Are we having fun yet?

Yes, we all know there are problems with this team, and many of you spell them out every single week like beating a dead horse....but the Huskers provide the best 3 1/2 hours of entertainment every week. I can not remember a season where I've been on the edge of my seat every week, and every week it seems that the breaks come our way, our team rises to the occasion, and at the end of it.....I'm a little nauseous, fairly inebriated, and ecstatic.

I would like a perfectly played game like everyone else, but in the meantime I'll be perfectly content with exciting Wins. Getting through the last 5 games at 4-1 is fairly remarkable and being 8-2 when the big 10 did everything they could do to screw us on the schedule is fairly remarkable. Winning close games benefits the program so much. You know these kids know they are never out of a game. Being a lifelong Husker, living in Wisconsin, I've put up with plenty of crap from the locals. This year, regardless of warts, has been fun as heck and even though I think the Badgers are righting the ship, I can't wait to beat them again in Indy.

I hope alot of you are enjoying this too, instead of focusing on all of the negatives. If you do focus on the negatives, you might just miss a conference championship and rose bowl win.

ENJOY it, and GBR!!!

• Fire 1

I am having fun with this season. Glad the ball has bounced the Husker players ways. When it was 20-6 I was calm and figured They would come back. I really hope this keep me on the edge of my seat/shoot yourself in the foot mentality stops after this season. Nebraska is a pubic hair close to being 5-4 right now. But this is fun. Do I like it? NO! Will I take it? YES.

Yes, we all know there are problems with this team, and many of you spell them out every single week like beating a dead horse....but the Huskers provide the best 3 1/2 hours of entertainment every week. I can not remember a season where I've been on the edge of my seat every week, and every week it seems that the breaks come our way, our team rises to the occasion, and at the end of it.....I'm a little nauseous, fairly inebriated, and ecstatic.

I would like a perfectly played game like everyone else, but in the meantime I'll be perfectly content with exciting Wins. Getting through the last 5 games at 4-1 is fairly remarkable and being 8-2 when the big 10 did everything they could do to screw us on the schedule is fairly remarkable. Winning close games benefits the program so much. You know these kids know they are never out of a game. Being a lifelong Husker, living in Wisconsin, I've put up with plenty of crap from the locals. This year, regardless of warts, has been fun as heck and even though I think the Badgers are righting the ship, I can't wait to beat them again in Indy.

I hope alot of you are enjoying this too, instead of focusing on all of the negatives. If you do focus on the negatives, you might just miss a conference championship and rose bowl win.

ENJOY it, and GBR!!!

Spek. I'm having a great time this season, despite being transplanted out of Nebraska. I belong to a club named Idaho Huskers. Every week the members meet at Hooters to watch the game. A lot of people show up, and the passionate rooting is every bit as intense as in Nebraska. This week we hosted the local Penn State club. It was fun.

I do get annoyed by this team's dumb mistakes, but a win is a win is a win. That includes wins with mistakes and really ugly wins.

I've had a lot of fun this season because in the past when we shot ourselves in the foot and still had a chance to win, we couldn't close the deal. I truly think they are a very disciplined team just because they keep calm and don't totally implode and get blown out. That and you can't blame the coaches they have said many times they work on these things in practice and preach it but it continues. One thing I find funny is when a new guy shows up on defense fans harp on him for weeks and then all of a sudden he's making plays left and right. I think this is why we see Bo play experience over talent sometimes. We've seen that there are younger guys with more talent not playing right now on defense. What I'm hoping is that we have a more talented team coming up with a warrior like attitude. Sorry for going all over the place and covering several topics. lol

I don't know. 1995 was a lot more fun. I was only nervous once, for about 16 minutes, in any game that season. That was during the Fiesta Bowl against Florida, because I watched plenty of their games and they were good, and the pundits were mostly all in the Gators' corner.

Then the second quarter happened, and the party was back on. We were down 10-7 after the first quarter, and it was 35-10 at half.

Watched that game at the home of two Florida grads. Spent the first quarter, as I said, nervous. Spent all of halftime consoling them, telling them they "could still come back." Spent the second half secretly gleeful, and wondering how long after the game I should stay before leaving.

I don't know. 1995 was a lot more fun. I was only nervous once, for about 16 minutes, in any game that season. That was during the Fiesta Bowl against Florida, because I watched plenty of their games and they were good, and the pundits were mostly all in the Gators' corner.

Then the second quarter happened, and the party was back on. We were down 10-7 after the first quarter, and it was 35-10 at half.

Watched that game at the home of two Florida grads. Spent the first quarter, as I said, nervous. Spent all of halftime consoling them, telling them they "could still come back." Spent the second half secretly gleeful, and wondering how long after the game I should stay before leaving.

I will admit that I haven't been alive long enough to be able to appreciate a season full of blowout wins where we are obviously and absolutely the best team around. However, I really think that I would prefer to experience close, nailbiting, emotional battles to the final whistle that we lose than I would prefer to watch blowouts that we win. Only from an entertainment perspective, I mean.