Northwestern is the perfect game for Nebraska...

Hear me out....

Nebraska is in need of a victory, and has unfinished business against NU after last year. This is that tough road test that, while challenging, is VERY WINNABLE. I really believe that a win in Chicagoish will be the momentum swing that we need to finish the season on a high note. Win this weekend, and you set up a very plausible scenario of winning out.

That's where I am right now.

It'd be the perfect game if they did not field an offense. However, they do field an offense run by a very mobile, versatile quarterback. A mobile, versatile quarterback is the exact opposite of a perfect opponent for Nebraska. Heck, an offense with 11 guys with a pulse is a less-than-ideal matchup for this team, much less an offense that can score.

Michigan St is a better game for Nebraska. Northwestern may turn into yet another embarassing game with Colter running all over the place. Fitzgerald is a very good coach, and if you think he hasn't seen the film from the Ohio St game and installing it, you are crazy. So unless Bo has made some drastic changes to stop mobile QBs, I have a feeling that Meltdown v2.0 will take place on Huskerboard this Saturday.

• Fire 1

This is a scary game I think can go either way. This game will tell me a ton about Bo's ability to get a team ready with extra preparation and if he has made corrections and adjustments necessary on defense. If the defense cannot get it together in the next two games (NW and Mich.), it will be a very rough season.

• Fire 1

This is a scary game I think can go either way. This game will tell me a ton about Bo's ability to get a team ready with extra preparation and if he has made corrections and adjustments necessary on defense. If the defense cannot get it together in the next two games (NW and Mich.), it will be a very rough season.

Should be interesting to see what modifications have been made.

Mobile foe quarterback = guaranteed loss in Bo's era.

We need to contract Tonya Harding act for a mobile, versatile quarterback . (just kidding)

Or original M.A.S.H. movie. (scene: inject needle shot during football game against speedy player)

Really? I know we haven't been good but that's a little over-stated.

Washington in the regular season the last two years.

We seemed to do pretty well against Minnesota last year.

We even beat some guy with a bunch of initials once ... RGIII or something like that.

We even beat some guy with a bunch of initials once ... RGIII or something like that.

but RGIII was a true freshman (@Lincoln). Griffin's credit: 125 rushing and 135 passing with no picks. Again true freshman. In 2008, Bears defense was flat out terrible.

Following year, RGIII was injured.

One more time, mobile foe quarterback = guaranteed loss in Bo's era..........

but RGIII was a true freshman (@Lincoln). Griffin's credit: 125 rushing and 135 passing with no picks. Again true freshman. In 2008, Bears defense was flat out terrible.

Anthony Alford - Southern Miss 2012

Derek Carr - Fresno St 2011

Keith Price - Washington 2011

Braxton Miller - OSU 2011

Marquies Gray - Minn 2011

Jake Locker - Washington 2010

Blaine Gabbert - Missouri 2010

Blaine Gabbert - Missouri 2009

Nick Florence - Baylor 2009

RGIII - Baylor 2008

Get over yourself. The pessimism with some people is absolutely ridiculous.

Anthony Alford - Southern Miss 2012

Derek Carr - Fresno St 2011

Keith Price - Washington 2011

Braxton Miller - OSU 2011

Marquies Gray - Minn 2011

Jake Locker - Washington 2010

Blaine Gabbert - Missouri 2010

Blaine Gabbert - Missouri 2009

Nick Florence - Baylor 2009

RGIII - Baylor 2008

Get over yourself. The pessimism with some people is absolutely ridiculous.

Those highlighted are some of the best mobile QB's out there. Only person I was hesitant to highlight was Miller, for the fact, we put him out, and who knows what the outcome would have been last year.

Price, one of the best in the league. Some people have their arguments, but the kid can run and throw almost as good. Something you don't see from a dual threat, besides KSU's Klein. That was basically a shootout game, but we had a very mediocre offense last year, and potentially a worse defense, depending how you look at it.

I just love all the negativity around here when it comes to future games, why not just support? This is what true fans do, win or lose.

Gabbert, he is dangerous, but we have shut him down for the last two years we played him. When we go in with a scheme, we do VERY well if we our players stick to their assignments and avoid missed tackles. What is also key, when we get in the backfield, we have to stop missing them tackles. They hurt us more than anything as well.

Gray, he is probably a better runner than Miller. Again, some may agrue that statement, but if you haven't seen a game, hold your opinion. He is putting up good numbers with a weaker offensive line. Both him and Miller are very injury prone, as well as Robinson, which hopefully plays in our favor (Not that I would ever wish an injury on any player).

Go Big Red!