Poll is Out

If Nebraska wins out they will see the top ten. it will be a paper ranking,but they will be there.

Paper ranking? With a Big 10 championship and a Rose Bowl win over a legitimate opponent? How would that be a paper ranking. That would be 8 wins in a row. And IF that happens, the team will have made some serios and drastic improvements in multiple phases. If we win out, and top 10 ranking would be very legit.

Yeah a rose bowl win against a lower or even unranked team. Take a look at the top 25 and show me how Nebraska could even play with any of the top ten teams. it will be a false hope. The big ten is = to mac this year. Next year will have top 15 starting off again.

If Nebraska wins out they will see the top ten. it will be a paper ranking,but they will be there.

Paper ranking? With a Big 10 championship and a Rose Bowl win over a legitimate opponent? How would that be a paper ranking. That would be 8 wins in a row. And IF that happens, the team will have made some serios and drastic improvements in multiple phases. If we win out, and top 10 ranking would be very legit.

Yeah a rose bowl win against a lower or even unranked team. Take a look at the top 25 and show me how Nebraska could even play with any of the top ten teams. it will be a false hope. The big ten is = to mac this year. Next year will have top 15 starting off again.

Again, you are ignoring our "if's" We all agree that this team is not of that caliber right now. BUT, IF we make the drastic improvement necessary in the 3 aspects described, then this team is fully cabable of being that elite, because we have seen a plenty of the the flashes of brilliance to suggest such. It was the point I was poking for in my "Are we a sleeping giant?" thread, but I think some are just bypassing the "IF" factor.

Bottom line-If we quit making all these mistakes and force some more turnovers than we ahve, then we are a legit top 10 team that could compete and/or legitimately beat anyone outside of Bama and Oregon.

I know youy're saying that a bit tongue in cheek, but honestly if you paired up Mac and B1G teams we'd roll em almost across the board. The two teams I actually worry about losing would be Iowa and Purdue. They're just in a terrible funk right now...

It's a down year, yeah, but the other top team in the conference is banned for cheating right now. That's on them and I feel absolutely no mercy for OSU. Sparty is trying to break in a new offense this year. Mechicken is limited by their farce of a QB. NW still hasn't learned to close out games. Penn St. is trying to remain respectable in the wake of Pedogate.

It's a down year, but we're nowhere near MAC level...

Big 10 is no where near the level of the SEC. Sure. Who is? But this conference is a lot more balanced than your PAC and Big 12's. This conference spends so much time beating up on each other, that it's why we're going to have a conference championship game with teams outside the top ten with multiple losses. Sure this year has seen some bad out of conference losses, but conference like the Pac 12 and Big 12 have a couple of elite/very good teams but the rest are no better than the Big 10's mid-of-road teams.

I guess I just think that the other AQ conferences are top heavy with 1-2 elite teams and bunch of mediocres while the Big 10 is a bit more balanced with a bunch of "good" teams.

Really? I most humbly-disagree. Let's take a look at the top 10 AP ranked teams:

1 Alabama

I agree-no one can beat them this year

2 Oregon Oregon would also be a loss 3 Kansas State

KState: They're playing well but we could give them a game

4 Notre Dame I think we could hold our own against ND 5 Ohio State Would love to play these guys again! 5 Georgia Could give them a pretty good game 7 Florida

They almost lost to Missouri! We could beat them!

8 Florida State We could give them a decent game 9 LSU

I think this would be hard. I also think they are under ranked. They almost beat Alabama last night.

I think we could beat Clemson

10 Clemson

JMO :)

Big 10 is no where near the level of the SEC. Sure. Who is? But this conference is a lot more balanced than your PAC and Big 12's. This conference spends so much time beating up on each other, that it's why we're going to have a conference championship game with teams outside the top ten with multiple losses. Sure this year has seen some bad out of conference losses, but conference like the Pac 12 and Big 12 have a couple of elite/very good teams but the rest are no better than the Big 10's mid-of-road teams.

I guess I just think that the other AQ conferences are top heavy with 1-2 elite teams and bunch of mediocres while the Big 10 is a bit more balanced with a bunch of "good" teams.

Not sure what you're seeing...

There isn't a quality defense in this conference. There isn't even a lot of talent on the defensive side right now.

There isn't a quality defense in this conference. There isn't even a lot of talent on the defensive side right now.

i would say that MSU does have a quality defense.

They have a quality scheme much more than talent. Are they talented? yes. But if it wasn't a Dantonio/Narduzzi style defense then they wouldn't be having the same success.

All the same, who else has a good defense?

i would say that MSU does have a quality defense.

They have a quality scheme much more than talent. Are they talented? yes. But if it wasn't a Dantonio/Narduzzi style defense then they wouldn't be having the same success.

All the same, who else has a good defense?

Iowa........................................ :mellow::huh::P:D:lol::laughpound