Poll is Out

Oh you guys. The balance I'm talking about is not in regards to offense and defense. It's the quality of team from top to bottom. This conference is not top heavy. Dont even know if I could put Ohio St in the elite category right now. Hence, a lot of good teams. Outside of Minnesota, Illinois, and right now, Purdue, anyone could legitimately beat anyone in this conference. Dont know that you could say the same for the other conferences. It results in beating up on each other like I said.

The top teams of the SEC and Oregon are exempt from this comparison. They are on another level right now. But compared to the ACC, Pac12 and Big12, teams from each level of each conference are on par with teams on the same level of the other conferences. I just dont think this conference is overall as bad as the national perception makes it out to be based on some bad out of conference losses. But dont get me wrong, I'm not near satisfied with the standing of the Big10 either.

Oh you guys. The balance I'm talking about is not in regards to offense and defense. It's the quality of team from top to bottom. This conference is not top heavy. Dont even know if I could put Ohio St in the elite category right now. Hence, a lot of good teams. Outside of Minnesota, Illinois, and right now, Purdue, anyone could legitimately beat anyone in this conference. Dont know that you could say the same for the other conferences. It results in beating up on each other like I said.

The top teams of the SEC and Oregon are exempt from this comparison. They are on another level right now. But compared to the ACC, Pac12 and Big12, teams from each level of each conference are on par with teams on the same level of the other conferences. I just dont think this conference is overall as bad as the national perception makes it out to be based on some bad out of conference losses. But dont get me wrong, I'm not near satisfied with the standing of the Big10 either.

We're all mediocre. I think you're supporting that with your argument. We're not all good. We're all average. Even OSU isn't elite right now. If they played any of the top 4 teams I think they lose to all of them. The only one they might beat is Notre Lame. LSU would also beat them assuming Miles doesn't screw over his own team again. Georgia would probably beat them. And OSU spanked us.

We're all mediocre. I think you're supporting that with your argument. We're not all good. We're all average. Even OSU isn't elite right now. If they played any of the top 4 teams I think they lose to all of them. The only one they might beat is Notre Lame. LSU would also beat them assuming Miles doesn't screw over his own team again. Georgia would probably beat them. And OSU spanked us.

We would beat KState and so would tOSU. If you choose to argue I warn you that you will have to bring the goods. By that I mean you would actually have to use objectivity and reasoning. Go.

We would beat KState and so would tOSU. If you choose to argue I warn you that you will have to bring the goods. By that I mean you would actually have to use objectivity and reasoning. Go.

How about you bring the goods first. Explain to me how our mistake-prone team would not shoot itself in the foot and piss the game away against K-State. I think you need to not imply that I have no objectivity or reasoning. Do we have more talent than K-State? Probably so. But that doesn't change the fact that we're barely a top 20 team.

My top 5 is

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3, Oregon

4, Kansas State

5 Notre Dame

How's LSU even in the discussion now?

I think he feels that since LSU almost beat the almighty Tide, they deserve to be #2.

Because, you know, it's college football. Where you move up for losing...

LSU is a good team, but #2? Get real. They lost to Bama. They should drop.

My top 5 is

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3, Oregon

4, Kansas State

5 Notre Dame

How's LSU even in the discussion now?

I think he feels that since LSU almost beat the almighty Tide, they deserve to be #2.

Because, you know, it's college football. Where you move up for losing...

LSU is a good team, but #2? Get real. They lost to Bama. They should drop.

I think LSU belongs right around their ranking prior to the game. Drop them one spot to #6. And Les Miles is an overrated coach.

http://www.usatoday....s/coaches-poll/

Northwestern is #21. Looks like the legends are representing the B1G.

With a huge match up with Michigan next week. I'm rooting for NW.

A little off topic, but here a new non-football ranking that just came out. Big 10 did well. Nebraska #120, Minnesota #92, Ohio State #83, Michigan #49, Michigan State #160, Illinois #28, Purdue #97, Penn State #153, Iowa #124. http://blog.lumosity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lumositys-Smartest-Colleges.pdf (full rankings start around page 12).

