B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

Awful.

Two worthless teams with worthless road trips. Only thing this adds is $$$$$ for major TV markets. Please don't argue that it helps recruiting, lol

Give me the Big 12 back, please

You really mean the opposite of awful

Two fine academic institutions. Worthless road trips? Yeah, most people hate a long weekend in either DC or NYC

Football-wise it makes no sense for the short-term. Delany is a forward-thinker so I'm going to trust there is a much larger picture to this. If it's simply about TV markets then my confidence wasn't well-placed...

And I don't think I've used so many hyphens in a single post before...

What I'm afraid of is that Delany is putting too much emphasis on academics. That's great and everything, but if their sports programs aren't worth a sh#t then academics don't matter. At the end of the day, conferences have more to do with sports than academics, and that should be the first thing in the minds of anyone who is looking to expand.

Football-wise it makes no sense for the short-term. Delany is a forward-thinker so I'm going to trust there is a much larger picture to this. If it's simply about TV markets then my confidence wasn't well-placed...

Not always about football. There's a reason it was known as the Big 2 and the Little 9. Maryland gives us a stronger foothold in basketball. Don't know what sports wise Rutgers brings to the table. They both bring high academic standards though.

Not always about football. There's a reason it was known as the Big 2 and the Little 9. Maryland gives us a stronger foothold in basketball. Don't know what sports wise Rutgers brings to the table. They both bring high academic standards though.

Who gives a flying f*@!

Who gives a flying f*@!

Everyone but Nebraska apparently.

Who gives a flying f*@!

Most of the rest of the conference.

According to the Journal Star referencing a McClatchy Newspaper article, "Maryland is academically deficient, as evidenced by the loss of three scholarships for the 2011-2012 season after failing to hit the minimum Academic Progress Rate".

Who gives a flying f*@!

Nobody does. You are 100% correct.

You really mean the opposite of awful

Two fine academic institutions. Worthless road trips? Yeah, most people hate a long weekend in either DC or NYC

I'd much rather drive to Ames or Manhattan for a day trip if I'm gonna go somewhere to watch football

Memo to Husker fans, this move isn't solely about what is convenient for Nebraska, it's about the BIG as a whole. We should be thankful we got in when we did, period.