Fans in Michigan are disappointing

Nebraska fans circa '09-'10 puts anything Michigan fans have been doing this season to shame. I highly suggest to leave it alone, stop trying to justify it and just be glad Nebraska was good enough to put themselves in a position to win the game and took advantage of mistakes by the opposition. Nothing is going to change their minds, but who cares. The record book says Nebraska 7-2 MSU 5-5.

BRING ON PENN ST!

Funny you should mention that... I was going to mention in my original post that I'd hate to see what MSU fans would do if presented with an Neb-A&M-esque performance by the refs. Were Nebraska fans whining in 09-10.. yes... but we were whining about 1) subjects that nearly destroyed B12 (and certainly reshaped the landscape of college football) 2) being subjected to an unprofessional incompetent buffoon of a commissioner. If Beebe had a shred of integrity, the whining would of been reduced. As it stood, it was unclear if Beebe would take time to arrange the reffing of the A&M game. I like to think no.. but that guy did some strange stuff that year.

We? Probably you. I wasn't whining. Any good team will overcome penalties, we simply beat our self in the TAMU game. We had opportunities to put points on the field, we didn't.

Let go of the past, it is almost 2013. Officiating didn't almost cost us the game against MSU. If you want to look at it that way, it also helped us win. The HUSKERS left a lot of points on the field, and the defense was non existent in the rush attack. We are to blame it was so close. They played dirty, but its not like we didn't have a player out there making us look like buffoons (Stafford). Flipping off the MSU sideline and grabbing his crotch towards the fans is not any better than their dirty tactics.

They aren't griping any more than we did after our Big XII Departure Tour '10. We got screwed and vented, they feel they got screwed and vented.... it's what football fans do. I see nothing wrong with their take on the game. Heck, we won the game and we've got threads here bitching about the refs.

We? Probably you. I wasn't whining. Any good team will overcome penalties, we simply beat our self in the TAMU game. We had opportunities to put points on the field, we didn't.

That's my take exactly, well said.

Neither side should complain. At the tail end of the game on Saturday, the Spartans weren't able to convert 1st downs to save their lives, forcing themselves to punt and put the ball back into Taylor's hands. If they did their job, they win. They didn't. They lost.

You kids do realize that you have your own message boards where you can have your pissing matches right? Not every thread with Michigan or Ohio ties here on the HB has too devolve into these pissing matches.

I know its a big rivalry. We all do.

But i think i speak for many when we say that we just don't care.

Honestly, I'd rather see Michigan and Ohio State fans argue than have to sit through another Oklahoma/Texas pissing contest. At least the Michigan and Ohio State fans have a shred of creativity.

You kids do realize that you have your own message boards where you can have your pissing matches right? Not every thread with Michigan or Ohio ties here on the HB has too devolve into these pissing matches.

I know its a big rivalry. We all do.

But i think i speak for many when we say that we just don't care.

Honestly, I'd rather see Michigan and Ohio State fans argue than have to sit through another Oklahoma/Texas pissing contest. At least the Michigan and Ohio State fans have a shred of creativity.

I'm not sure there is much difference. I like their contributions. just not this one all the time on the site i come too for Nebraska football perspective.

Nebraska fans circa '09-'10 puts anything Michigan fans have been doing this season to shame. I highly suggest to leave it alone, stop trying to justify it and just be glad Nebraska was good enough to put themselves in a position to win the game and took advantage of mistakes by the opposition. Nothing is going to change their minds, but who cares. The record book says Nebraska 7-2 MSU 5-5.

BRING ON PENN ST!

Funny you should mention that... I was going to mention in my original post that I'd hate to see what MSU fans would do if presented with an Neb-A&M-esque performance by the refs. Were Nebraska fans whining in 09-10.. yes... but we were whining about 1) subjects that nearly destroyed B12 (and certainly reshaped the landscape of college football) 2) being subjected to an unprofessional incompetent buffoon of a commissioner. If Beebe had a shred of integrity, the whining would of been reduced. As it stood, it was unclear if Beebe would take time to arrange the reffing of the A&M game. I like to think no.. but that guy did some strange stuff that year.

I think this is just going to be a Husker fans M.O. from here on out. During the twilight of the B-12 it was Dan-o and Texas screwing us with bad calls, because NU was leaving. I remember comments about how nice it will be in the B1G because the Refs there are smart, well trained, and dont have it in for NU, the vast conspiracy that only seems to exist in Husker fans minds. Heck I bet Beebs went back in time and bribed the Refs at the PSU game to make the L shaped field call. Yeah had to, its all coming together now.

After the MSU game I went to a birthday party and the first five people I talked to said "There were a lot of bad calls against us", I responded with "I'm sure you're OK with the questionable PI that gave us a fresh set of downs?"

I'm sick of this mind set. The B-12 didn't have it in for us. The B1G refs are talented, and are way better at reffing a game than any on this board. They are human, some day are better than others, and lets face it, this team makes a lot of mistakes, and we get called for it.

I have to say, all the whining going on up in Michigan these days is really disappointing. Michigan's argument about how they would of won if Dennard wasn't injured is akin to a junk bond investor bragging about beating the average if his chips all fall right. Guess what, you had four years to build up a team around Dennard, but you didn't.. the only one to blame is themselves.

