Sam knocks another one out of the park - Bo's secondary analysis

knapplc

Husker pass defense getting into groove

LINCOLN — Andy Warhol’s full of it. The pop artist once said he was afraid the longer he looked at something, the less it meant. That idea wouldn’t fly in Nebraska’s football program.

Especially for the secondary, where NU’s match-read zone pass defense — sounds like a Wall Street formula, huh? — remains perfectly perplexing to most opposing quarterbacks.

At a three-second glance — which is all the time a QB usually has — it looks like a bunch of blanketed wide receivers. It looks like a zone defense suddenly switching into man defense. It looks like an angry, physical organism comprised of a 47.5 percent completion rate and 5.4 yards per attempt.

To Nebraska defensive backs, it looks like coach Bo Pelini said it would. It looks like, after a season of busted coverages, it’s finally making more sense. After hours and hours and hours of looking, looking, looking at film. Before practice. After practice. At home on the Hudl video program. The longer they look, the more it means.

None of it’s mandatory. Just advisable if you want to be a groove in Bo’s vice grip.

Go read the rest of the article and learn something, you schmoes. Go on! Go!

This really sums up the good and the bad of what BP is trying to do. Once the players really get they are great, but it just takes a lot of time to get it. Once they get it it allows our first 2 levels to play a little more aggresive. That is what we are seeing.

And at the perfect time.................keep grinding Huskers, one..............game.................at....................a.........................time! BRING IT ON SPARTANS!

• Fire 1

so, i guess here at nebraska one could say having early playing time, against lesser opponents maybe, is key for our secondary.

having a good group every single year of returning starters is important. that way we don't have to wait til week 6 to get our secondary cranked up to speed.

who do we have back next year?

mitchell

green

SJB

Seisay

Evans

who else?

and who has gotten good playing time besides them who may be a bit younger?

Can anyone argue that Sam is indisputably the best writer in the state of Nebraska ?

I could argue that Chatelain is tops, with Sam right on his heels.

Well, I guess we CAN argue then....... :D ( I'd side with Sam because his "takes" seem to have a little more maturity to them).

• Fire 3

so, i guess here at nebraska one could say having early playing time, against lesser opponents maybe, is key for our secondary.

having a good group every single year of returning starters is important. that way we don't have to wait til week 6 to get our secondary cranked up to speed.

mitchell

green

SJB

Seisay

Evans

who else?

Charles Jackson

Cooper

Harvey Jackson

But we will have stand out players as well with, Alonzo Moore & Jonathan Rose

mitchell

green

SJB

Seisay

Evans

who else?

Charles Jackson

Cooper

Harvey Jackson

But we will have stand out players as well with, Alonzo Moore & Jonathan Rose

And Zaire if he's healthy.