Week 10 ESPN Bowl Projections...

Hmmm.....The Rose Bowl passed up USC vs UGA in 2007 for USC vs Illinois.

Take it to the bank. Oregon State if they are available.

You probably have more knowledge of me than the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl committee.

Still, passing up a Georgia team that had two losses in their own division is a little different than passing on an undefeated Notre Dame.

two loss UGA and undefeated ND ARE two different things. With the Rose Bowl Committee it will be the same result though

AT&T Cotton: (Big 12 vs. SEC) Texas vs. Texas A&M

Another reason I think the Rose Bowl will eschew Oregon State for Oklahoma (provided Oregon wins out). No way the Rose Bowl wants to be shown up by the Cotton...and to hear some of the die-hard B1G/Pac-12 fans talk about it, the Rose Bowl tradition is already in the toilet if Nebraska makes it there.

And let's be honest, no one wants to see an Oregon State/Nebraska matchup, assuming Oregon State is still available. Oklahoma/Nebraska would get everyone's attention, and certainly just as much, if not more, eyeballs and butts in front of TVs than a Texass/aTm grudge match.

I would still like to see us get a shot at an undefeated Notre Dame squad or revenge our last Big XII game with Oklahoma.

Agreed. And more importantly, more of America likely would as well. :)

Umm, who exactly are these folks and where do they get off? If NU wins the conference they they obviously deserve the spot. If other teams fans can't accept that then I'm sure the U of Chicago is available to rejoin the league. Maybe then a "real" B1G team would have a shot at playing for the Roses. <_<

Something tells me we are going to see UCLA again in the Rose Bowl. They are leading their division and playing some really good football right now. Oregon State has to play Stanford, Cal and Oregon still which may give UCLA a chance to pass them in the Pac 12 rankings.

So like the Washington bowl game, but the roles are reversed?

:facepalm:

Not for you R06ue1, but for the Rose Bowl committee if they pull this s**t.

AT&T Cotton: (Big 12 vs. SEC) Texas vs. Texas A&M

Another reason I think the Rose Bowl will eschew Oregon State for Oklahoma (provided Oregon wins out). No way the Rose Bowl wants to be shown up by the Cotton...and to hear some of the die-hard B1G/Pac-12 fans talk about it, the Rose Bowl tradition is already in the toilet if Nebraska makes it there.

And let's be honest, no one wants to see an Oregon State/Nebraska matchup, assuming Oregon State is still available. Oklahoma/Nebraska would get everyone's attention, and certainly just as much, if not more, eyeballs and butts in front of TVs than a Texass/aTm grudge match.

I would still like to see us get a shot at an undefeated Notre Dame squad or revenge our last Big XII game with Oklahoma.

Agreed. And more importantly, more of America likely would as well. :)

Umm, who exactly are these folks and where do they get off? If NU wins the conference they they obviously deserve the spot. If other teams fans can't accept that then I'm sure the U of Chicago is available to rejoin the league. Maybe then a "real" B1G team would have a shot at playing for the Roses. <_<

I work with some B1G alumni--Michigan State, Michigan, tOSU, Penn State, and Illinois, off the top of my head--and they're less than thrilled that Nebraska is likely headed to the Rose Bowl.

Granted, they can't bring themselves to root for PSU (save for the alum), but they're actively hoping Minnesota and/or Iowa can upend us to spare them from such an 'atrocity'. <_<

It's probably just because we're so new and haven't paid our 'dues' yet...whatever those may be. They've been rather accommodating and supportive of our move otherwise.

I think it will be an at large if we make it. I don't see any other Pac 12 teams finishing in the top 14 in BCS. Oregon st. will lose to Oregon for sure, and maybe another game. UCLA will at least lose in the PAC 12 CG. And with how weak the Pac 12 is, I just don't see another team other than Oregon finishing in the BCS top 14.

I'm guessing that Oregon State is favorable for the Rose Bowl because it's easy for their fans to travel there, which means more $$$.

Whatever happens, I'll just be happy if Nebraska makes it to the Rose Bowl. Say what you want about it being a down year for the conference, it's a lot better than having a golden opportunity to represent the B1G in a BCS bowl game and pissing it down our legs.

I am a little disappointed if we end up playing Oregon State- but I would love to be in the Rose Bowl regardless.

I agree with this. I would love to play someone like an Oregon and see where we are at. Because we can all talk about where we all think we are in relation to programs like that whether you think we would win/lose/draw, but we wont know until we line it up.