What has changed with the D

Good article form Hail Varsity about some "changes" with the D since the debacle that was OSU. Nice piece for those who said Bo's schemes are not complicated..............

What’s led to the fewer mistakes and overall better execution? Pelini wasn’t quite ready to say he’s simplified things defensively, but he did say he’s perhaps limited the calls in certain situations and with certain personnel.

“I’ve altered what we do philosophically a little bit, but not a lot. We’ve stayed within the same structure but maybe limited certain areas of it to allow them to play fast and aggressive and with a greater deal of understanding.

“A lot of the concepts we used against Ohio State we’ve used the last two weeks, we’ve just done them better. You maybe limit the amount of ways you do it, maybe that’s been, to a certain extent, what we’ve done, but there’s some give and take with that.”

http://hailvarsity.c...own-on-defense/

Eric Martin has Been unleashed.

David santos lightswitch went off.

Offenses where fisher and Whaley can excel.

Baker been playing well, as he has most of season

Secondary is gelled and dialed in.

Cam moves inside some snaps, seems to be a good fit for him.

There are a lot reasons our D is playing well

Pffft.....poor qb play alone should not be misinterpreted.

Ok flame away :) ---- but as happy as we are, some of you know deep down its the gospel truth

I completely ignored the fact that Michicken had no offense the second half! I am just trying to feel good.

I feel ya 'lo'.....me too...I'm just not ready to put them in the hall of fame just yet :)

Ok flame away :) ---- but as happy as we are, some of you know deep down its the gospel truth

We had more yards in defensive penalties with their backup in then they had gain legitimately. Regardless of the excuses, we completely shut down their backup qb, which is what you're supposed to do. Even with Robinson in the game, we probably win. Michigan still does not score 20, though they may make it to the endzone. The 3 picks probably still happen. Bo's plan was going to be effective. That was already evident.

Whatever the changes were, scheme, personnel, limiting calls, better fundamentals etc, it is evident that after the OSU game, we are a completely different D.

I just hope that the guys really stay focused. Saw another article where the writer stated that after the Michicken game, none of the players were really smiling. Just focused. Checking this game off the list and moving on to the next.

The gospel truth is that players getting hurt in a game is just part of the game and deep down you know it. I know your type. If Martinez would have got hurt in the 2nd quarter. You wouldn't be making any excuses as to why Nebraska lost.

I don't understand why so many people have to justify or qualify a win.

Whatever the changes were, scheme, personnel, limiting calls, better fundamentals etc, it is evident that after the OSU game, we are a completely different D.

I just hope that the guys really stay focused. Saw another article where the writer stated that after the Michicken game, none of the players were really smiling. Just focused. Checking this game off the list and moving on to the next.

Read Sam Mckeon's article. There is already a thread going. BP has a great scheme. It just takes a long time to grasp. That is the problem. Once the DB really get the coverage down it allows the front 7 to play more aggesive.

We had more yards in defensive penalties with their backup in then they had gain legitimately. Regardless of the excuses, we completely shut down their backup qb, which is what you're supposed to do. Even with Robinson in the game, we probably win. Michigan still does not score 20, though they may make it to the endzone. The 3 picks probably still happen. Bo's plan was going to be effective. That was already evident.

They probably wouldn't have needed 20. How many three and outs did they have when Shoelace left the game? With Shoelace, they definitely would have limited the amount of posessions our offense had.

They probably wouldn't have needed 20. How many three and outs did they have when Shoelace left the game? With Shoelace, they definitely would have limited the amount of posessions our offense had.

Also Dennard was throwing some great balls to keep the drives going, I doubt he would keep that up all game if he hadn't gotten hurt.