Shawn Watson's Possible HC Auburn

Funny how his offense failed at Nebraska, but works very well at Louisville. Maybe, just maybe, there is another reason. Everyone needs to think about this before running Beck out of town.

No, his offense has always worked well against Sh*tty teams. That pretty well explains Louisville and their success this year. If Auburn was dumb enough to hire Chizek (mispelled but don't care) I wouldn't put anything past them.

• Fire 1

Shawn Watson is a good coach, and is a very good OC. His style simply didn't fit Nebraska. You can't go to any school and change things and expect them to work. With him being in the SEC, he will be able to recruit the kids he needs to have a fast, challenged offense. It would be a good thing for Auburn. Reason most of you guys dislike Watson, is because he didn't do a good job here, and I don't blame you. I disliked him and Callahan for changing what has worked for us, for many years. Again, his offense didn't suite Nebraska and its style, too complicated, that's why it failed.

I agree. Watson is very good coach when it comes to his system with his type of players. And like you said, his philosophies did not match those of Pelini or the type of players Pelini wants to bring in.

Watson did not come here with Callahan. Watson was only here for one year with Callahan-2007. Jay Norvelle was Bill's OC for the first 3 years, who is now Co-OC (i believe) at Oklahoma. Even if that, at that point in 2007, Watson my have been just a glorified figurehead, for Callahan was the real genius behind his system.

Funny how his offense failed at Nebraska, but works very well at Louisville. Maybe, just maybe, there is another reason. Everyone needs to think about this before running Beck out of town.

Bridgewater is really good, no doubt!

But, I wonder what the best defenses are that they have played this year

No, his offense has always worked well against Sh*tty teams. That pretty well explains Louisville and their success this year. If Auburn was dumb enough to hire Chizek (mispelled but don't care) I wouldn't put anything past them.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You guys do know that he was wanted by Coach Osborne. He was the supposed deal breaker on getting Grobe here. Tom wanted him here, the only one he demanded. He may be better than given credit for, who knows, but my guess is Tom saw something that made him feel we needed him.

Unfortunately he will not get the job. They will not hire someone with out head coaching experience, a proven head coach. But I do not think Chizik is gone just yet, two years removed from a MNC. A lot of the senior and juniors left due to clash with coach, leaving no leadership. Some ended up in jail others had injuries. I think he gets another year.

You guys do know that he was wanted by Coach Osborne. He was the supposed deal breaker on getting Grobe here. Tom wanted him here, the only one he demanded. He may be better than given credit for, who knows, but my guess is Tom saw something that made him feel we needed him.

Or maybe he just wanted to help keep some recruits and not start back at square one that late in the process...

I really think that while Wats was here, Bo should have just been more hands off and let him do his thing. He's a good coach and it didn't help to require certain elements be in the offense. On the other hand, we are building a pretty special team on that side of the ball under Beck. He's getting better as he learns on the job and really more on the same page with Bo as far as what he wants and what he's personally suited for.

Watson's biggest problem while being here was being handed extremely raw QBs and told to mold them into something. Cody Green was really raw as was Martinez. It was hard to run an offense with these raw recruits. Of guys getting to play, Martinez is really the only QB recruited in the Pelini era that has turned into something. The credit for Martinez's improvement more than likely goes to a trainer/coach that isn't even associated with the Nebraska program. Cody Green transferred, Turner converted to WR, and now Carnes has done the same. Watson just really never had some of the key pieces to be successful here.