director-shawn-eichorst-leaves-nebraska-cornhuskers

"serving as Wisconsin's Chief Operating Officer for athletics, overseeing a $90 million budget and being closely involved with a $100 million construction project for ice hockey, swimming and football."

The guy knows the BIG, he's seen how successful hockey is in Wisconsin. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to think there is a good chance he tries to start hockey here once the current projects are completed.

Of course the other possibility is with a new AD there may be a chance that the arena would have beer sales for basketball and as well as hockey if they do decide to pursue it, but that's another topic for discussion. That was never happening under TO's watch.

Pissing off boosters already. Atta boy pearlman.

If John Smith had been hired, boosters X, Y & Z would have been pissed off.

If Bob Jones had been hired, boosters A, B & C would have been pissed off.

If Hoogie Pringle had been hired, boosters M, N & O would have been pissed off.

Doesn't matter who was hired. Some booster(s) were going to get pissed. It's inevitable.

Who is Hoogie Pringle?

Dunno. Some name my dad said as an example of "that guy" when I was a kid. I guess it got ingrained in me. :D

Pissing off boosters already. Atta boy pearlman.

If John Smith had been hired, boosters X, Y & Z would have been pissed off.

If Bob Jones had been hired, boosters A, B & C would have been pissed off.

If Hoogie Pringle had been hired, boosters M, N & O would have been pissed off.

Doesn't matter who was hired. Some booster(s) were going to get pissed. It's inevitable.

Who is Hoogie Pringle?

sounds delicious.

I still think people have been and continue to be nervous about the football program. And there are boosters who think that Mr. Pelini is not recruiting at a level that is going to make us a nationally relevant team. People scoffed last week when I said I was nervous that Wisky might beat us badly. At one point in the second half, we trailed by 17 points. It turned out well for us, but Wisky is not good this year and we trailed by 17 points. I don't think Wisky led any of their other foes by 17 at any point in the game and some of that was at Camp Randall. The opposing teams for Wisky were not great either (Northern Iowa, Utah State and UTEP.) It is still well within the realm of possibility that we lose the next four games, three of which are on the road. If that happens, Nebraska would be a late season upset away from a 6-6 record. Would Tom have made a switch after a 6-6 season? Hard to say, but I would say probably that he would. What Tom would not do is to go out and find a national name to come to Nebraska and pay him big money. A new AD might be more agreeable to that plan.

I'm just curious: No offense intended but what will you do if this new AD embraces Bo and signs him on for many years to come?

Quite frankly, I would be glad. I would really like it if Nebraska could find it's way to at least an 8-4 regular season and a nine-win season with a bowl win. That's kind of the gold standard for a good season around here and would quiet the calls for Bo to be fired. Granted, I would love to believe that Nebraska could go 10-2 or 11-1, win the BIG and head out to the Rose Bowl. In my dream scenario, Oregon runs the table and goes to the BCS title game to face Alabama and Oklahoma finishes second in the Big 12 and is rewarded with a bid to the Rose Bowl where the Sooners get defeated by Nebraska, thus sending Osborne out with a rosy retirement party. However, I am nervous. The warning signs are there for rough waters ahead and a new AD makes it more uncertain because we don't know much about the guy. Hopefully TO's presence through the end of this calandar year will provide a sense of calm and steady leadership that, at the very least, would postpone any talk of Bo's firing until 2013.

I'm not to god awful worried. I'm sure Tom has had a pretty big voice in the process. I'm sure the right choice is being made. It has to be, because Tom won't be able to save us again.

I wonder what this guy will think about a full stadium to look at on gameday?

I don't believe he was Tom's choice. It doesn't mean he won't support it but its not who he recommended. HP is doing this one on his own. He's also made a few big boosters upset (on the surface) with the hire because its not their guy. I think eveyone gives this guy a chance because of the recommendation of BA.

I have always paid attention to what da 'skers posts... I have thought that he/she has a very resourceful connections on the "inside".... I will say with all the confidence that I can muster, that I now KNOW that da 'skers can be pretty much taken for his/her word. I will not go into why I know, but read this post carefully. IMO, Pearlman is a complete dumba$$. Not because of the guy that he hired won't be great, but for other obvious reasons.