Day after thoughts

Listened to Pelini's post game. I probably will get a lot of crap for this but I think Pelini's going to grow from this experience. He get knocked on his butt, but he will get up and react in a positive fashion. They will analyse, they will teach and they will recruit. They will get better. They need to finish this season right if they can. Finish strong in recruiting and fill those holes. Next year will be a new year and DIFFERENT.

He needs to fire some folks. Teach? Really? Penalties for 5 years, led the nation in fumbles for 3 yrs BY 1 PLAYER, can't tackle. Again, teach? He is the coach at Nebraska. No coach here SHOULD EVER have to explain away an a$$ kicking like we took last night.

Look at our coaching experience across the board...we are training coaches. This is Nebraska not the MAC. This is why we get out coached

This is very true, and it is a problem. Nebraska should be a destination for great coaches. Not a training facility, or a springboard into other top programs. Something went very wrong last night. Bo says we practiced for everything we saw last night so that tells me the players didn't execute. Now, the players did not execute, that is true, but I also watched Wisconsin run the same plays over and over again and it looked like we aligned defensively in the same exact way every time. We clearly did not adjust. Was the alignment due to the players being out of position, or we're the coaches putting them I those positions? I saw a lot of confusion , bickering and finger pointing last night that was very disappointing at this point in the season.

Listened to Pelini's post game. I probably will get a lot of crap for this but I think Pelini's going to grow from this experience. He get knocked on his butt, but he will get up and react in a positive fashion. They will analyse, they will teach and they will recruit. They will get better. They need to finish this season right if they can. Finish strong in recruiting and fill those holes. Next year will be a new year and DIFFERENT.

Larry the Cable Guy is that you? Cause that's funny stuff right there....I don't care who you are

Who is they? And if they is who I am thinking of they will will not Get er' done!

That was our shot to make a stand in the Big Ten. From here on out Ohio State is the Alabama of the Big 10. We will be out coached and will not be able to keep up with the talent pouring into that program.

Reality check......We will struggle with Northwestern every year. Get used to it Huska Nation.....no joke!

Like the last 3 times??

Grow how? Food for thought.

This season we have 2 of the top 3 worst defensive yards allowed all time. The worst was from OU in the 50's when they didn't lose a game for 5 seasons.

This was the worst rushing allowed all time.

a 60+ game and a 70 game in points allowed. Same thing happened in 2007.

Pelini's average recruiting ranking is in the mid 20s. Do you see anyway its getting better when the kids they are recruiting were not even in grade school the last time Nebraska won anything?

Grow how? Food for thought.

This season we have 2 of the top 3 worst defensive yards allowed all time. The worst was from OU in the 50's when they didn't lose a game for 5 seasons.

This was the worst rushing allowed all time.

a 60+ game and a 70 game in points allowed. Same thing happened in 2007.

Pelini's average recruiting ranking is in the mid 20s. Do you see anyway its getting better when the kids they are recruiting were not even in grade school the last time Nebraska won anything?

Bingo! tOSU and Mich are pulling away in terms of recruiting. We are way behind and will not compete consistently if this trend continues. Heck Look at the top 25 class rankings this season and see what teams are beating us currently....it is pathetic

We still have the chance to go to a Florida bowl against top competition and prove that we really do belong at the top and that last night was just a big flop. What would a win against a team such as LSU or Texas A&M from the mighty SEC conference do.

lol

After last night I didn't think it was possible for people to delude themselves into thinking we'd stand a chance against teams like that.

I know right....we've already been hosed by Ohio state and Wisconsin....absolutely sand blasted....but hey we'll put it all together magically in 3 or 4 weeks and pull off a shocker.

Guys just step back and calm down. Last night was very hard to take for all of us. But it is not the end of the world. This season was far from a disappointment. We could have very easily been a 7 win team, but this team showed alot of heart in those comeback wins. Their is no reason to call for Bo's head. He is 1 of 4 coaches in fbs history that has had at least 9 wins in each of his first 5 seasons! If we fired him we might as well kiss the football program goodbye because no coach in his right mind would want to come to Nebraska. I think this coaching staff still has a way to go but damn it they have gotten better every year and they will continue to get better.

