Martinez Set to Pass Crouch on Nebraska's All-Time Yardage List

Just imagine what Taylor's stats would look like if he got to play behind Crouch's OL. This isn't necessarily a knock on Barney Cotton but rather a knock on the calibur of talent.

Frazier's stats don't look better than they do because he had LP and Ahman behind him. Plus, we used to let our fullback carry the ball.

I believe he's the 3rd QB in FBS history to pass for more than 5,000yds and rush for 2,000yds (Vince Young and Brad Smith are the other two). I think that's what the commentators mentioned during the Michigan game. I could be wrong. I have CRAFT disease

I'm guessing they must have been commentating (didn't hear as I was at the game) that was only the 2nd time two QB's with those stats had played in the same game.

I believe he's the 3rd QB in FBS history to pass for more than 5,000yds and rush for 2,000yds (Vince Young and Brad Smith are the other two). I think that's what the commentators mentioned during the Michigan game. I could be wrong. I have CRAFT disease

I think they said he was the 15th player to do all that.

Just imagine what Taylor's stats would look like if he got to play behind Crouch's OL. This isn't necessarily a knock on Barney Cotton but rather a knock on the calibur of talent.

Frazier's stats don't look better than they do because he had LP and Ahman behind him. Plus, we used to let our fullback carry the ball.

What would Crouch's O line have looked like if the blocking rules then would have been like they are now?

Crouch was a better qb thatn martinez. Crouch could juke in the opone field while martinez cant. Burkhead was just as good as crouch's running backs.. Im not dissing Martinez but Crouch, Frazier, Frost, Ganz were all better qb's.

• Fire 1

Crouch was a better qb thatn martinez. Crouch could juke in the opone field while martinez cant. Burkhead was just as good as crouch's running backs.. Im not dissing Martinez but Crouch, Frazier, Frost, Ganz were all better qb's.

Burkhead is better than any of the RB's that played with Crouch. Crouch was equivalent to his team in much the same way as Braxton Miller is to Ohio State. If Crouch went down for an injury, we were by all intensive purposes screwed. However, he got to run behind a much more talented OL than Martinez gets to operate behind. Crouch was a great QB for us, but I'm not willing to concede that Crouch is better than Martinez. I hope you're not serious about listing Ganz as a better QB than Maritinez because they're not even in the same league. Frost is very difficult to compare to any on your list. He didn't juke anybody. He just ran over them.

If this team continue to improve, I have a feeling by the end of the 2013 season people will view Martinez in a different light. I'm not saying Martinez will be annointed the best QB ever to play at NU, but I do believe he will be viewed as one of the top three.

• Fire 1

Just because a player has an All Time record does not make him an All Time great player.

There are plenty of players throughout college football history that have set team and NCAA All Time records that would not be considered All Time greats at their respective positions.

I won’t say this is the case with Taylor Martinez because he still has work left to do, but just something to think about before throwing his name in with Tommie, Turner and Crouch.

Just because a player has an All Time record does not make him an All Time great player.

There are plenty of players throughout college football history that have set team and NCAA All Time records that would not be considered All Time greats at their respective positions.

I won’t say this is the case with Taylor Martinez because he still has work left to do, but just something to think about before throwing his name in with Tommie, Turner and Crouch.

It's kind of funny that Gill is rarely ever mentioned with regards to best NU QB's. I'd venture to guess it has a lot to do with him playing nearly 30 years ago. It might also have something to do with having the luxury of playing alongside Fryar and Rogier.

• Fire 1

I'm guessing they must have been commentating (didn't hear as I was at the game) that was only the 2nd time two QB's with those stats had played in the same game.

That may have very well been the case. Like I said, I have CRAFT disease so I tend to forget things

Title says it all. Save an injury Taylor Martinez is 114 total yards from matching Eric Crouch's 7,915 career yards, a Nebraska record, this week at Michigan St. There will be naysayers, but I for one will be a damn proud Husker fan and be grinning ear to ear when Martinez breaks the record this weekend.

GBR!!

He also has another year to go. Taylor has the potential to set that bar high.

That may have very well been the case. Like I said, I have CRAFT disease so I tend to forget things

That's not a real disease is it? IIRC Google said it wasn't but now I can't remember for certain.