Perlman's Hiring of Eichorst

With regards to the TO being forced out line of thinking, I have heard something similar as second hand info that there is a group of big money that has a large donation in order for after TO retires.

What are you trying to imply? Are they planning on trying to buy Pelini's contract out? Is T.O. going to receive this money?

I don't know more than that. I couldn't say for certain what their motives are. No TO was not going to see any money. What I heard was a multi-million dollar donation when TO retired. We could all speculate, if I hear more details, I'll share.

Funny thing is, Perlman and Osborne have both supported the wrong guy at some point - Osborne with Solich and Perlman with Pederson. With 20/20 hindsight we can see that the Pederson hiring was a bit of a disaster. I thought Frank deserved another year, but Pederson had his own ideas. So it goes.

To expand on this point, Osborne fully endorsed the Pederson hire so part of that lies at his feet. He also misfired on the Pelini hire (even if you or others refuse to accept it at this point) so that's on him. Point being, TO's hiring record is much worse than Perlman's.

Caveat: In hindsight. The major issue with Pederson's move was timing. Do it a year earlier and his options double, if not triple. Wait a year and Frank may have figured it all out. But making the move when he made it was disastrous.

Don't always agree with you, but this is spot on. Something for people to keep in mind when calling for Bo's head this year. I'll admit that I want him gone as soon as possible, but one has to look at all the factors to ensure it's not just the right thing to do, but the right time to do it.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but pretty much worthless if we don't learn from it.

With regards to the TO being forced out line of thinking, I have heard something similar as second hand info that there is a group of big money that has a large donation in order for after TO retires.

What are you trying to imply? Are they planning on trying to buy Pelini's contract out? Is T.O. going to receive this money?

I don't know more than that. I couldn't say for certain what their motives are. No TO was not going to see any money. What I heard was a multi-million dollar donation when TO retired. We could all speculate, if I hear more details, I'll share.

I talked the the guy again. What I was told is there is a group of big money boosters who have upwards of $50 million for when TO retires. The primary reason they want him out is they feel his is too cheap with coaching pay all around and that it is detrimental to the programs at Nebraska. Take it for what its worth.

As to weather or not that means the Big Money is going to try to remove Pelini, that is only speculation, and not something I have heard.

I talked the the guy again. What I was told is there is a group of big money boosters who have upwards of $50 million for when TO retires. The primary reason they want him out is they feel his is too cheap with coaching pay all around and that it is detrimental to the programs at Nebraska. Take it for what its worth.

As to weather or not that means the Big Money is going to try to remove Pelini, that is only speculation, and not something I have heard.

I gotta tell ya. I think this guy is pulling your leg.

If there's one thing this athletic department isn't hurting for, it's cash. Hendricks Center. East Stadium. Haymarket Arena. Impending Bob renovation. Hiring of new coaches & ADs. It's not like we're short on funds, and need to make deals with the devil (or boosters - same thing) for the cash.

If there's one thing this athletic department isn't hurting for, it's cash. Hendricks Center. East Stadium. Haymarket Arena. Impending Bob renovation. Hiring of new coaches & ADs. It's not like we're short on funds, and need to make deals with the devil (or boosters - same thing) for the cash.

It could be. But I was told about the push against TO before the retirement announcement was made. And Pearlman did make some comment to a 'window' to hire a new AD.

I really get the impression we have a lot more in common with the SEC than just a love of football though.

That would mean my guy lied to me then. I am having to go with Knapp on this one. There would be no way my guy would not know about 50 million and wanting Pellini out.

I thought we were in the black, book wise. I don't think they will fire Bo any time soon, but I think his seat is slightly warm.

That would mean my guy lied to me then. I am having to go with Knapp on this one. There would be no way my guy would not know about 50 million and wanting Pellini out.

I didn't hear anything about Pelini. Seemed more a reference to assistants. And heard nothing about 'needing' the money. Granted, I may very well be wrong, just repeating what I heard.

Wow, I actually agree with Knapplc on something.

Harvey, by in large is a solid chancellor. The Steve Pedersen hire, at the time, seemed like a perfect fit and was roundly applauded both locally and nationally. Had Harvey NOT hired him, Harvey would have been roundly criticized (hence why Harvey was allowed to purge Pedersen and not lose his job).

I do think that the continued Stagnation of the Program under Pelini -- not the losses, but the WAY NU has been losing -- remains VERY problematic for Bo's long term employment (boosters) -- even in the face of 9 win seasons.

And Bo knows it. Hence his admission that they need to WIN out.

One thing that gets me just a tad is this...

Perlman hired Peterson. Yes, with backing from Osborne. But no one couldve seen what actually happened was going to happen. Then-when not only the football program, but on a much larger scale, the athletic department as a whole was in the shitter-he calls in Tom himself to "temporarily" take the position to not only clean up a bunch of messes, but make a lot of advances as well, not to mention one of the not the largest venture (conference change) this university ever has or ever will partake in. So, I think it to be a little troubling to me if Osborne wasnt at least asked what he thought or for his imput. Not saying TO should be allowed to actaully pick the guy, but allowing for a little input for the sake of continuity wouldnt hurt.

The Athletic Department as a whole wasn't foundering under Pederson. Several coaches very much liked and supported Pederson. Steve's big problem was... well, we all know what it was, so there's no need to rehash. It was a disaster, and we can all agree on that.

Tom's input was garnered in this search. It's not like Perlman shut his door on Tom Osborne and pulled some stunt all on his own.

Funny thing is, Perlman and Osborne have both supported the wrong guy at some point - Osborne with Solich and Perlman with Pederson. With 20/20 hindsight we can see that the Pederson hiring was a bit of a disaster. I thought Frank deserved another year, but Pederson had his own ideas. So it goes.

Tom's input was ignored. I have heard grumblings about the process with Eichorts hire. No internal candidates were even talked to, I mean at least act like you care Harv. So in comes a guy who has very little clue about the Nebraska program, a virtual outsider, I am not faulting the guy one bit for jumping here from Criminal U. I just hope this isn't the final nail to our ready made pine box. Football needs a turnaround fast. I hope Bo pulls it off but where the chips fall should a decision need to bed made makes me anxious.