A fan gives his review of Bo. Bo takes it well.

knapplc

Old guy calls in. Claims his wife has been in the medical field for 30+ years, dealing particularly with folks that have anger management issues. Proceeds to say that she can't even watch the games because of Bo's sideline behavior. Says that he is so out of touch and out of control of himself that he walks the line of anger to that of domestic abusers.

qnxatqwbi02k5pw17etgw2.jpg

I believe so much of it has to do with Bo’s facial expressions, which are genetic and out of his control for the most part.

i agree with everything you said here, but really agree with this part. he just looks meaner than the average guy yelling. his mean face is so mean and ugly it is really incredible and just intensifies his expression.

I find it highly ironic when someone uses Nick Saban as a point of reference in defending Bo. Using the "at least Bo's not Nick Saban" really doesn't make Bo look any better.

I don't think anybody's saying that, per se. The point is that Pelini gets a lot of attention from the media for being a hothead, while guys like Saban and Muschamp, who aren't any better, don't. Maybe it's because Saban and Muschamp coach teams that are consistently top-ranked, who knows?

Look, this question was in somewhat poor taste. But honestly, there are a lot of NU fans that have found Bo's behavior boorish.

I think Bo has worked on his demeanor.

The point of inquiry that the team is a reflection of the coach is valid. Bo's teams have remained undisciplined and up and down. If and when Bo is able to solve some of those little things will determine whether he can win championships or not.

As far as I can tell, people are addressing the poor taste of what the caller said moreso than the point he was actually trying to make. I totally understand that not everybody thinks Bo's fiery nature translates well when the refs or a player who makes a mistake are on the business end of it, but insinuating that he's a poor representative of this state and that nobody wants to play football for a coach like that as if it's not simply a personal opinion is arrogant, rude, and totally unnecessary.

This is as good as place as any to put this. Listening to Sports nightly last night. Obviously the topic is the issue of Bo and the troll. Old guy calls in. Claims his wife has been in the medical field for 30+ years, dealing particularly with folks that have anger management issues. Proceeds to say that she can't even watch the games because of Bo's sideline behavior. Says that he is so out of touch and out of control of himself that he walks the line of anger to that of domestic abusers. You could imagine that set Culhain off. Calls the guy out for accusing Bo of domestic violence. I didnt quite take it that bad, but what pissed me of was, I dont care how smart your wife is, she is in no position whatsoever to judge anyone's character based on their actions during a 3 hour football game. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

That sounds like skersfan

Here's what I was looking for: http://www.huskerboa...post__p__904169

I think most have been offended by it since the first VaTech game. Most that are truly upset about it, are not concerned about his win loss record. I have played sports, I have coached some very talented athletes and have gotten on their asses at times. I can deal with it, I look at some of it as embarassing, but I also see he has made a great attempt to clean it up.

But again the thing is, he is the face of Nebraska football. Where we claim to be a little better than other fans, more down to earth, good guys so to speak. Bo needs to do better in that respect I think. I have been a die hard Husker fan for all of my life, my wife since we married in 1968. She absolutely hates Bo. Says he is an embarssment to the program. Will not send money to the program, actually did not want to go to the bowl game this year. She feels he needs to go, the sooner the better. My wife is a very level headed woman, more patience than most people, put up with me for 43 years, so she can deal with a lot of crap. She feels he has no place around kids, he is out of control, and sooner or later he is going to hit a player or a ref. She guarantees it will happen. She is a nurse, trained in abbusive relationship therapy. She feels he is so over the top that his temper has affected the team, the reason for the out of control play, the pentalties. She states she would not allow our son to play for him under any circumstance.

That is from a pretty loyal Nebraska fan that has been very close to the program for many years.

I support Bo, but I to think he is close to losing it at times. I hope not.

But I do disagree with the video of Saben being anywhere close to Bo's antics at the ATM game. That was rock bottom and my guess is if it ever happens again he will be gone. By the next day.

