Pelini NOT in serious talks with Arkansas - fake

Anyone notice the title to this topic changed? lol I thought I was crazy thinking this, but I am almost positive I am not that loony lol

Naw man, it's been that way the entire time...

1x09-Storming-the-Castle-Animated-gif-Suspicious-Lucille-arrested-development-7915376-300-170.gif

I can't see the picture lol, damn work restrictions :(

It's just a gif from Arrested Development

i almost wish pelini would go to a good SEC school to prove what a good coach we have right now and how much harder it is to coach in the middle of nowhere.

:facepalm:

do you care to elaborate?

Like I said in a previous thread, since Pelini has been here, all the way to the tOSU game, a lot of people wanted to push him out the door. There were and still are some people, but majority are worried he will leave now. You never know what you have till its gone. We learned this once before (Coach Solich), I was just unsure we would do this again. If Pelini goes, which I doubt he will, I wouldn't blame him. He is a DAMN good coach, and doesn't get the respect he deserves, even when we lose. People would rather demand a new coach.

The thing about Bo possible feeling underrespected is that I seriously doubt he interprets a few handfuls of negative comments/perceptions of him on message boards and/or radio call-in shows as the majority view of the entire fanbase. Whenever he is on the Sports Nightly call-in show, the majority to all calls involve the caller thanking him for job he is doing and showing their appreciation. Yes we have high expectations, but the majority of us "fans" also have perspective, which allows us to appreciate what he has done so far. Bo is also just as if not more competitive than any fan of this program ever will be. I think we can unanimously attest to that. He wants it all just as bad as we do, and his standards and expectations are just as high.

As much as I disagree with them, if we didnt have the negative fans and "Bo-haters" we would be content with status quo and might never improve. But I wouldn't say that it's causing Bo to feel underrespected, or underappreciated.

i almost wish pelini would go to a good SEC school to prove what a good coach we have right now and how much harder it is to coach in the middle of nowhere.

:facepalm:

do you care to elaborate?

Like I said in a previous thread, since Pelini has been here, all the way to the tOSU game, a lot of people wanted to push him out the door. There were and still are some people, but majority are worried he will leave now. You never know what you have till its gone. We learned this once before (Coach Solich), I was just unsure we would do this again. If Pelini goes, which I doubt he will, I wouldn't blame him. He is a DAMN good coach, and doesn't get the respect he deserves, even when we lose. People would rather demand a new coach.

The thing about Bo possible feeling underrespected is that I seriously doubt he interprets a few handfuls of negative comments/perceptions of him on message boards and/or radio call-in shows as the majority view of the entire fanbase. Whenever he is on the Sports Nightly call-in show, the majority to all calls involve the caller thanking him for job he is doing and showing their appreciation. Yes we have high expectations, but the majority of us "fans" also have perspective, which allows us to appreciate what he has done so far. Bo is also just as if not more competitive than any fan of this program ever will be. I think we can unanimously attest to that. He wants it all just as bad as we do, and his standards and expectations are just as high.

As much as I disagree with them, if we didnt have the negative fans and "Bo-haters" we would be content with status quo and might never improve. But I wouldn't say that it's causing Bo to feel underrespected, or underappreciated.

I never said Bo felt unappreciated, I said I feel like he is, which my some/most people I know, he hasn't done a good enough job. Many of them also demanding him to be fired throughout the year, and previous years. I am not categorizing everyone as being like this, but there are many people.

I am one who expects a lot, but I also know, from where the program was when Bo got it, it was going to take time, and he is taking strides in making this place back to a modern day of what it was before Clownahan came in. I have been, and will be supportive of Bo.

I never said Bo felt unappreciated, I said I feel like he is,

This I know. I did say what I thought Bo might feel about how much he is appreciated. eh?

Ahhhh, a little bit of misreading by me. Lol. Bo might feel the same way, but I doubt he cares, as long as his team (coaches and players) respect him lol

I dont know that i would say that he doesnt care. It might be a face he puts on that he isnt letting what the fans think get to him. But in a place like this, I dont think you could say with a clear conscoius that Bo doesnt care whatsoever what the tone of the fanbase is towards him. In a place like this, if you disconnect with the fans, you're dun. Ask Bill Callahan.

