As long as Rex is healthy, I wouldn't be suprised if Cross doesn't even see the field. And thats ok, he's very good in short yardage, but Rex is one of the best I've ever seen. He has an uncanny ability to make the first guy miss and get positive yardage when there really is nothing there. Cross will be big for us....next year.

And I agree, the guy I'd like to see get a few more carries is Heard, he always seems so close to breaking one for the distance, and tonight would be a perfect time for that to happen.

Cross and then run play action. All season he has been our short yardage guy. Wisky would never see the play fake.

I agree about Heard as well. He runs like mercury. Effortless, flowing and smooth. Very natural. Patient. Waits for blocks and then just goes. Great acceleration and top end.

BUT Rex has proven time and time and time again why he is the man. he is a beast, a game changer and will be a difference maker today IMO.

I think Cross would be good at the top of the diamond formation on an inside power play. Send one back in motion out to the flat to the trips side. Do a zone fake/read to Burkhead and have him block in the hole. Burkhead is an awesome blocker. Have Cross follow him all the way home! Or have Burkhead flare outside to seal the edge, fake it to Cross up the middle and have Taylor follow Cross's lead.

Could also then do a bubble screen to the side where the back is in motion.

Was hoping they might use him just to bruise some D-line dudes and wear them out early. I know it's apples to oranges but I watched that Zwinak kid from Penn State just bowling over these guys running right at them, not even really looking for holes or blocking (or so it appeared from my view point).

be glad its apples and oranges because Zwinak didn't exactly wear us out