Totally dumb question.....

The point here is that the staff should really get credit for good work put in during the bye week, and shoring up, schematically, a defense that had been exposed this year. Many worries that we wouldn't be able to stop Northwestern. Not so: we stopped 'em cold.

Yeah, the mistakes and miscues all come back to the staff as well, in a different sort of way. Still a valid criticism, but I think a really bright day for the defense overrules most of those concerns today.

You don't get that we were clearly the more talented team, but got outcoached?

You don't get that we should've won that game by 3 or 4 touchdowns?

You don't get that we are one of the most undisciplined college football teams in the country?

You don't get that our coaching staff is inadequate?

You don't get that we are lucky as Hell to win a game we had no business winning?

You don't get our program is worth way more than what we saw tPSAT?

You don't get that this coach continues to fail each season when it comes to winning something of substance?

What more do you need to get?

You don't get the fact that your life depends on the lives of 18-22 year olds and that other than one play on defense and two special teams fumbles this game wasn't that close. Keep on hatin

You're right I'm the only Husker fan that really cares, and 1 point game isn't close? You're right a .5 point game would've been better. Enjoy your delusion that our program is just fine.

I guess I don't get how Bo is responsible for the three fumbles that kept this game close. Or playing LB on three one play that northwestern had a big td on because he got caught up in ths line garbage in a defense that had owned the offense up until that point.

Remember trolls Skye up after losses and you are two Weeks late

Question. How much is coaching responsible for a team that year after year puts the ball on the ground more than almost any other team in college football and how much is coaching responsible for team that repeatedly gets flagged 6-9 times per game?

It's amazing to me how crazy defensive people here are acting and how blinded they are by a win. OSU is flat out better than NU. NW is not. So getting rolled by OSU is different than squeaking by NW thanks to one foot on a field goal, especially with the number of boneheaded mistakes and missed opportunities.

• Fire 2

The point here is that the staff should really get credit for good work put in during the bye week, and shoring up, schematically, a defense that had been exposed this year. Many worries that we wouldn't be able to stop Northwestern. Not so: we stopped 'em cold.

Yeah, the mistakes and miscues all come back to the staff as well, in a different sort of way. Still a valid criticism, but I think a really bright day for the defense overrules most of those concerns today.

I don't get this. That field goal goes through, we gave up 30 after a bye week. How is that stopping them cold?

Question. How much is coaching responsible for a team that year after year puts the ball on the ground more than almost any other team in college football and how much is coaching responsible for team that repeatedly gets flagged 6-9 times per game?

It's amazing to me how crazy defensive people here are acting and how blinded they are by a win. OSU is flat out better than NU. NW is not. So getting rolled by OSU is different than squeaking by NW thanks to one foot on a field goal, especially with the number of boneheaded mistakes and missed opportunities.

Still waiting for the plan on how to fix this? But I'm thinking there's not going to be one, and just keep throwing rocks...

I don't get this. That field goal goes through, we gave up 30 after a bye week. How is that stopping them cold?

You derp?

If we lost, the story would have been a lot of bad mistakes sinking us again in a game where we outmatched the opponent on the field for the entire game.

You're right, though. That FG goes through and the whole tenor of the discussion changes. Thank goodness for that...although in either case, I think we can still say two things: crazy amount of mistakes and ball security issues. And our defense is back. One big breakdown aside on that long run, we kept those guys in check.

If we lost, the story would have been a lot of bad mistakes sinking us again in a game where we outmatched the opponent on the field for the entire game.

You're right, though. That FG goes through and the whole tenor of the discussion changes. Thank goodness for that...although in either case, I think we can still say two things: crazy amount of mistakes and ball security issues. And our defense is back. One big breakdown aside on that long run, we kept those guys in check.

That's largely been my point. I don't think you evaluate your team's performance based on the the accuracy of the opposing kicker. That makes no sense.

I guess I'll feel differently about our defense being back. After UCLA and OSU and after giving up 28 to NW even though we had 2 weeks to prepare, I think it's premature to say the defense is back. The good news is that it is clearly that TM has a completely different level of maturity than he did last year and it only seems to be getting better.

theres another derper here that did say those things. I didnt accuse YOU of it. I accused YOU AND YOUR TROLL BUDDIES of it, hence, what they derp, you derp.

Said the logical man.

Notice I'm not accusing every homer here of being a blithering idiot. Only you. See the difference?

BTW Gretchen, stop trying make derp happen. It's not going to happen.

chinchilla-meme-generator-did-someone-say-derp-b038ca.jpg?1317865862.jpg

Well unfortunately I missed the game, but just looking at the stats....

35 less points

195 less yards by the opposing offense

Opposing teams 3rd down efficiency from 45% to 25%

Opposing teams yards per play from 8.4 to 4

All this against two similar offenses

But you can take with with a grain of salt because like i said I did not see the game.

Well unfortunately I missed the game, but just looking at the stats....

35 less points

195 less yards by the opposing offense

Opposing teams 3rd down efficiency from 45% to 25%

Opposing teams yards per play from 8.4 to 4

All this against two similar offenses

But you can take with with a grain of salt because like i said I did not see the game.

They definitely did better than they did against OSU, but OSU and NW are not similar offenses. Not when OSU has Braxton Miller. But doing better against a worse offense is not the claim being made. The claim being made is that NW was "stopped cold". Just because the defense improved from an F to a C doesn't mean they stopped anyone cold.