Should Taylor be B1G Offensive Player of the Year and First Team QB?

QMany

QB 1:

Passing

• 207 yards per game
  • 63.3% completion
  • 8.06 yards per attempt
  • 21 TD
  • 8 INT
  • 148.3 QB rating

Rushing

• 833 yards
  • 5.3 yards per run
  • 8 TD

QB 2:

Passing

• 170 yards per game
  • 58.3% completion
  • 8.03 yards per attempt
  • 15 TD
  • 6 INT
  • 140.5 QB rating

Rushing

• 1271 yards
  • 5.6 yards per run
  • 13 TD

QB 1:

Passing

• 207 yards per game
  • 63.3% completion
  • 8.06 yards per attempt
  • 21 TD
  • 8 INT
  • 148.3 QB rating

Rushing

• 833 yards per game
  • 5.3 yards per run
  • 8 TD

QB 2:

Passing

• 170 yards per game
  • 58.3% completion
  • 8.03 yards per attempt
  • 15 TD
  • 6 INT
  • 140.5 QB rating

Rushing

• 1271 yards per game
  • 5.6 yards per run
  • 13 TD

That's a tough one. I'm assuming those are Miller's stats.... I could go either way with this one. Flip a coin and you've got your winner.

I was going to look up fumbles but they didn't have them on ESPN when I put this together.

If you are going to give a QB Offensive Player of the Year, funny to give it to the one with second-most yards.

I agree that a lot of it his to do with OSU being undefeated, much like the Heisman race. It's BS.

Martinez had a slightly better statistical year than Miller, but his team lost twice, including a blowout at the hands of Miller and the Buckeyes. If the voting for this award took place after the title game, Ohio State was eligible and T-Mart defeated Miller to win the Big Ten crown? Things would be different. But without that win, the league's leading passer (148.34 rating) and total producer (276.3 ypg) trails Miller.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-2012-season-recap-and-awards

Martinez had a slightly better statistical year than Miller, but his team lost twice, including a blowout at the hands of Miller and the Buckeyes. If the voting for this award took place after the title game, Ohio State was eligible and T-Mart defeated Miller to win the Big Ten crown? Things would be different. But without that win, the league's leading passer (148.34 rating) and total producer (276.3 ypg) trails Miller.

http://www.athlonspo...ecap-and-awards

Was Taylor the reason why Miller was able to run all over us and UCLA was able to put over 600 yards on us?

From the same article.

As a freshman, Martinez displayed a lack of mental toughness and maturity. He also was banged up down the stretch. As a sophomore, he developed as a leader within the huddle and the locker room. The question about his third season under center at Nebraska was going to be his ability to throw the football efficiently. As it turns out, he is pretty good. He led the league in passing efficiency while consistently leading his team back from second-half deficits. He has developed into one of the most complete quarterbacks in the nation and has a chance to win a Big Ten championship with one more win.

I believe Taylor is a better complete QB.