Shawn Watson's Possible HC Auburn

If This is in the wrong section, I apologize, thought relevant because of Husker Nations love for Shawn.

Though the final decision on Chizik has not been made, the report states Gogue intends to form a committee to help with the search for Chizik's replacement, a search that could begin “within days after the end of the season should the decision be made that Chizik will not be retained.”

The only potential candidate named by the sources was (somewhat surprisingly) Louisville offensive coordinator Shawn Watson.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20890280/

No way in Hell Watson gets the Auburn job. If they don't make a splash hire, they ought to just kiss their football team goodbye.

Plus, why hire Watson when they could bring back Malzahn? He's already been around the program, and he is 100000000 times the offensive mind that Watson is. Malzahn is the man!

No way in Hell Watson gets the Auburn job. If they don't make a splash hire, they ought to just kiss their football team goodbye.

Plus, why hire Watson when they could bring back Malzahn? He's already been around the program, and he is 100000000 times the offensive mind that Watson is. Malzahn is the man!

Malzahn wants to stay in Arkansas, and he will. Won't be surprised to see him in Fayetteville next year.

• Fire 1

I've seen it theorized, and it seems plausible, that this is either a smokescreen or an attempt to show they mean business about replacing their head coach.

I would argue that by throwing out Watson, they are actually showing that they DON'T mean business about changing coaches. It would be like saying that the Huskers are considering the O'Shea brothers to be co-Head Coaches.

Shawn Watson is a good coach, and is a very good OC. His style simply didn't fit Nebraska. You can't go to any school and change things and expect them to work. With him being in the SEC, he will be able to recruit the kids he needs to have a fast, challenged offense. It would be a good thing for Auburn. Reason most of you guys dislike Watson, is because he didn't do a good job here, and I don't blame you. I disliked him and Callahan for changing what has worked for us, for many years. Again, his offense didn't suite Nebraska and its style, too complicated, that's why it failed.

• Fire 2