Hmmm and coming into last night's game wisconsin was a 7 win team so which scenario is the better one?

After watching a slow 3rd string tail back running behind half an offensive line bite off fairly impressive rushing yardage during the Iowa game last week, I doubt the Wisconsin coaching staff had to pull many late nightes to figure out that all they had to do was run the ball in order to beat Nebraska...

Yes, the season was an illusion. The MSU game and the Penn State game, in my mind, we're gifts from the Big 10 Replacement Refs officiating crews...the defense was pushed around game after game...the offense was totally inconsistent...the play calling and coaching decisions were maddening and the penalties and lack of control throughout the year were indicative to me of an undisiplined team.

And Nebraska recruiting took a hit when you jumped to the Big 10. Kids from the hotbeds of high school football like Texas, Florida and California want to play in conferences they know. Texas kids will wind up in the SEC and Big 12...California kids will be in the PAC 12...Florida kids in the SEC....recruits from the NE and Mid-Atlantic that do recognize the Big 10 want to go to Ohio State, Michigan, or the SEC or Big 12...combine that with the fact that Bo Pelini projects one of the worst images in all of coaching when he's yelling back and forth with his players on the sideline and you have the perfect storm of a program in decline...

Just another pathetic reminder of how far we are from being a team that could win a BCS bowl, let alone be legit contenders for best in the nation. Although, honestly, I am glad we did not have another heroic come-from-behind / lucky win here, because it would have been far more embarrassing for us, and damaging to our crap conference to be destroyed by Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

Just replace "sale" with "conference title"

I don't believe in having a revolving door head coach system. That guarantees a terrible team. You give a coach about 5 years to get it done, maybe a little longer if he's close. Bo's had his 5 years. The question: Is he close? If the answer is yes, then he's bought himself another year or two. If no, what's the point in keeping him on? Is he a coach who will give us pretty good teams that get winning records, but never any kind of championships? If that's the case, I don't see the point in keeping him on. I don't believe the Husker football tradition is about building pretty good teams that are fun to watch, but collapse in the big games.

I don't claim to have all the answers. I'm not a soothsayer. Perhaps my fellow fans can answer that "Is he close?" question better than I can. At this 5-year point, we need to justify keeping him on. If that cannot reasonably be done, it's time to move on. Thoughts?

I've never seen an inferior team dominate a superior team quite like we've seen in the Pelini era. We hand our opponents the win at every turn.

I didn't used to subscribe to the mental aspect of our game as much as some...but I'm starting to think we have a serious emotional/mental problem.

After watching a slow 3rd string tail back running behind half an offensive line bite off fairly impressive rushing yardage during the Iowa game last week, I doubt the Wisconsin coaching staff had to pull many late nightes to figure out that all they had to do was run the ball in order to beat Nebraska...

Yes, the season was an illusion. The MSU game and the Penn State game, in my mind, we're gifts from the Big 10 Replacement Refs officiating crews...the defense was pushed around game after game...the offense was totally inconsistent...the play calling and coaching decisions were maddening and the penalties and lack of control throughout the year were indicative to me of an undisiplined team.

And Nebraska recruiting took a hit when you jumped to the Big 10. Kids from the hotbeds of high school football like Texas, Florida and California want to play in conferences they know. Texas kids will wind up in the SEC and Big 12...California kids will be in the PAC 12...Florida kids in the SEC....recruits from the NE and Mid-Atlantic that do recognize the Big 10 want to go to Ohio State, Michigan, or the SEC or Big 12...combine that with the fact that Bo Pelini projects one of the worst images in all of coaching when he's yelling back and forth with his players on the sideline and you have the perfect storm of a program in decline...

I have to disagree with the mich st game. They were gifted a TD that would've been a field goal so it's not like all the calls just went our way. It was a bad day for the refs on both sides. But yeah we're not very good.