What did we learn?

I really don't think we learned anything.

What we already knew:

Nebraska likes to turn the ball over

Nebraska likes to bring us right to that point of turning off the TV before somehow staying in the game

Nebraska has a letdown after a big win, against a team they should beat without a lot of trouble

I guess what we might have learned is that this year those letdowns have been close victories instead of close losses.

I like that the team has fight. But teams that self-destruct are almost never championship material. This team makes it impossible to buy stock. You're waiting for the game where they learn to play relatively mistake free and dominate, or the game where their mistakes can't be overcome by lucky twists and they knock themselves out of a title.

Which happens first might well depend on the Penn State game.

we would be really good if we weren't so inconsistent if nick saben coached this team we would be a top 5 team.

One of the reasons we are inconsistent is because we are not that good. It goes hand in hand we wouldn't be top 5 with Vince Lombardi coaching us, at best we are maybe a top 10 to 15. We look good because we are playing in what is currently a very mediocre league. Talking about being top 5 is way out there we just nipped a 5-5 team that has 4 losses in conference.

We look good because we are playing in what is currently a very mediocre league.

28179367.jpg

As far as what I learned?

I learned that unless we thoroughly trounce our opponent by 50 and make them look like a Lawrence Phillips domestic violence victim, our more myopic fans are going to incessantly bitch about the coaching staff without offering any constructive criticism, complain about our move to the B1G and how it supposedly was a s****y decision, and degrade any accomplishment by these kids because they can't relive the halcyon days of the early 70s or mid 90s.

we would be really good if we weren't so inconsistent if nick saben coached this team we would be a top 5 team.

One of the reasons we are inconsistent is because we are not that good. It goes hand in hand we wouldn't be top 5 with Vince Lombardi coaching us, at best we are maybe a top 10 to 15. We look good because we are playing in what is currently a very mediocre league. Talking about being top 5 is way out there we just nipped a 5-5 team that has 4 losses in conference.

Oh lord. You're one of them arent you?

Oh lord. You're one of them arent you?

What do you mean by one of them? If you mean I can look at my alma mater with out my big red colored glasses and give a realistic evaluation of how good they are then yes I am one of them. If you mean I am one of those fans that's never happy and just complains to be complaining then no I am not one of them.