This is as good as place as any to put this. Listening to Sports nightly last night. Obviously the topic is the issue of Bo and the troll. Old guy calls in. Claims his wife has been in the medical field for 30+ years, dealing particularly with folks that have anger management issues. Proceeds to say that she can't even watch the games because of Bo's sideline behavior. Says that he is so out of touch and out of control of himself that he walks the line of anger to that of domestic abusers. You could imagine that set Culhain off. Calls the guy out for accusing Bo of domestic violence. I didnt quite take it that bad, but what pissed me of was, I dont care how smart your wife is, she is in no position whatsoever to judge anyone's character based on their actions during a 3 hour football game. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

That sounds like skersfan

Here's what I was looking for: http://www.huskerboa...post__p__904169

I think most have been offended by it since the first VaTech game. Most that are truly upset about it, are not concerned about his win loss record. I have played sports, I have coached some very talented athletes and have gotten on their asses at times. I can deal with it, I look at some of it as embarassing, but I also see he has made a great attempt to clean it up.

But again the thing is, he is the face of Nebraska football. Where we claim to be a little better than other fans, more down to earth, good guys so to speak. Bo needs to do better in that respect I think. I have been a die hard Husker fan for all of my life, my wife since we married in 1968. She absolutely hates Bo. Says he is an embarssment to the program. Will not send money to the program, actually did not want to go to the bowl game this year. She feels he needs to go, the sooner the better. My wife is a very level headed woman, more patience than most people, put up with me for 43 years, so she can deal with a lot of crap. She feels he has no place around kids, he is out of control, and sooner or later he is going to hit a player or a ref. She guarantees it will happen. She is a nurse, trained in abbusive relationship therapy. She feels he is so over the top that his temper has affected the team, the reason for the out of control play, the pentalties. She states she would not allow our son to play for him under any circumstance.

That is from a pretty loyal Nebraska fan that has been very close to the program for many years.

I support Bo, but I to think he is close to losing it at times. I hope not.

But I do disagree with the video of Saben being anywhere close to Bo's antics at the ATM game. That was rock bottom and my guess is if it ever happens again he will be gone. By the next day.

I would bet the farm that it is him. He even said on the radio that he was been watching football since he was 3, and that he's close to 70 now. Well, being married 43 years would put his marriage age in the mid 20's .

The bold is quite hilarious. Wonder if he ever watches Bo interact with his kids and family and even Jack Hoffman for that matter after the game. Yep, Bo's a domestic abuser alright. :rolleyes:

Bo is probably as much if not more of a family oriented guy than every single poster on this board. As if his actions are not enough evidence of this, I've heard it from some former players, as well as people who have dealt with him outside of football. Just because you are passionate and extremely emotional about what you do does not make you a "violent" person. I am very outspoken, loud, tempremental, passionate and emotional about my hobbies, but everyone who knows me can attest that my family comes first too. I dont go home from losing a derby to beat on my kids, which is basically what this caller was implying what happens with Bo. Sickening.

Is this a national radio show bc skersfan lives in Cali I believe? If it is a Nebraska based program, it probably was not him.

It is a Nebraska show, but it is listened and called in to by fans from all over the country some how or other. There are always multiple calls into Big Red Reaction and Sports Nightly from folks from all over the place.

Probably was not him. I understand the chances are slim. However, I couldnt help but point out the glaring coincidental similarities of the caller's comments to that post.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/928/1323462.mp3

Isn't Bo's response here a refutation of this guy's point? Bo has gone ballistic in the past, sure. But over the last couple of years, anyone thinking Bo is worse than any other coach out there simply doesn't watch much college football. Nick Saban, Will Muschamp, Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly... the list is long.

Read your post and nothing else in this thread...

That being said...

When Saban, Kelley, Miles, Stoops, et al does something like yell and scream at officials then obviously it is justified and warranted.

But...when Bo does it...well then that is completely unacceptable.

