Taylor Has Some Milestones Within Reach

Landlord

3,000 passing yards - Needs 580 more, averaging 220 per game. Assuming a championship game, will end the season with 3,080 yards based on season averages.

1,000 rushing yards - Needs 208 more, averaging 72 per game. Assuming a championship game, will end the season with 1,008 yards based on season averages.

In addition, he's in good shape to or has the possibility to beat out Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz in:

passing touchdowns in a season (26 and 25, respectively) while Taylor has 21 so far.

fewest interceptions (8 and 11, respectively) while Taylor has 8 so far.

Passer Rating (146.1 and 153.6, respectively) while Taylor is currently at 150.9.

• Fire 1

I'm a big supporter of him and wish him well.

He has had an amazing career and it's a long way from over. Good for him!

But there are always wrinkles and contingencies with stats and I think it's fair to point out that some things have worked in his favor.

Foremost among these is that during his career, we have not been a dominant team, so most games have been tight well into the fourth quarter which allowed him many more opportunities than some players in earlier era's who might have been relaxing on the bench from the middle of the third quarter on. More reps equal more stats. Just thought it was worth mentioning since statistics alone don't always tell the complete story.

Having said that, I'm happy for him and he is very deserving. Congratulations.

I'm a big supporter of him and wish him well.

He has had an amazing career and it's a long way from over. Good for him!

But there are always wrinkles and contingencies with stats and I think it's fair to point out that some things have worked in his favor.

Foremost among these is that during his career, we have not been a dominant team, so most games have been tight well into the fourth quarter which allowed him many more opportunities than some players in earlier era's who might have been relaxing on the bench from the middle of the third quarter on. More reps equal more stats. Just thought it was worth mentioning since statistics alone don't always tell the complete story.

Having said that, I'm happy for him and he is very deserving. Congratulations.

I see your point and agree to an extent, but not when comparing him to Taylor or Ganz as far as passing statistics. Neither of those guys played on world-beater teams and didn't log significantly less minutes per season than Taylor does.

fewest int's--amazing

It is amazing, especially considering that his picks almost cost us a game against Sparty and contributed to the worst beat-down of the season at Ohio State. He threw three INTs in each game, but only two in the other nine games. That's pretty crazy.

For all the huge critics Taylor has had, people fail to realize that he's a better passing quarterback than Zac Taylor was, and right on par with Joe Ganz - at least statistically speaking. AND he can run the ball.

While watching Monday Night Football, they were saying that Kapernick ran for 4,000 yards and threw for 7,000 in his career at Nevada. The only Division 1 quarterback to ever accomplish the feat. The stats you gave are for season, or career?

Season. He would have to go a ways over 1,000 rushing yards in the last two seasons to get close to that milestone.

Right now T-mart has 6140 passing yards and 1841 rushing yards in his carrer I doubt he ever gets to 4000 rushing yards maybe 3000 but that would be pushing it but he will go over 8000 passing by the times it is all said and done.

He is actually around 2600 rushing yards, so 3,000 will easily be reached bearing injury.

taylor is actually at 2630 rushing yards, with 3 games left this season, i don't think its unrealistic to think he could be at 6700 passing and 2800 yards rushing, (187 passing yards and 57 rushing yards per game.) by seasons end.

so a good season 2300 passing and 1200 rushing, would put him at 9000 passing and 4000 rushing. hell, if he finishes this season really strong, he could be at 6800-6900 passing and 2900 rushing by the end of the season, which means a really great, heisman kind of season, like 3100-3200 passing and 1100 rushing, could put him at 10000 passing and 4000 rushing. which is insane!

Actually the stat they showed on Monday Night Football was that Colin Kapernick rushed for 4,000 and threw for 10,000 yards in his college career.

And if you caught that game.....wow.

I'm a Niners fan and I could get used to that guy at QB.

Aldon Smith is also a beast. The Niners are a great team and it's good for them to have the luxury of two capable QBs. Just like the Jets.

I'm kidding.