If we can finish things out we will be ranked fairly high preseason next year, top 10 for sure. Our schedule sets up great next year, out offense should get even better(sans injuries), but we lose alot of guys on defense. The one good thing is I believe the players we will have on defense next year are gonna have a chance to be really good if they can learn the defense and execute, tons of athletes waiting to play on D right now.

How about you bring the goods first. Explain to me how our mistake-prone team would not shoot itself in the foot and piss the game away against K-State. I think you need to not imply that I have no objectivity or reasoning. Do we have more talent than K-State? Probably so. But that doesn't change the fact that we're barely a top 20 team.

You were the one that implied that nobody in the Big Ten would beat KSU. So you are only using the rankings as your proof? That is fine.

1) We are more talented. No disagreement here at all.

2) Kansas State has not played a single team that is dedicated to running the football. I know this because there have only been 273 rushing attempts against them this year rounding out to average right around 30 carries per game. Which is the least amount in the conference. There isn't a team in the Big Ten under 33 attempts per game and that team is Iowa.

3) We average right around 45 carries a game. So I would consider us a running team.

4) We have played four teams that statistically you could argue are better against the run than KSU. It is unfortunate that KSU only has 273 attempts against them, because three of these four teams has no less than 30 more attempts against than KSU in Ohio State, MSU, and NW. So I would say that we have played better competition than their defense against the rush.

The above four points are to prove that yes, we would score points on them in boat loads. I would say no less than 28 to 30. Obviously that is just me coming up with a logical conclusion.

Unfortunately, there isn't a good offense to compare KSU to. The one I would say is maybe Northwestern?????

1) Northwestern statistically has a better rushing attack than KSU. So do three others that we have played. Granted, one is tOSU

2) KSU is the second worst team in the conference next to KU through the air. As you know, the Big 12 is a very pass heavy conference. They would be 6th in the BIG right behind us. They have the least amount of attempts in the conference by far at 196 and that would also be true in the Big 12.

3) Collin Klein is roughly 65% of their total offense.

The above three posts is to prove two points that A) they don't throw the football and B) they are rely heavily on Klein. I would also say that both of us would agree that we don't have that much to worry about when it comes to the passing game and defending it.

So really, the keys to beating KSU is to stop Klien and their running attack. Out of the dual threat QBs that we have seen this year, I would say that he is the slowest and they really dont scramble with him or run the zone read, they use him as their running back. If you rewatch the KSU-OU game, you will agree with me.

The area that I would give KSU praise at is that they have not given up a single point on a turnover. So Klein is really your stereotypical white fake-dual threat QB. This is where I would give them an edge in this game is that they don't seem to make too many mistakes and when they do, they usually pick themselves up. You know? Just like we have in the Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Michigan State games??????

My point being Beanman throughout this whole thing is that we would have more than a good chance to beat KSU. So to claim that we are mediocre just isn't accurate.

• Fire 1

As we play now, we have no chance against a sound Kansas St team. But if we play perfect, or as good as them, we run'em off the field. I'm sorry but I've watched Kansas St a few times this year as well as other teams in the Big12 and they are just a beneficiary of playing in a conference with a total lack of defense while they play good D of their own, and of teams in front of them losing while they continue to rattle of wins. Kansas St. has a serious wake up call coming when they have to play someone with a solid defense in their bowl game.

As we play now, we have no chance against a sound Kansas St team. But if we play perfect, or as good as them, we run'em off the field. I'm sorry but I've watched Kansas St a few times this year as well as other teams in the Big12 and they are just a beneficiary of playing in a conference with a total lack of defense while they play good D of their own, and of teams in front of them losing while they continue to rattle of wins. Kansas St. has a serious wake up call coming when they have to play someone with a solid defense in their bowl game.

OU seems to be coming out of the south correct? If that be the case OU will beat them by 21+.