With Michigan State.. wow.. cherry picking bad penalties as a justification for why you should of won is just ridiculous. Guess what, hitting a defenseless offensive player on an interception is against the rules.. in fact, the rule is called the Sapp rule in the NFL. Even if we getting rid of penalties in the game and giving them points, by my estimates, we still win by a point (or if we go to overtime, by more). For example, taking 4 off of MSU's score to counter the late hit penalty, but adding the 7 for the pick 6 still leaves them in the hole by a point. GET OVER IT.. babies.

While I'm at it.. Nebraska would of crushed Michigan in 97.

That is all.

Surprised (unless i am blind and didn't see it) there was no mention of the "late" hit on the Mich St QB on their last scoring drive. That drive should of ended with a field goal attempt not a TD due to the bad call against Nebraska. Nothing Stafford could of done when pushed into the QB as he is going out of bounce by a Mich St wide out. I don't mind poor officiating, just as long as it is consistently poor for both teams and it was for this game. Mich St players, coaches and fans should stick their heads back in the sand and get over it.

I have to say, all the whining going on up in Michigan these days is really disappointing. Michigan's argument about how they would of won if Dennard wasn't injured is akin to a junk bond investor bragging about beating the average if his chips all fall right. Guess what, you had four years to build up a team around Dennard, but you didn't.. the only one to blame is themselves.

With Michigan State.. wow.. cherry picking bad penalties as a justification for why you should of won is just ridiculous. Guess what, hitting a defenseless offensive player on an interception is against the rules.. in fact, the rule is called the Sapp rule in the NFL. Even if we getting rid of penalties in the game and giving them points, by my estimates, we still win by a point (or if we go to overtime, by more). For example, taking 4 off of MSU's score to counter the late hit penalty, but adding the 7 for the pick 6 still leaves them in the hole by a point. GET OVER IT.. babies.

While I'm at it.. Nebraska would of crushed Michigan in 97.

That is all.

Surprised (unless i am blind and didn't see it) there was no mention of the "late" hit on the Mich St QB on their last scoring drive. That drive should of ended with a field goal attempt not a TD due to the bad call against Nebraska. Nothing Stafford could of done when pushed into the QB as he is going out of bounce by a Mich St wide out. I don't mind poor officiating, just as long as it is consistently poor for both teams and it was for this game. Mich St players, coaches and fans should stick their heads back in the sand and get over it.

I pointed that out in one of the other 15 threads that are related to officiating lol

I think people take the officiating way too far. Rarely should the ref's cost someone the game especially when considering subjective calls like PI, facemasking, defenseless player, etc. Five different officials could see the exact same play where three might call it one way and two the other or any number of combination. I'm not sure where the facemasking rules are these days. When I first started reffing, there was just one where it was 15 yards regardless of whether it was incidental or not. Then, they broke it down to two where one was 5 yards for incidental and the other was 15 for flagrant. Then, they took the five yarder away saying not to throw the flag on incidental. These are all subjective calls.

Ref's nowadays have to really worry about getting grilled by the conference and such for not throwing flags because of player safety. The biggest reason I haven't reffed a game in over a decade is because we were strongly encouraged back then to buy insurance for being sued because a player was severely injured back then on a completely legal hit. The family then tried to sue the ref's of that game. Player safety has taken a big toll on the game of football in my opinion. There's a lot of new penalties that have showed up in the past five years or so that I just don't agree with.

I'm probably one of the very few posters here who doesn't think we got screwed in the Big 12 Championship game against Texas. Other than isolated incidents like the one where CU got five downs against MIzzou, the refs seldom are a cause for a win or loss in a football game. While many thought we were getting screwed the last year or so in the Big 12, it kind of gets watered down now that we lead the B1G in penalties.

I think people take the officiating way too far. Rarely should the ref's cost someone the game especially when considering subjective calls like PI, facemasking, defenseless player, etc. Five different officials could see the exact same play where three might call it one way and two the other or any number of combination. I'm not sure where the facemasking rules are these days. When I first started reffing, there was just one where it was 15 yards regardless of whether it was incidental or not. Then, they broke it down to two where one was 5 yards for incidental and the other was 15 for flagrant. Then, they took the five yarder away saying not to throw the flag on incidental. These are all subjective calls.

Ref's nowadays have to really worry about getting grilled by the conference and such for not throwing flags because of player safety. The biggest reason I haven't reffed a game in over a decade is because we were strongly encouraged back then to buy insurance for being sued because a player was severely injured back then on a completely legal hit. The family then tried to sue the ref's of that game. Player safety has taken a big toll on the game of football in my opinion. There's a lot of new penalties that have showed up in the past five years or so that I just don't agree with.

I'm probably one of the very few posters here who doesn't think we got screwed in the Big 12 Championship game against Texas. Other than isolated incidents like the one where CU got five downs against MIzzou, the refs seldom are a cause for a win or loss in a football game. While many thought we were getting screwed the last year or so in the Big 12, it kind of gets watered down now that we lead the B1G in penalties.

I'm one as well. There was 1 second left. Whether or not they had the authority to put that second on, is a different story. Right thing was done. Shouldntve came to that to begin with.

I'm one as well. There was 1 second left. Whether or not they had the authority to put that second on, is a different story. Right thing was done. Shouldntve came to that to begin with.

As am I. The kick out of bounds cost us the game IMO.