Sipple: Osborne weighs in on Husker recruiting

Nexus

FWIW, Bo's highest ranked recruiting class since he's been here is 2011.

I wonder where it would end up now - considering the core of that ranking is not on the roster. Ryan Klachko, Tyler Moore, Aaron Green, Bubba Starling (and Stafford/Carter are gone after this year).

I noticed that as well. Really only Stafford will end up being a major contributor. Ouch.

I wonder where it would end up now - considering the core of that ranking is not on the roster. Ryan Klachko, Tyler Moore, Aaron Green, Bubba Starling (and Stafford/Carter are gone after this year).

I noticed that as well. Really only Stafford will end up being a major contributor. Ouch.

Not entirely. Jamal Turner, Zach Sterup, David Santos, Ryne Reeves, Todd Peat, and Charles Jackson were 4 star recruits from that class. Jamal, David and Charles have seen a good amount of time on the field and have bright futures at Nebraska. Zach and Ryne will probably get more looks at rotating in next year. Todd Peat, well his future remains uncertain.

Not entirely. Jamal Turner, Zach Sterup, David Santos, Ryne Reeves, Todd Peat, and Charles Jackson were 4 star recruits from that class. Jamal, David and Charles have seen a good amount of time on the field and have bright futures at Nebraska. Zach and Ryne will probably get more looks at rotating in next year. Todd Peat, well his future remains uncertain.

If he could get healthy and remain healthy, with the talent we have next year, we could have a wrecking ball d-line.

so you're telling me Osborne had some top ten classes and ranking between 15-30 in the recruiting ranking? i thought all the rosters from the 1990's were made up of walk-ons and 1 star kids, coaching is the most important thing but you got to get some elite kids as well

The difference being we were Bama' dominant then with classes ranked in the 15-30 while Bama' is Bama' dominant with classes ranked 1-5. We gotta get "some" elite kids. We don't have to have the entire recruiting class made up of elite players. This is what TO did was get "some". Bo has been getting "some". If our wins and losses come down to whether we have consecutive top ten recruiting classes or not, fans are more than likely going to be awfully disappointed.

very true, get some "elite kids" and some unheralded guys that maybe their big instate school didn't want and then coach them up to be great college football players.

The fact that these recruiting rankings have a large varying range between them leads me to believe they aren't all that accurate. And the statistics posted on page one about recruiting class rank and national champs....could it be that almost all of those teams have high quality coaching staffs?

I meant that was a pretty good list of players that kchusker_chris ticked off and only Stafford will end up contributing much. Didn't mean to imply that no one else in the class would contribute because they obviously will.