Had a very bad experience at the iowa game

I'm only believing this to a point. He says he's blitzed, his GF is kind of a "rebel" type, yet they were doing absolutely nothing, and lo and behold they were being picked on. I'm 100% sure this is what happened.

As a side note, I've been to half a dozen away games, so I'm not an expert compared to a lot of people, but guess what, fans tend to get pissed when you're cheering against their team. I've been told to sit down, shut up, go home, called a hick, red neck, etc, and I dont care. For the most part away games are fun, sometimes you run into jerks. Its what happens, you do your best to have fun, and cheer your team....

Cool story bro.

I had hoped that Nebraska returned to the "10 win" territory, the fanbase would realize how whiny and stupid the "other teams fans didn't fall to the ground and kiss our feet" argument is. Especially since there are things like Rose Bowls to worry about.

I really had hoped.

I dont think we expect people to kiss our feet but for christ's sake, sh#t like this does not need to happen. I'm still dumbfounded why people want us to serve alcohol at our game. It's a problem enough. Too many people are too obnoxious. If the story this guy told is true to the tee, then no, he did nothing wrong and did not deserve the treatment he received. It's not about being whiny or kissing toes. It's about acting like respectable human being and not such a prick. Grow up. You dont have to treat us like gods, just dont treat us like sh#t. It's a fricken game. Get your head out your ass.

Strongly agree with this post Accountability. +1

Concur. Its a freaking game played by 18-23 year olds, its not nuclear war.

I'm reserving the tiny possibility that "Takeitsleazy" and his rebel girlfriend who started drinking at 5:30 a.m. and giving each other "f#*k this guy!" looks after insisting on standing in front of Iowa fans during a cold, bad game in which they brag of being drunk on some of the worst alcohol sold....just might not be the best representatives of Husker football, and maybe, just maybe, they're more obnoxious than they're letting on. Which is already pretty obnoxious.

There's also a good chance the entire story was made up.

Well, I think you ultimately have to respect those sitting behind you; it doesn't matter if your in Lincoln or away site. I stand all game when I have the chance, when I have the agreement of those behind me (they wouldn't put seats or benches if there wasn't an expectation that most would be sitting).

During the 2010 Mizzou game in Lincoln, I sat most of the game because those behind me (and in front) were sitting. During this season's away games I attended, I was able to stand all game due to my location (UCLA) and essentially getting the permission of those behind me (Northwestern).

I think you always need to be gracious, especially in others' stadiums. They paid for their tickets too.

• Fire 1

I had the exact opposite experience. Had a awesome time at the bars Thursday night. Brothers was packed with huskers. Every iowa fan i talked to was nice and fun to talk football with. I was surrounded by iowa fans at the game too. But our section stood the whole game and we talked to the people around us in a civilized manor.

I had the exact opposite experience. Had a awesome time at the bars Thursday night. Brothers was packed with huskers. Every iowa fan i talked to was nice and fun to talk football with. I was surrounded by iowa fans at the game too. But our section stood the whole game and we talked to the people around us in a civilized manor.

you are lucky, most manors i visit are mysterious.

• Fire 5

I had this happen to me at the Minnesota game last year, but it was HUSKER fans who were swearing at my nephew and I to sit down. It was unbelievable...I reminded the guy that we are cheering for the same team. The Gopher fans around me were laughing their asses off that two Husker fans were arguing with each other. I let the guy have it and he did not say another word the rest of the game. What a dumbass!!!!!

I won't sit down at Husker home games, simple as that, I'll sit during the timeouts and commercial breaks or if the game is pretty boring for whatever reason. I stand about 80% of the time and I've never had anyone say anything to me. It wouldn't surprise me to hear anyone had a bad time at Kinnick. Iowa fans are just as bad as sCUm fans, trust me!

I'm only believing this to a point. He says he's blitzed, his GF is kind of a "rebel" type, yet they were doing absolutely nothing, and lo and behold they were being picked on. I'm 100% sure this is what happened.

As a side note, I've been to half a dozen away games, so I'm not an expert compared to a lot of people, but guess what, fans tend to get pissed when you're cheering against their team. I've been told to sit down, shut up, go home, called a hick, red neck, etc, and I dont care. For the most part away games are fun, sometimes you run into jerks. Its what happens, you do your best to have fun, and cheer your team....

His story started to fall apart at the "We were underage and wanted to get our drink on."

It would be interesting to hear a sober version of this story.

My take is that the Original Poster is going to say "I had a very bad experience" many times in his life if he can't follow simple rules concerning alcohol.

My second take is that the fans surrounding you saw two young people from the opposing team that were well on the way to being drunk (or having already achieved that destination) before noon, and treated you with the normal amount of respect and consideration given to such people.

So your drinking habits are abnornal and illegal. The fact that you don't see anything wrong with sharing such behavior in a public forum is more disturbing yet.