Nebraska walks Wisconsin

Wisconsin's 5 losses were by a combined 19 points. Their OSU game gives an idea of how well their defense has improved and what to expect. I don't see us scoring 30 on them this time and no way of coming back if we get careless with the ball. Their passing isn't a big threat and their running is kind of predictable. Stopping it is another matter. I don't see us walking a badger anytime soon.

The other problem we face is Wiscy is used to winning conference titles and going to the Rose Bowl. Their players want and expect to do it again this year.

How can anybody feel that we will smack down any team we play after this season of games. We have 2 linemen down and we proved we are weak against the run all season. Hello Wisconsin runs the ball with the best of them.

You must not have watched the last time we played them this year did you? Here let me give you those stats again... (Yes they have gotten better, but so have we). We have an issue with true dual threat QB's.

Wisconsin Rushing Yards: 9/29/2012: 56 yards

Here is also an interesting breakdown:

Rushing yards allowed:

Since the beginning of the Conference Season: 1286 yards @ 160/game

Traditional QB's- 640 yards @ 128/game

Dual threat QB's- 646 yards @ 215/game (371 coming from tOSU)

Since tOSU: 859 yards @ 143/game

The only team to gash us on the ground has been MSU with 238 yards. How they did this, is because they were a threat over the air. Spread us out and hit hard. Very effective, but Wisconsin is not a threat like they were. Wisconsin only got 158 yards against PSU. They are the same team when we played them, except they will be without their biggest game changer, Jared Abbrederes. There goes their threat over the air, and special teams.

Does anyone know the status of Abederus (sp) ? #4 has kind of been a Husker thorn in the side. Hope he isn't hurt, but wouldn't mind seeing him in street clothes next Sat.

Friend told me he will play, but is less than 100%. Not sure of his source.

I thought that Coach Bielema had indicated that Abederus (sp) was going to be playing Saturday and was just being held from practice until Wed. or Thurs.?

Does anyone know the status of Abederus (sp) ? #4 has kind of been a Husker thorn in the side. Hope he isn't hurt, but wouldn't mind seeing him in street clothes next Sat.

Friend told me he will play, but is less than 100%. Not sure of his source.

I thought that Coach Bielema had indicated that Abederus (sp) was going to be playing Saturday and was just being held from practice until Wed. or Thurs.?

With a head injury, however slight, you have to think he won't be 100%.

With a head injury, however slight, you have to think he won't be 100%.

Yeah, sounds like he is playing, but this is what his second or third concussion this season? He should be sitting. I don't condone targeting . . . .

On another note . . . any chance Burkhead could get some reps at Defensive Tackle? ;) ;)

I'm thinking that the controlled conditions should help our offense. Wisconsin passes a tad better than we do, but I think we'll open it up in the windless and toasty dome.

In addition, I think that our secondary has played a bit better in the second half of the season, but then again, so has Ball.

I'm predicting a 24-20 type of game...hopefully in the Huskers' favor.

I'm thinking that the controlled conditions should help our offense. Wisconsin passes a tad better than we do, but I think we'll open it up in the windless and toasty dome.

In addition, I think that our secondary has played a bit better in the second half of the season, but then again, so has Ball.

HUH? Other than the bolded, I agree with you.

Our D is stout, if we can bottle up the run a little bit, we win this game. We will not stop Montay Ball. Just can't let them rush down the whole field on us.

HUH?

Freudian slip. Meant that we pass better, although neither of us does it particularly well.