Burkhead hardship? What do you think?

Even if he could get one I'd hope he wouldn't take it. If he wants any type of career at the next level he should shut it down now and get ready for the Senior bowl and combine (ala Sam Bradford). It's not that I don't think we need him because we could really use him. It's that with the shelf life on running backs, and the amount of carries he's had in his career, most of a season off might be good for his long term goals. He doesn't owe anything more to this school, he's done more than enough to earn his education.

Even if he could get one I'd hope he wouldn't take it. If he wants any type of career at the next level he should shut it down now and get ready for the Senior bowl and combine (ala Sam Bradford). It's not that I don't think we need him because we could really use him. It's that with the shelf life on running backs, and the amount of carries he's had in his career, most of a season off might be good for his long term goals. He doesn't owe anything more to this school, he's done more than enough to earn his education.

This

My thoughts exactly, if he comes back chances are he will hurt that knee even more and it would really hurt his draft stock. The last thing he needs is to have the kind of injury that lattimore had!. He should just pack it in and get ready for his future in the NFL.

I hate to put this out there but the NFL teams have to know that if this kid is so likely to get hurt at the college level then he will certainly get hurt in the pros. Thats y it wont surprise me a bit if Lattimore comes back for next yr. Just to prove he can make a yr without getting hurt

No NFL team will pick up Lattimore, not even during draft. If he wants a good pay in the NFL, he will HAVE to play another year of college ball to prove he still has it, then show what he has in the combine. He won't be ready for the upcoming combine.

It is time for Rex to move on. Take the rest of the year off, and if we get to the Rose Bowl and only the Rose Bowl play if he can. He has done far more than asked. His stock is not good right now. Heal yourself, and give it hell at the combine. I very little interest in the NFL, but I truly hope this kid and Lattimore make it. Just does not seem fair, but life isn't. He owes this program nothing.

Not worth playing in the who gives a crap bowl, go out with a bang or just set the bench and heal.

Nebraska fans love you, one of the all time favorite Huskers for every one.