B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

I think OU's issue is being chained to OSU. They could go PAC or even B1G, but Pickens won't let that happen without osu, and nobody wants them...mediocre athletics and sheety academics.

Right on the nose.

Diet Oklahoma will never get a Big Ten invite as they are a Tier 3 school. Even OU is pushing it.

I still think money talks. Okie lite can join Conference USA and the Big Ten can get OU. OU can play an annual game vs Okie. Long shot but desperation might show itself

I think it's a moot point even talking OU and OSU. If I remember right, the new TV contract the Big XII signed had all the schools giving their media rights over the to conference for at least a decade. Meaning if they change conferences, the new conference would not have any means to air the school's home games in any sport.

I think it's a moot point even talking OU and OSU. If I remember right, the new TV contract the Big XII signed had all the schools giving their media rights over the to conference for at least a decade. Meaning if they change conferences, the new conference would not have any means to air the school's home games in any sport.

No, it means that the school, in addition to exit fees, would have to pay to buy back the rights of the conference. That, and past games may become unavailable to the school as well.

There's no way the Big XII would hold their media rights hostage if a school wanted to leave--sure, they could do so legally, but they won't, and it just instead is another fee on top of the exit fee to consider.

No, it means that the school, in addition to exit fees, would have to pay to buy back the rights of the conference. That, and past games may become unavailable to the school as well.

There's no way the Big XII would hold their media rights hostage if a school wanted to leave--sure, they could do so legally, but they won't, and it just instead is another fee on top of the exit fee to consider.

I don't now the specifics of the law but if push came to shove, the school would just rescind the contract and then only be liable for the $$$ of their rights.

• 4 weeks later...

love it.

Maryland and New Jersey are quality states for recruits and right next to Eastern PA(which is not necessarily PSU territory) and Maryland is right next to a top state in Virginia. We also get DC/Baltimore and NYC added to the Big Ten market.

Just screw those high school stadiums. Play in Giants Stadium and FedEx Field for the Big Games while you upgrade those places.

Still have a contiguous territory(for those that want it, I don't care) and we still don't have any southern states in the conference(again, I don't care and would love Carolina, UVA or GIT in the conference)

For Nebraska, the geography of it sucks unless the BIG gets split into east and west divisions, then it would actually be better for us.

East

Mich

Mich St

Penn St

Rutgers

Maryland

OSU

Indiana

West

Nebraska

Minn

Wisky

Iowa

Northwestern

Purdue

Illinios

Then do whatever with the cross division stuff, but this alignment would be very favorable for the Huskers....if it happened.

If the SEC pushes on to 16 and the BIG follows, this would be the chance to try to get Kansas as one of the two remaining teams.

Also this makes the Big 12 that much weaker desperately trying to add on any scab they can.

The biggest winner if this happens is the new tv contract the BIG would get when they renegotiate. It will be record setting and then some adding the NY/NJ markets as well as the Baltimore/DC markets.

For Nebraska, the geography of it sucks unless the BIG gets split into east and west divisions, then it would actually be better for us.

East

Mich

Mich St

Penn St

Rutgers

Maryland

OSU

Indiana

West

Nebraska

Minn

Wisky

Iowa

Northwestern

Purdue

Illinios

Then do whatever with the cross division stuff, but this alignment would be very favorable for the Huskers....if it happened.

If the SEC pushes on to 16 and the BIG follows, this would be the chance to try to get Kansas as one of the two remaining teams.

Also this makes the Big 12 that much weaker desperately trying to add on any scab they can.

The biggest winner if this happens is the new tv contract the BIG would get when they renegotiate. It will be record setting and then some adding the NY/NJ markets as well as the Baltimore/DC markets.

YES PLEASE. That is how it should have been in the first place(obviously without the new schools)