I don't need to lose Bo to know what a good job he has done here! For those that still need him to prove something to them are just ridiculous. I think we are a year or two away from competing for NCs. And the way Bo has been doin it, we shouldn't have anymore down years. He's building the team to be able to sustain success for years to come. I'm on the side that thinks what he's done so far with the deficiencies he's had as well as the turnover of coaches, is amazing! Long live Bo as Huskers HC and GBR!

so, we are on the same page, brother-man. i was just saying that to all those who were saying things like this:

Bo is not going he hasn't accomplished anything. Plus he would just get his ass kicked every week at Arkansas....but oh wait he is used to that.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i do not think bo is very happy here, but i do not think bo is a very happy person in general. i do think he is as happy as he will be here at good ole NU.

I don't need to lose Bo to know what a good job he has done here! For those that still need him to prove something to them are just ridiculous. I think we are a year or two away from competing for NCs. And the way Bo has been doin it, we shouldn't have anymore down years. He's building the team to be able to sustain success for years to come. I'm on the side that thinks what he's done so far with the deficiencies he's had as well as the turnover of coaches, is amazing! Long live Bo as Huskers HC and GBR!

so, we are on the same page, brother-man. i was just saying that to all those who were saying things like this:

Bo is not going he hasn't accomplished anything. Plus he would just get his ass kicked every week at Arkansas....but oh wait he is used to that.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i do not think bo is very happy here, but i do not think bo is a very happy person in general. i do think he is as happy as he will be here at good ole NU.

Your perception is not misleading. No he is not a rah rah, happy gee-golly type of guy. I wouldnt go as far as saying he is not a happy person. I dont appear to be a happy person either. My attitude and personna suggest that I'm a d******d (in person) but if you really knew me, you'd know that I'm plenty content and happy with my life. Obviously I'm in no place to make any sort of educated judgement on his happiness, but I would say he's a lot happier here than many would suggest from the way he acts in press conferences and on the field etc.

One story I've heard-whether it's true or not-is from a friend of my wife's who was a waitress at a restaurant in Lincoln while going to college. She waited on the Pelinis one night. All should could say is how she just couldnt understand how that guy could act the way he does during games and to the media. he was so calm and happy that time. The way he interacted with people when he was bugged for an autograph, for folks stopping to ask how he was doing, she thought they were two completely different people. Then she bragged about the 100$ tip she was left. Take it for what it's worth of course. All I can do is repeat the story.

One story I've heard-whether it's true or not-is from a friend of my wife's who was a waitress at a restaurant in Lincoln while going to college. She waited on the Pelinis one night. All should could say is how she just couldnt understand how that guy could act the way he does during games and to the media. he was so calm and happy that time. The way he interacted with people when he was bugged for an autograph, for folks stopping to ask how he was doing, she thought they were two completely different people. Then she bragged about the 100$ tip she was left. Take it for what it's worth of course. All I can do is repeat the story.

this would not surprise me at all.

i heard that he is just the worst to golf with because of his temper. he is just a competitive guy with a lot of talent. honestly, it is a great gift, but probably pretty frustrating and stressful. i do think he is actually happy here, i just do not think he is the type of guy that you would ever think is happy by just watching him on the sideline.

I send Bo a handwritten letter every day telling him how much I like having him as a coach. That should keep him here forever.

If Bo leaves, I'm blaming you for being the psycho stalker guy that drove him out of town.

Well at least I'm not sending him locks of hair or nail clippings...

yet

\

this would not surprise me at all.

i heard that he is just the worst to golf with because of his temper. he is just a competitive guy with a lot of talent. honestly, it is a great gift, but probably pretty frustrating and stressful. i do think he is actually happy here, i just do not think he is the type of guy that you would ever think is happy by just watching him on the sideline.

If his temper is anything like mine, he should not be golfing at all. I tried it once about 15 years ago and have never done since. Not once. I got into motorsports. More specifically demotilition derby. I seem to fit better.