***Official Nebraska vs MSU "Expert" Predictions Thread***

GSG

http://espn.go.com/b...tions-week-10-2

No. 20 NEBRASKA at MICHIGAN STATE

Brian Bennett: The Spartans are at home, have that lock-down defense and should play with more confidence on offense after last week's win at Wisconsin. But ... I just remember how easily Nebraska shut down a much better Michigan State attack last year in Lincoln and how well the Blackshirts normally match up with pro-style passing teams. And even though Taylor Martinez and the Huskers won't score as much as they usually do, they will put up too many points for the Spartans. Martinez overcomes a couple of turnovers and leads a patented Nebraska comeback win. ... Nebraska 23, Michigan State 16

Adam Rittenberg: Maybe Michigan State finally has turned the corner, but I also like this matchup for Nebraska. Pelini's defenses feast on pro-style offenses, and Michigan State hasn't had a good one this season. The Spartans score an early touchdown off of a Nebraska turnover, but the Huskers eventually settle down. QB Taylor Martinez connects with receiver Kenny Bell for a score and several long passes, and while the Huskers struggle to get in the end zone, Brett Maher goes 4-for-4 on field-goal attempts. Spartans running back Le'Veon Bell records another 100-yard rushing performance, but he needs at least 30 carries to get there. ... Nebraska 19, Michigan State 17

http://www.athlonspo...and-predictions

Big Ten's Top Storylines to Watch in Week 10:

1. Can Nebraska handle the driver’s seat?

Whether Denard Robinson played the entire game or not, Nebraska emerged from last weekend’s tilt with Michigan as the frontrunner in the Legends Division. There is no rest for the weary, however, as the Huskers travel to East Lansing this weekend to take on Michigan State. The Spartans are an enigmatic team that went on the road and beat Wisconsin last weekend with little to no offensive production from the quarterback position. Bo Pelini can work himself into a frenzy on the sidelines at times and he will need to portray an image of calm, cool and collected this weekend. A potential return trip to Pasadena is in the cards if they can handle the pressure of being the hunted on the road this weekend.

2. The league’s best offense vs. the league’s best defense

Taylor Martinez and the Huskers are leading the Big Ten in scoring offense (39.3 ppg), total offense (489.1 ypg) and rushing (264.1 ypg). Michigan State and William Gholston are leading the Big Ten in total defense (267.4 ypg), scoring defense (15.0 ppg) and rushing defense (91.2 ypg). Talk about strength on strength. Something will have to give on Saturday night and if Nebraska wants to be taken seriously as a Big Ten title contender under Bo Pelini, this is a game it has to win.

Braden Gall......Nebraska, 24-21

Mitch Light.......Nebraska, 20-13

Steven Lassan..Nebraska, 24-20

David Fox.........Nebraska, 21-17

Post others that you find around the interwebz

I have a bad feeling about everyone favoring us lol. Its ours to lose, lets just see which team shows up, and if these past two weeks have been a fluke, or we are truly getting better. Either way, we win, 27-13. GBR!

http://btn.com/2012/...all-five-games/

Tom’s pick: Nebraska, 24-21 – Great offense (Cornhuskers) vs. great defense (Spartans). Which unit can impose its will on the other? It may come down to how well the MSU offense does vs. a surging Nebraska defense. Bet you weren’t expecting that, huh?

Brent’s pick: Nebraska, 27-20They say a great defense stops a great offense, and that may be the case in this one. But as good as Michigan State’s defense is, it will need a lot more help from its offense to keep up with, perhaps, the Big Ten’s best offense.

Brian Bennett: The Spartans are at home, have that lock-down defense and should play with more confidence on offense after last week's win at Wisconsin. But ... I just remember how easily Nebraska shut down a much better Michigan State attack last year in Lincoln and how well the Blackshirts normally match up with pro-style passing teams. And even though Taylor Martinez and the Huskers won't score as much as they usually do, they will put up too many points for the Spartans. Martinez overcomes a couple of turnovers and leads a patented Nebraska comeback win. ... Nebraska 23, Michigan State 16

Please God, no. My heart can't take a comeback. Let's just beat them early so I can drink.

You wanna talk about critical games and turning the corner. Well, this game is the largest one yet in disguise. The Michigan game was big. We all know this. But we've always been capable of winning those games, and we've done it on numerous occasions. This game against Michigan St. is the game we have to turn the corner and rid ourselve of the letdown issues that plague us. If we come out focused and control the game for a W, then yes, we are heading in the right direction. But if we turn it over, have miscues on D that give them points they couldnt earn on their own, and the offense is sputtery, then it will be the same old Pelini bunch and we could see this season slip away like last year's did. This game is equivilant to 2011 Northwestern. Only difference, we know how important it is this time because of what happened exactly one year ago.

• Fire 1

I didn't want to start a new thread, but here's some "tidbits" for this week:

• Michigan State has forced 38 “three-and-out” drives this season, tied with Wisconsin for the Big Ten lead. It’s the second most forced against FBS opponents.
  • Nebraska leads the Big Ten and is tied for seventh most in FBS with 51 plays that gained 20 yards or more. The Cornhuskers are one of three FBS teams with at least 20 pass and rush 20-plus yards plays (Texas A&M and Ohio State).

http://espn.go.com/b...big-ten-week-10

47.5%: Huskers’ opponents are completing 47.5% on the season – the lowest percentage nationally.

Nebraska visits a Michigan State team fresh off a three-point overtime win at Wisconsin. The close game continued a trend for the Spartans.

6: Michigan State has had 6 games decided by 4 or fewer points so far this season. That is the most in the nation.

With the win, Michigan State heads into November riding some momentum. It’s a month that’s been good to them under Mark Dantonio.

13-3, 5-19: The Spartans are (13-3) in November in five seasons under Dantonio. They were (5-19) in the month in the seven seasons before he arrived in East Lansing.

MSU isn’t the only team that’s happy to see the calendar turn. Last year aside, the month has been incredibly good lately to Ohio State.

http://btn.com/2012/...for-title-time/

What Nebraska fan base needs to do in this game is realize we are going up against what potentially is a really good defense. So, if we have a few 3 and outs that is expected. If we have a drive here and there that stalls, that is expected.

I still think we score more points than them because I believe their offense is horrible. Ours will eventually score points.

I believe we win 33 - 10.

MSU wont score more than 3 points on us... they have history of that... last 3 times we have played them if im not mistaken lol

This got me thinking about how we historically matched up against MSU.

We've only played them six times.

We've only played in East Lansing once. W 55-10.

Most points they've ever scored on us is 14. They average 6 points per game.

Least points we have scored on them is 17, in the 2003 Alamo Bowl. We average 34 points per game.

You wanna talk about critical games and turning the corner. Well, this game is the largest one yet in disguise. The Michigan game was big. We all know this. But we've always been capable of winning those games, and we've done it on numerous occasions. This game against Michigan St. is the game we have to turn the corner and rid ourselve of the letdown issues that plague us. If we come out focused and control the game for a W, then yes, we are heading in the right direction. But if we turn it over, have miscues on D that give them points they couldnt earn on their own, and the offense is sputtery, then it will be the same old Pelini bunch and we could see this season slip away like last year's did. This game is equivilant to 2011 Northwestern. Only difference, we know how important it is this time because of what happened exactly one year ago.

I agree this game worries me for that reason. I hope they realize how important this game is. I think we win the guys on Big 10 Network are all predicting an NU loss. That is good the only time in recent memory they said we would win was at OSU