Poll is Out

We would get killed against K-State. Turnovers and pentalies would have to be nil. On top of that the reason teams don't run on KSU is because they are very good against it and teams are playing from behind against them. They score a lot of points and they don't give up many points. Oklahoma State scored the most on them then anyone and they came in with the #1 offense in the Big XII.

It isn't to say we wouldn't have a chance but I would assume every school comes into the game thinking KSU isn't as good as they are. Then they get slapped with a cruel reality.

Because they play in a conference that doesnt play defense, and they attempt to play some of their own. This is why teams are always catching up. Good grief why cant any of you see this? Even Beanman, whom I am agreeing to disagree with, admitted we would be a top 5 team if we could can the mistakes. I even said, yes, the way we have been playing, Kansas St would beat us. But if we played mistake free ball, or as sound as them, we run them out of the stadium. I'm sorry. kansas St does not deserve a chance at a national title. They would have no chance against Bama or Oregon. The only way they deserve it is if one of them goes down before then. Kansas St's style has made them very beneficial in the conference they play in. Again, the only other team in that conference that plays respectable defense-Oklahoma-shouldve beat them. They didnt because OU made a boatload of mistakes. Kansas St is a very solid football team. Snyder is mind boggling. They are not legitimately top 5 in my mind.

Good post Accountability. I agree with a lot of what you said. I just seem to remember a Freshman QB running all over KSU in 2010. I also don't believe that the talent gap between NU and KSU has closed in the slightest. KSU is basically what Iowa was between 2000 and 2010. Every so often they will put the right combination of kids together, win a game they shouldn't and be in the hunt for a BCS bowl game only to go 7 and 4 the next year because no recruiting momentum was buit and maintained.

We would thrash KSU worse than we did in their house before we had a QB that could throw.

OU is weak defensively this year, Texas is in shambles and the rest of the conference doesn't understand the concept of defense - The conference ran off all the teams that know what that word means.

What makes the Big 12 look strong this year is their inflated records due to absolutely pathetic OOC scheduling. As a conference they had games against 2 legit teams (OU vs. Notre Dame and OSU vs. Arizona - and they got blown out in both) Besides those two games they played 4 average teams in Miami, Virginia, Maryland and Iowa (they won 3 of 4, including ISU beating a horrible Iowa team 9-6) That's it, the rest of their conference ooc is all cupcakes.

The Big Ten didn't do particularly well in the OOC but we actually played a over a dozen real teams. The Big Ten is down but the Big 12 is a mirrage.

If Nebraska wins out they will see the top ten. it will be a paper ranking,but they will be there.

Every ranking in the history of college football is a paper ranking. Ours is no less legitimate than any other.

One could argue that the #1 team after winning the National Championship has a bit more than a paper ranking.

If Nebraska wins out they will see the top ten. it will be a paper ranking,but they will be there.

Every ranking in the history of college football is a paper ranking. Ours is no less legitimate than any other.

One could argue that the #1 team after winning the National Championship has a bit more than a paper ranking.

You mean the one that they shouldn't have been in to begin with?

You mean the one that they shouldn't have been in to begin with?

What?

dog1.jpg

Out of the Undefeated teams I think K-State would be a good matchup for us. K-State has a good running game and a smart QB, but Klien is not very fast just knows when to go and when not to. As far as their Defense well we went against some of the best defenses in the nation, especially running D. I also think ND would be a good matchup for us. They would be tougher than Kstate but I think we could pull out a close one as long as we play clean ball or even cut the mistakes, TO's, and penalties in half. Oregan, and Bama would kill us I think. I just don't think we could keep up with a team like Oregan. And, just like anyone else I don't think we could move the ball on BAMA. I guess that's why we ware 16th and not in the top 5-7 (beside our losses lol)

Paper ranking? With a Big 10 championship and a Rose Bowl win over a legitimate opponent? How would that be a paper ranking. That would be 8 wins in a row. And IF that happens, the team will have made some serios and drastic improvements in multiple phases. If we win out, and top 10 ranking would be very legit.

Yeah a rose bowl win against a lower or even unranked team. Take a look at the top 25 and show me how Nebraska could even play with any of the top ten teams. it will be a false hope. The big ten is = to mac this year. Next year will have top 15 starting off again.

Really? I most humbly-disagree. Let's take a look at the top 10 AP ranked teams:

1 Alabama

I agree-no one can beat them this year

2 Oregon Oregon would also be a loss 3 Kansas State

KState: They're playing well but we could give them a game

4 Notre Dame I think we could hold our own against ND 5 Ohio State Would love to play these guys again! 5 Georgia Could give them a pretty good game 7 Florida

They almost lost to Missouri! We could beat them!

8 Florida State We could give them a decent game 9 LSU

I think this would be hard. I also think they are under ranked. They almost beat Alabama last night.

I think we could beat Clemson

10 Clemson

JMO :)

Bring it. Better be ready to score some points, though.