Michigan Predictions

epocSoN

Welp, the game has finally arrived. We get Michigan in our house, and a chance at revenge for the beat down we took last year. The winner of this game will most likely go on to win the Big 10 title.

Predictions

- Close game till the 4th quarter

- We contain Robinson much better than last year, keeping him under 200 total yards.

- Penalties and preparation are still an issue, and ruin multiple drives for our offense.

- Burkhead does not play, we still don't see enough of Heard.

- Our special teams will score a touchdown

- We lose a close game in the end.

What are you predictions for next week?

I think our offense has the capability to put up at least 28 on Michigan; I think we can do that to just about any defense in the nation. The crucial match up is going to come down to if our defense can put the contain on Dennard Robinson. Make him pass the ball, because he is legitimately their only threat, and he's only a threat if he can run the ball.

So what happens? We contain DRob for most of the night, and he makes a play or two with his arm as well as a few with his legs. Enough for Michigan to score 20 or so. Our offense moves the ball on the ground enough to put up 30 or so. Thing to watch, though, is if we can keep the ball in our hands and not turn the ball over; maybe force some turnovers from Michigan. If we win the turnover battle, the game is not close, we win by 14+. If we lose the turnover battle, the game is close and it will come down just how many plays DRob or our offense can make.

I think the turnover battle is lost, but it won't be as bad as -3; probably -1. Because we are at home I'll give us the win, by 6, 30-24.

I'm going to be optimistic here, and this could be a tide-turning point in the season.

However, if we shoot ourselves in the foot early again in the game, it's going to get too far out of reach for any comeback.

Why on gods green earth would you think that we will stop shooting ourselves in the foot? Make an intelligent decision man.

I guess you didn't quite put it that way.. but I think you see my point.

The sun will set. It will rise in the morning. The huskers will shoot themselves in the foot. Science tells me this.

Braxton Miller is 10 times the QUARTERBACK Dennard Robinson will ever be. And so is Taylor Martinez. If we treat Robinson like a quarterback, he will smoke us. If we treat him like just another running back, just man up press the receivers and do not respect his throwing ability, I believe that would give us the best chance.