What If?

What if Bullocks and F. Washington would have stayed in school another year?

And what if Incognito would have stuck around Lincoln?

I know this is water under the bridge, but if we had those three, I believe we'd probably be in the Big 12 Championship game. Having those two studs in the D-Backfield would have freed up the front 7 to attack the line of scrimmage even more, which could have made a difference in the TTech and OU games.

Having Richie on the O-Line could have helped us run the ball better, which would have done wonders for the passing game and the running game.

Honestly, if we had those three, I'd put us at 9-2. MU and KU were disasters, but perhaps those three players would have put us over the top against OU and Tech.

Thoughts?

I know this is water under the bridge, but if we had those three, I believe we'd probably be in the Big 12 Championship game. Having those two studs in the D-Backfield would have freed up the front 7 to attack the line of scrimmage even more, which could have made a difference in the TTech and OU games.

Having Richie on the O-Line could have helped us run the ball better, which would have done wonders for the passing game and the running game.

Honestly, if we had those three, I'd put us at 9-2. MU and KU were disasters, but perhaps those three players would have put us over the top against OU and Tech.

Thoughts?

RI would have cost us more penalties then we had this year with his anger. Bullocks and Washington had a hatred towards the NU staff and did everything to poision the team with all talk and no game Bernard Thomas. Quite honestly, if those 4 had stayed, this team would be 4-7 at this point. And no, i'm not kidding

well imo, if they would have stayed, we would be set up for disappointment next year, with a much better team. just think of the possibilities of grixby and bowman. if bowman can play consistent and not get so confused and grixby play taller than he is which he has done this second half, it is very possible we are much better off. the safeties i think would be pretty much the same, a worry spot, but that will play out how it will.

I agree with what has been said so far. RI was more of a problem than he was worth. FW and DB, IMO, would have played, but it only takes one (or two) bad attitudes to change the dynamic of the defense. We now have some young ones on the OL, but they have experience now and will be around for awhile. The DBacks were much improved as the year went on, and will be even better next year. I also think the team would have been much worse off if they had stayed.

I know this is water under the bridge, but if we had those three, I believe we'd probably be in the Big 12 Championship game.  Having those two studs in the D-Backfield would have freed up the front 7 to attack the line of scrimmage even more, which could have made a difference in the TTech and OU games.

Honestly, if we had those three, I'd put us at 9-2.  MU and KU were disasters, but perhaps those three players would have put us over the top against OU and Tech.

Thoughts?

RI would have cost us more penalties then we had this year with his anger. Bullocks and Washington had a hatred towards the NU staff and did everything to poision the team with all talk and no game Bernard Thomas. Quite honestly, if those 4 had stayed, this team would be 4-7 at this point. And no, i'm not kidding

How can you call yourself a fan if your bashing former Huskers. These players put in their time, some of it limited, and played for the team. A true fan would embrace these players and applaud them for their effort.

I know this is water under the bridge, but if we had those three, I believe we'd probably be in the Big 12 Championship game.  Having those two studs in the D-Backfield would have freed up the front 7 to attack the line of scrimmage even more, which could have made a difference in the TTech and OU games.

Honestly, if we had those three, I'd put us at 9-2.  MU and KU were disasters, but perhaps those three players would have put us over the top against OU and Tech.

Thoughts?

How can you call yourself a fan if your bashing former Huskers. These players put in their time, some of it limited, and played for the team. A true fan would embrace these players and applaud them for their effort.

Oh you mean Incongnito almost crushing a kids skull at a party? His constant out of control behavior? His fist fighting with other teammates in the lock room? The kid was/is out of control! No sorry I don't/won't support a basket case! BC thought of him as a locker room cancer that had to be rid of!

His threatening of the Head Coach, his cheap shots on his own team mates in the locker room, breaking a felllow teammates ankle.

Yea we needed Richie. Hell Cotton wanted to get rid of him the year before.

Washington and Bullocks were told to hit the road. Too many problems for the staff to overcome with disloyalty.

We are far better off that they left, I wish they had left the year before.

Those 3 did more damage to this program than they ever did good.

Wrong, i dont care what they did on the field, football game are won the week before, and when you have guys that are A.) recieving preferential treatment by not getting punished for fighting teammates or dogging it in practice and in games, and B.) Teammates dont like and dont want to play for, you will get a losing team 9 out 10 times, and the 10th time you were probably playing Baylor.

I know that Richie did some pretty stupid things, but we all remember LP. He was a cancer on the team and TO kept him on board and look what happened. Richie was a manchild out on the field and I would put him on my team. He would have helped the line out early on when they were struggling. GO RICHIE!!!!!!

We can also play the "what if" game for days, weeks, months, years, etc...I am extremely happy with the season. I know it isn't what we all wanted for sure, but it is progress (even though some don't think so) and cannot wait until next year....or for the BOWL this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that Richie did some pretty stupid things, but we all remember LP.  He was a cancer on the team and TO kept him on board and look what happened.  Richie was a manchild out on the field and I would put him on my team.  He would have helped the line out early on when they were struggling.  GO RICHIE!!!!!!

We can also play the "what if" game for days, weeks, months, years, etc...I am extremely happy with the season.  I know it isn't what we all wanted for sure, but it is progress (even though some don't think so) and cannot wait until next year....or for the BOWL this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-4 is an improvement over last year (yes NU will crush whoever they play in a bowl game be it Michigan or Iowa). 1 play away from a 9-3 season, so NU has shown DRAMATIC improvements.

I know some people will say we are 1 play away from losing to Pittsburgh. Sorry that is inaccurate. We blocked a field goal. There is a reason they call it "SPECIAL" teams. Otherwise why call it special teams? Why not just call it "if you can block for me a extra point or a field goal, that would be great" teams

And i am not sure why some posters keep bringing up the ISU game. We drove the ball down their throats and won the game. They didn't convert. How are we 1 play away in this game from losing it also?