You guys know I take credit when it is due. I did not make the call, but he said and feels like a lot of people. I have not heard the call, but from comments made here, it pretty well outlines my wife's opinion of him.

I have said many times he is making improvements, unfortunately I think it is more out of direction, than his feeling it is needed.

My wife does not like him in any way. Very intelligent woman, Director of Nursing at a small hospital in California. She is trained in anger management, mental disorders, abusive actions and a host of other things related.

We are privy to some information about him that most are not, nothing terribly negative, just things that set her off from the first day he was hired. Neither of us wanted him hired for any reason, from things that happened after Solich was fired. She feels he is total embarsment to the program and the university. There are many that feel that way.

I have a Sierra dually with Huskers accross the back window. I run into Nebraska fans nearly every single day. Bo's popularity is undying by some and the dislike by others will never change.

He has done a better job than I expected and have said so many times. I do believe he has made huge strides in his sideline actions. I did up until the last few weeks feel he was a bully. That the kids did not like him or respect him. After the last three nail biters, I think they play for him with all their might. I have said many times I do not want him fired, not because I think he is doing a great job, but for the consequences that follow. He has to succeed, or this program will never recover from his firing.

He is not a head coach, only in name. His actions are that of a beginner, learning as he goes. He is a smart man, and I think he is going to make it, but I feel he will always be polarizing, no matter the wins or losses. For some of us it is not about the wins and losses, it is how the game is played, the actions of the kids on the field and their coach. He has a ways to go. But as I have stated many times I do see progress.

• Fire 1

You guys know I take credit when it is due. I did not make the call, but he said and feels like a lot of people. I have not heard the call, but from comments made here, it pretty well outlines my wife's opinion of him.

I have said many times he is making improvements, unfortunately I think it is more out of direction, than his feeling it is needed.

My wife does not like him in any way. Very intelligent woman, Director of Nursing at a small hospital in California. She is trained in anger management, mental disorders, abusive actions and a host of other things related.

We are privy to some information about him that most are not, nothing terribly negative, just things that set her off from the first day he was hired. Neither of us wanted him hired for any reason, from things that happened after Solich was fired. She feels he is total embarsment to the program and the university. There are many that feel that way.

I have a Sierra dually with Huskers accross the back window. I run into Nebraska fans nearly every single day. Bo's popularity is undying by some and the dislike by others will never change.

He has done a better job than I expected and have said so many times. I do believe he has made huge strides in his sideline actions. I did up until the last few weeks feel he was a bully. That the kids did not like him or respect him. After the last three nail biters, I think they play for him with all their might. I have said many times I do not want him fired, not because I think he is doing a great job, but for the consequences that follow. He has to succeed, or this program will never recover from his firing.

He is not a head coach, only in name. His actions are that of a beginner, learning as he goes. He is a smart man, and I think he is going to make it, but I feel he will always be polarizing, no matter the wins or losses. For some of us it is not about the wins and losses, it is how the game is played, the actions of the kids on the field and their coach. He has a ways to go. But as I have stated many times I do see progress.

I said this earlier in this post, get used to it.

This IS Nebraska football now. We will NEVER have another Tom Osbourne on the sidelines. The way Bo acts on the sidlines is no different than 50% of football coaches. So what if he yells and screams. He does it when it is needed. He isn't like that from start to finish. I don't care what other fans think, they can kiss my Husker arse for all I care.

This is D1 football for christ's sake. Hell there are baseball coaches out there that act worse.

Tell me this, is he supposed to ignore the fact a kid messes up? Should he ignore it when a ref makes a crappy call? I think not.

The caller was a whiner, but I don't know how you can dispute one single point. Bo's reputation for verbally abusing the officials costs the Huskers penalty yardage in nearly every game. Whether consciously, like the penalty against the bench, or subconsciously, I think refs don't like Bo Pelini, and so he does himself, and thus the Huskers, no favors when it comes to penalty yards in a game.