Secondary Logos

The institution that pays me just did something similar. They decided their simple logo needed updating (read: they want to sell more apparel).

What they did was opt to take the mascot, and sorta make it an anime cartoon thing with really "mean" looking eyes. Ooooh, scary.

I was not impressed. When I mentioned this to someone on the design team, I discovered he created it. Ooops.

• 3 years later...

From Huskers.com http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210723923

Nebraska Athletics is announcing a restored secondary brand mark to complement the iconic N - the script Huskers, reminiscent of Nebraska football's glory days in the mid-1990's when Tom Osborne-coached teams won 60 of 63 games and claimed three national championships in a five-year span.

The Script "Huskers" Secondary Logo is back!

bdc3d53d723156ff918f47fa801c4aa6.gifu0h7outv9q33soxfv5dqgg2hi.gif

The Athletic Department is ditching this secondary logo which they unveiled several years ago:

76630022013.gif4by617r7oi5m1jj3doib.gif

Lonna Kliment, who is the director of Nebraska Athletics' licensing and branding said they are replacing this logo because of how it resembled Mississippi State's logo. (See Above). Needless to say, the team that worked on replacing this logo to bring back the iconic script Huskers logo is excited about the change.

"The traditional script Huskers was a winner for several reasons," Kliment said. "It represents the emotion from one of college football's greatest runs and all the excitement that goes with that. We wanted a simple iconic word mark that ties directly to what we've been trying to do here all along - honor the past and embrace the future in a progressive, unified way."

• Fire 2

I wasn't a big fan of the script Huskers, but it is way better than the new one that has been scrapped.

I am liking the script Huskers on the basketball uni's this year, so maybe it's a bit of nostalgia that I like.

I still don't like the new Herbie. Give me the old, fat, blonde Herbie in the overalls.

I would be very disappointed if "cream" isn't considered a school color anymore. It's always been scarlet and cream to me, damnit!!!