Burkhead hardship? What do you think?

I hate to put this out there but the NFL teams have to know that if this kid is so likely to get hurt at the college level then he will certainly get hurt in the pros. Thats y it wont surprise me a bit if Lattimore comes back for next yr. Just to prove he can make a yr without getting hurt

Adrian Peterson says hello

As does Gore, McGahee (spelling) Bradford, Crick, Fonzie etc....... NFL roster has quite a few guys that were hurt in college and picked up. It is a violent game and injuries, to a degree are expected.

His leadership would be great for another year, but I think he should look to his future. We need more like him to go out and make NFL type money he's one who will help others with it, and be another postive light for the Huskers on the national stage!

No offense, but his leadership will be missed, but he is not the leader of the team ;)

Because I love Rex, I don't want him in a Husker uniform next year. He needs to go into the draft whether he can get a hardship or not. He will always be a Husker, but his body only has so many miles on it. Use those miles earning some money, then get out while you're still healthy enough to enjoy your golden years, and use that degree.

The smart move is to go pro.

• Fire 3

I hate to put this out there but the NFL teams have to know that if this kid is so likely to get hurt at the college level then he will certainly get hurt in the pros. Thats y it wont surprise me a bit if Lattimore comes back for next yr. Just to prove he can make a yr without getting hurt

Adrian Peterson says hello

So does Demarco Murry lol..

Because I love Rex, I don't want him in a Husker uniform next year. He needs to go into the draft whether he can get a hardship or not. He will always be a Husker, but his body only has so many miles on it. Use those miles earning some money, then get out while you're still healthy enough to enjoy your golden years, and use that degree.

Completely agree.

Also, I don't know how too many programs would handle something like this. Then again, they don't have a person with Rex's character.

Completely agree.

Also, I don't know how too many programs would handle something like this. Then again, they don't have a person with Rex's character.

There are many kids with Rex's character out there, you just don't hear much about them, because they aren't a Husker, and you probably don't follow their program. There are many collegiate fans out there, from other programs that have no idea what Rex has done off the field. Majority of the public sees what they do on the field, not off, unless its something criminal based.

If there was a decision for Rex to make, I would want him to make the one that has his best interests in mind. He's been an inspiration to the program and community, and I don't think that there's anyone here who feels that he owes us anything more than he's already given. Imagine what the last 3 years would have been like around Lincoln without him both on the field and off. I can't. Rex, in my eyes, you've paid in full and then some.

Even if he could get one I'd hope he wouldn't take it. If he wants any type of career at the next level he should shut it down now and get ready for the Senior bowl and combine (ala Sam Bradford). It's not that I don't think we need him because we could really use him. It's that with the shelf life on running backs, and the amount of carries he's had in his career, most of a season off might be good for his long term goals. He doesn't owe anything more to this school, he's done more than enough to earn his education.

I whole-heartedly agree with the above, except for the fact that I think if Rex is good to go soon, we will see him play and I would not discourage him from doing so. Reason being is that this is a type of kid that we really want in are program are currently recruiting (ala Westerkamp and Johnny Stanton) that really would give anything for this university. I would tell him that he doesn't have to, but I have a feeling that those words wouldn't get anywhere.