What If?

What if we do win out the rest of the year? What if every game is ugly, mistake prone and hideous, but we win out?

Would that silence the gloom and doom crowd? I suspect that is the worst possible scenario in the view of some "fans".

IMO if it is ugly and mistake-prone but we still win, we must be doing SOMETHING right because we will be facing some dangerous offenses in Northwestern and Michigan, plus a couple of quality opponents who aren't world-beaters but are good teams nonetheless in Penn State and Michigan State. If we win out with those 4 teams plus Iowa and Minnesota, that is a pretty good achievement no matter how it happens.

What if we do win out the rest of the year? What if every game is ugly, mistake prone and hideous, but we win out?

Would that silence the gloom and doom crowd? I suspect that is the worst possible scenario in the view of some "fans".

If we play that way, Michigan and MSU will def. beat us. Iowa would probably beat us at their house also.

Haters gunna hate... I love hating, because i expect perfection! I know we aren't always going to achieve perfection but I still expect it...

Big difference between "expecting" and "demanding", or "requiring" Some actually demand perfection. That's where the troubles begin. I like to say i just "hope" for perfection. I'll raise it to "expect" when we turn a corner.

That'll conclude our philosophy lesson for today. :D

The question is loaded and highly unlikely. If every game is ugly, mistake prone, and hideous, chances are very high that we will not win all of them or even most of them.

Personally, I would rather see some really good football with noticeable improvements and huge decreases in the amount of mistakes, turnovers, missed tackles, etc. while still losing 1 or 2 more games rather than winning them all in an extremely ugly fashion. My way gives us hope for the future, something to build on, and proof that things may be turning. Winning undeservedly only means that the opponent was even worse on a given day. There aren't and won't be too many of those days in college football.

Yes it would silence the crowd. Personally I don't think going undeafeted the rest of the way is all that far fetched. I am not sure it will happen, but I think it can happen. No team left on our schedual is as talented as OSU is. Unfortunately I think Nebraska may have helped them hit there stride. They may beat up on everyone else they play. Michigan is scarry yes, but it is a home game and Robinson is not nearly as good on the road as he is at home. MSU will be tough, but they really haven't got a lot on offense. Truthfully if the team has there head screwed on tight the rest the games should be Ws

Honestly I would not be happy. I have said a million times I am not concerned about the wins or losses. We play good football, make adjustments, teach the young kids what is expected and put the best team on the field and we lose two games not a problem as long as we are in the games. Some forget that is one of our motos.

Winning like that in a conference pretty much everyone else thinks is joke would not be good for any reason, as it would put un a top bowl against a good team, either Oregon, SC or Stanford. That would not be pretty to say the least. Weak conference, weak to poor team and meeting Oregon would be the worst thing that could happen, they could put a hundred points on us and that dick would.

Just improvement is all I want to see, if we start improving, Bo learns his job, then the future looks better, your scenario would not be the answer. Winning is not everything.

I would be willing to bet that if there was a way to research the archives of letters sent to TO in the 70's and early 80s it would look alot like what we are seeing on this board. "Can't win the big game, Can't beat Oklahoma, Whats wrong with our offense". We are a spoiled fan base by what TO did in the mid 90's. Plain and simple.

Bo's record is currently at 43-18, that's a 70% winning percentage. Are we really going to run this guy out of town??? BC was 27-22, 55% winning percentage, do we want to go back to that?? If we run BO out of town because all he does is win 9+ games a year, because that is all that really counts, wins and losses, nobody will touch us. We need to grow up as a fan base and support our coach and team.

I would be willing to bet that if there was a way to research the archives of letters sent to TO in the 70's and early 80s it would look alot like what we are seeing on this board. "Can't win the big game, Can't beat Oklahoma, Whats wrong with our offense". We are a spoiled fan base by what TO did in the mid 90's. Plain and simple.

Bo's record is currently at 43-18, that's a 70% winning percentage. Are we really going to run this guy out of town??? BC was 27-22, 55% winning percentage, do we want to go back to that?? If we run BO out of town because all he does is win 9+ games a year, because that is all that really counts, wins and losses, nobody will touch us. We need to grow up as a fan base and support our coach and team.

I think you are right on target. I remember the local old boys where I grew up wanting to run Tom out of town for "getting a big head and thinking he needs to go to California to play one of them teams his first year"...totally not understanding the schedule was made years in advance. All the jokes about it taking Tom 3 hours to drive from Lincoln to Omaha because he's afraid to pass....his wife serving him cereal on a plate because he chokes on the bowls...etc, etc, etc. As much as it aggrevates me to see games like OSU last week, for me it does come down to Ws and Ls at the end of the season.