Nebraska Opens Up 18.5 Point Favorite

Who ya got?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know what you are saying BigRedIowan ... however, I've seen quite a few bad Mizzou teams play the Huskers well over the past 30 years ... especially when we have had much more in talent. Mizzou always seemed to play us hard on their field and wanted to prove so much. With Iowa's season ... I see the same thing ... this is their game that redeems the whole year. On top of ... they will have a Husker team that rest assured ... will find a way to put the ball on the carpet, will find a way to give up an int ... will find a way to do all the things that raise the blood pressure of so many. Frankly, I'm not debating the point ... it's just my perception after watching another season, one of five, upon which when you think the Huskers of old might show up ... the Huskers of new show up. If I had seen a bit of discipline any part of this season ... if I had seen the mistakes that I'm told will be corrected be done ... I'd state it differently ... but to me it's just too perfect to see even the Iowa game be a barn burner full of all kinds of excitement. Who the hell knows what we will see come that day ... only heaven knows. It will be fun to watch ... and frustrating ... I believe. By the way, I'll be rooting for a blowout!

I think this weekend will determine how that game goes...............beat Michigan and it's gonna be interesting on some level, lose to Michigan and they're done. I've had two Hawkeye fans in the past two days offer to sell me their tickets and they're saying everyone else is doing the same. We have the opportunity to paint that stadium red and need to do it to basically embarass them in their own house. Their fans have lost all faith in this team and when that happens, the players are hearing it, feeling it, and just want the season to be over. Hell, Ferentz won't even put their back-up in to prepare for next season because he's loyal to a fault with his players. Vandenburg might possibly be the WORST QB in the B1G. I agree we'll probably put the ball on the carpet a few times as we've done it all season, but we would literally have to have another Iowa State turnover margin game for them to be in this game on any level. Even then, they probably couldn't translate those turnovers into points with their offense. Our secondary will not be challenged deep, their offensive coordinator has zero faith in their offense and doesn't seem to throw the ball over 10 yards in the past few games.

I am laughing hysterically reading this. I haven't watched them at all. I hate Iowa. I can't wait to paint the stadium red and embarrass them in Iowa City.

True freshman QB, and he is a statue. I will take Nebraska, I think we win by 3 touchdowns.

Hi guys, Gopher fan here. Wish I was heading to Lincoln this Saturday but I spent too much money going to Iowa and Madison earlier this year. I'll definitely make the trip in a couple years, Lincoln has always been a top destination for me. You guys have a great team this year and I LOVE that you're part of our league, it's a perfect fit.

So about the game. I give my squad very little chance and I think the spread is about right. We are a program heading in the right direction but let's face it, we're not ready for this type game on this type of stage. But the comment I quoted above makes no sense. Philip Nelson is the opposite of a statue, he's extremely mobile so Im curious as to how you came to that opinion. Anyway, good luck this weekend not that you'll need it. :)

I may have been born and raised in Iowa, but I cannot stand the Hawkeyes. Their team has looked absolutely terrible this season, and living with their fans as long as I did, I can honestly tell you that they think/thought they had the greatest team in the country, and were never realistic about their team. Let's knock off the Gophers first, though! I'll be watching from down here in south Louisiana. I look for Nebraska to win by at least three touchdowns, because they are long overdue for a strong and consistent performance from both sides of the ball. Go Big Red!

Who ya got and why?

I think we'll win. Probly be somewhere around the spread. Then again, we haven't exactly been great at running up the score on crap teams we're supposed to demolish.

/edit: I took Minny in this poll. Looking back at the contest thread I predicted NU 35, Minn 17. lol

Martinez is sick of it. Abdullah is sick of it. and most importantly... Bo Pelini is sick of it. We haven't had a comfortable win since that 73-7 blowout back in September. Say all you want about Michigan, but it's not the same thing. It's about time for our guys to cut the crap and play sound football against an inferior team. I think they get it done this week. Look for it all to come out. Skers 56 Phers 10
I'm with Mills on this one. I think we blow them out.

I agree we need to bring the gophers in and then hit 'em with a big 'ole beeeitch slap ............. Lets do it for Dr. Tom so he can sit back and think of the good ole days in his last home game in an official capacity..........

