Rex Burkhead

Haspula

I don't think he'll be much of a factor for us the rest of the year. Any little thing that causes irritation to that knee is going to take him out of the game. Quick story on knees...............our local running back was being recruited by several colleges, I don't think any of them were big ones, but he injured his knee about 4 weeks ago in a game. Partially torn ACL, so he rehabbed it for a few weeks and came back for this weeks game. While he was gone the team lost 2 games in a row and before that were undefeated. They had to win this last game to make the playoffs so he thought he'd be the savior..............last Monday, first practice of the week, he runs about a dozen plays, makes a cut to go up field, tears the ACL completely. There goes college scholorship hopes, but thankfully the team won Friday and will be going to the playoffs. Rex has to be careful with that knee, he could end any hopes of a NFL career in one cut.

Sit him. Let him heal 100% and get him ready for the combine. NU owes him that. He has given his all for NU. He has nothing left to prove IMO.

I agree, unless for some odd reason we make the B1G championship game and he's 100% for that game. If he is, then let him play......................but that's a big if on the championship game right now with Michigan coming to town, Michigan State on the road, and Penn State at our house in the next three games. Penn State absolutely destroyed Iowa last night, not that that's saying much with Iowa right now. I'm not as worried about Iowa and Minnesota for obvious reasons. We could lose 2 out of the next 3 very easily with that only win coming at Michigan State cause they are probably the worst team out of the next three, but have the best defense out of those three.

It is really hard to see Rex hurting. All of his Plano fans love him and are so proud of his success and the love and respect the Nebraska faithful have shown him.

Since I see zero chance of a Cornhusker national championship this year (sorry guys), I personally believe it is time for Rex to rest and get better, so he can fulfill his life long dream of playing in the NFL.

Sit him. Let him heal 100% and get him ready for the combine. NU owes him that. He has given his all for NU. He has nothing left to prove IMO.

We have already let him heal to 100% according to Pelini or else he would have never played.

"I would say right now he’s doubtful," Pelini said. "I want to make sure he's absolutely 100 percent before we put him back there. But you know, he’s champing at the bit to get out there. We’ll just see how the next 48 hours play out.”

Journal Star

It's obvious that he is being rushed back too quickly, which will more than likely ruin his sr. season.