ESPN says Big 10 trying to get Maryland and Rutgers

Under Armour CEO and Maryland alum Kevin Plank is cashing out $65 million of stock. Buyout fee from the ACC is $50 million

Coincidence? :dunno

he's paying a potential exit fee or has been tipped off his company is about to go under.

The latter of which I quite sure is ILLEGAL.......So really that leaves one option

I have read several articles that are very interesting. It could be Maryland and Rutgers are just pawn moves. The real goal would be to get to 16 teams. The 2 final teams they would want to get would be NC and ND. Having Maryland defect puts a tiny crack in the ACC conglomerate and would allow for an addition of NC more easily. ND than probably would cave as the loss of NC would be a huge blow. Adding Rutgers, Maryland and NC would really pump up the BTN viewership and recruiting areas.

Under Armour CEO and Maryland alum Kevin Plank is cashing out $65 million of stock. Buyout fee from the ACC is $50 million

he's paying a potential exit fee or has been tipped off his company is about to go under.

The latter of which I quite sure is ILLEGAL.......So really that leaves one option

If he owns and founded the company I doubt he'd need to be tipped off...

"Incompatible culturally" is such a vague term.

First off, Notre Dame is NOT a Midwestern school. They are located in Indiana but "culturally" they are not.

Second, I don't know if I have anything in common with people in Kansas. Does this mean they couldn't fit? of course not.

We probably should go with USF If we wanted to keep "culture" intact(People in Maryland talk like me, they don't in the Twin Cities btw) since Tampa is Midwestern culturally.

"Incompatible culturally" is such a vague term.

First off, Notre Dame is NOT a Midwestern school. They are located in Indiana but "culturally" they are not.

Second, I don't know if I have anything in common with people in Kansas. Does this mean they couldn't fit? of course not.

We probably should go with USF If we wanted to keep "culture" intact(People in Maryland talk like me, they don't in the Twin Cities btw) since Tampa is Midwestern culturally.

Tampa Midwestern? bahahaha

Or it's the regular quarterly he's been doing for at least the last two years.

http://biz.yahoo.com/t/09/6911.html

I'm okay with Rutgers, but what value does Maryland add to the B1G?... The goal should be to get teams that will bring power and money to the conference, and IMO, preference should be put toward football since it is the largest revenue-creating sport. Why not target some schools like OU, UT, VaTech, ND, etc.?

This move would blow my mind.

If this is a tactical manuever to expand to a 16 team conference, you can kiss the prospect of renewing NU-OU, NU-Texas, or NU-Missouri goodbye. With such a large conference our schedule will be more and more conference games, and that is going to crowd out any big out of conference rivalry games

Speaking of athletic companies, anyone else notice the two teams with the big "alums" who run Nike and Under Armor (Oregon and Maryland) also have the tackiest uniforms?

tacky isn't the word I was thinking.

terpunisx-large.jpg

An eyesore perhaps?

I have read several articles that are very interesting. It could be Maryland and Rutgers are just pawn moves. The real goal would be to get to 16 teams. The 2 final teams they would want to get would be NC and ND. Having Maryland defect puts a tiny crack in the ACC conglomerate and would allow for an addition of NC more easily. ND than probably would cave as the loss of NC would be a huge blow. Adding Rutgers, Maryland and NC would really pump up the BTN viewership and recruiting areas.

I think your the closest too get too the bottom of this. what you have reasoned seems too make the most sense. Especially sense Clemson and FSU are considering the SEC. The Big 10 may be playing a very complicated game of chess here.

Perhaps checkmate will be when Notre Dame finally has too go BIG?