I know what you are saying BigRedIowan ... however, I've seen quite a few bad Mizzou teams play the Huskers well over the past 30 years ... especially when we have had much more in talent. Mizzou always seemed to play us hard on their field and wanted to prove so much. With Iowa's season ... I see the same thing ... this is their game that redeems the whole year. On top of ... they will have a Husker team that rest assured ... will find a way to put the ball on the carpet, will find a way to give up an int ... will find a way to do all the things that raise the blood pressure of so many. Frankly, I'm not debating the point ... it's just my perception after watching another season, one of five, upon which when you think the Huskers of old might show up ... the Huskers of new show up. If I had seen a bit of discipline any part of this season ... if I had seen the mistakes that I'm told will be corrected be done ... I'd state it differently ... but to me it's just too perfect to see even the Iowa game be a barn burner full of all kinds of excitement. Who the hell knows what we will see come that day ... only heaven knows. It will be fun to watch ... and frustrating ... I believe. By the way, I'll be rooting for a blowout!

I think this weekend will determine how that game goes...............beat Michigan and it's gonna be interesting on some level, lose to Michigan and they're done. I've had two Hawkeye fans in the past two days offer to sell me their tickets and they're saying everyone else is doing the same. We have the opportunity to paint that stadium red and need to do it to basically embarass them in their own house. Their fans have lost all faith in this team and when that happens, the players are hearing it, feeling it, and just want the season to be over. Hell, Ferentz won't even put their back-up in to prepare for next season because he's loyal to a fault with his players. Vandenburg might possibly be the WORST QB in the B1G. I agree we'll probably put the ball on the carpet a few times as we've done it all season, but we would literally have to have another Iowa State turnover margin game for them to be in this game on any level. Even then, they probably couldn't translate those turnovers into points with their offense. Our secondary will not be challenged deep, their offensive coordinator has zero faith in their offense and doesn't seem to throw the ball over 10 yards in the past few games.

BIGREDIOWAN, if you come across anyone selling tickets cheaper than 130/ticket, let me know. I have been looking for some, but refuse to spend that much. Iowa City is only 2 hrs from me lol.

Will do, I live in Norwalk which is just over by the airport if you're familiar with it? My neighbor across the street has season tickets to Iowa. I'll ask him what he wants for them and let you know next time I see him.

True freshman QB, and he is a statue. I will take Nebraska, I think we win by 3 touchdowns.

Hi guys, Gopher fan here. Wish I was heading to Lincoln this Saturday but I spent too much money going to Iowa and Madison earlier this year. I'll definitely make the trip in a couple years, Lincoln has always been a top destination for me. You guys have a great team this year and I LOVE that you're part of our league, it's a perfect fit.

So about the game. I give my squad very little chance and I think the spread is about right. We are a program heading in the right direction but let's face it, we're not ready for this type game on this type of stage. But the comment I quoted above makes no sense. Philip Nelson is the opposite of a statue, he's extremely mobile so Im curious as to how you came to that opinion. Anyway, good luck this weekend not that you'll need it. :)

Welcome to the board and after the game please stick around and give us your outside perspective on things. We tend to wear the scarlet colored glasses and lose perspective sometimes. We historically haven't done well against mobile QB's so he might have a big day. Just depends on what defense shows up for us or when they decide to adjust. We aren't very good against the run, but as far as the pass goes we play that pretty well. Don't give up on your team, anything is possible and that's why we play the game.

:/

I'm a Gophers fan, but I predicted Nebraska by 17 at www.gopherhole.com, so I'm not a homer. But I'm puzzled by this. Our true freshman QB isn't a statue - where did you get that idea? Nelson ran for 1200 yards and 20 TDs last year in high school, and he's run for 165 yards in four games as our starter.

Will do, I live in Norwalk which is just over by the airport if you're familiar with it? My neighbor across the street has season tickets to Iowa. I'll ask him what he wants for them and let you know next time I see him.

I know exactly where Norwalk is at. I live in West Des Moines. Airport off of Highway 28 right? Thanks by the way!

I know exactly where Norwalk is at. I live in West Des Moines. Airport off of Highway 28 right? Thanks by the way!

Yep, if I can get it squared away we can always meet up and I'll get you the tickets.

Yep, if I can get it squared away we can always meet up and I'll get you the tickets.

Sounds good!