Capital One Bowl bid accepted

We so do not belong on the same field as either of those two teams. Gonna get our asses handed to us.

We may not "belong" there but it is a bowl game nonetheless. Let us all not forget where this program was, and how it's fan base felt when we didn't even get to play in a bowl game 2 out of 4 years.

Nebraska needs to get back to being NEBRASKA. This sounds cliche I know, but what I mean by this is that we need to get back to that mentality where we would bring our A-game (every ounce of each players physical & mental talent) no matter who we played.

There was a time not so long ago where Nebraska didn't give a damn who they played or what conference they were in. They would just strap up the helmets and play whoever was next on their schedule. And everyone playing in the game, attending the game, or watching/listening to the game at home would know that whether win or lose, Nebraska would play a physical style of football for 4 full quarters. This is what we must regain. This program can handle loses, but not embarrassments.

After last night's embarrassment this notion of Nebraska getting back to being NEBRASKA might seem like it's impossible, and I agree that it will take time to get back to the kind of elite football that we crave from this program. But this has to be the goal going forward.

• Bring back a more punishing rushing attack, simplify the defensive scheme to let our players play faster and with more confidence, and let the chips fall where they may.

Finally, and most importantly let us never....EVER....take for granted being in a bowl game at the end of a season.....even if the opponent we play is more talented.

• Fire 2

ill be really tuned into to see how Bo prepares his guys.....

1. will it be another Washington type bowl game where we came out flater than a starving N. korean woman? I was at that game and it seemed like everyone from the fans to the players didnt want to be there and played like it.... we shouldnt have even played that game since everyone pretty much assumed we would lose

2. will we be coming out fired up and ready to prove something against an SEC team!!!??? A pathetic ill motivated team will speak volumes to me and if we come out flat i just might have to take a little step off of Bo's jock.....

This game will serve as a measuring stick.

If we can actually make it a game...keep in striking distance, lose by a TD or less...then I will feel like there's something to build on.

We know that Nebraska is a good team. Yes, I will still say it. But what we want is a great team.

This is a decent chance to make a move towards being a great team.

We so do not belong on the same field as either of those two teams. Gonna get our asses handed to us.

We may not "belong" there but it is a bowl game nonetheless. Let us all not forget where this program was, and how it's fan base felt when we didn't even get to play in a bowl game 2 out of 4 years.

Nebraska needs to get back to being NEBRASKA. This sounds cliche I know, but what I mean by this is that we need to get back to that mentality where we would bring our A-game (every ounce of each players physical & mental talent) no matter who we played.

There was a time not so long ago where Nebraska didn't give a damn who they played or what conference they were in. They would just strap up the helmets and play whoever was next on their schedule. And everyone playing in the game, attending the game, or watching/listening to the game at home would know that whether win or lose, Nebraska would play a physical style of football for 4 full quarters. This is what we must regain. This program can handle loses, but not embarrassments.

After last night's embarrassment this notion of Nebraska getting back to being NEBRASKA might seem like it's impossible, and I agree that it will take time to get back to the kind of elite football that we crave from this program. But this has to be the goal going forward.

• Bring back a more punishing rushing attack, simplify the defensive scheme to let our players play faster and with more confidence, and let the chips fall where they may.

Finally, and most importantly let us never....EVER....take for granted being in a bowl game at the end of a season.....even if the opponent we play is more talented.

We do need to go back to being NU. Was trying to explain to co-workers how our identity is, to a degree, wrapped up in the success or failure of our program. Hard for folks who have Pro everything. I know that sounds cliche, but if you didn't grow up in Nebraska, it might be hard to understand.

When Borland slammed Martinez and another dove at his needs and there was no repercussions, I really saw that this staff and team do not have that "fire". Back in the day, either of those incidents would have resulted in a penalty for the entire OL going after those guys. We used to be feared. We were mean and nasty. Not cheap shot artists, just junk yard mean.

We need to get back to a smash mouth running attack. This spread or whatever it is works. Sometimes. I watched Bama beat GA with smash mouth. Watched in disbelief as Wisky put up over 500 yrds ON THE GROUND. We have become soft and lost. Again, if you are new to the Huskers 2000's onward, you have missed what they used to be. We won games before they were even played. Teams feared us.

Iowa proved passing won't always work on the plains. TO knew this and designed a play scheme around this.

How many teams run the spread or it variations? I would guess 70%. How many run a base smash mouth? Hardly any. Running the spread, we are competing against a lot of schools for recruits. Get shorter, less recruited bulldogs who can move the pile. Running opens up the passing game. Just ask Gill, Frasier, Crouch, Frost etc.......

Folks say Bo's scheme is not to complex. BS. When Wisky went in motion, they looked to the sidelines and pointed at each other trying to get lined up. A simple scheme allows you to flex. We broke. the guys were lost. Action is faster than reaction. We are currently playing a read and react complex scheme. PJ Smith, in the post game, said that the D is predicated on everyone doing their job. If one guy makes a mistake, it is 6. THIS IS A COMPLEX scheme. Why can other teams throw in a 3rd string QB and win. Or the kid form NW last year. Or any other player that has stepped in and looks like a world beater against us? The reason, IMO, the D is so complex, it leaves little room for change and less for error.

Unsure what will happen. we are in a trick bag. You really can't fire a 10 win coach. He is one of now only 2, IIRC, that has now won 9 in the last 5 years. The staff, IMO, is another issue. Bo has surrounded himself with inexperienced persons' and it is telling. Our inability to counter Wisky is proof. Further proof is the inability to even design a different offensive game plan.

Bo needs to either hire some experience or swallow his pride and reach out to some folks. Get some help. Go back to school. Talk to Biliema and figure out how he did what he did or better yet why. Look at teams that win the tough games and the big ones. Look at bring back a psychologist. Make the kids and staff accountable. Miss a tackle sit. Miss another one, sit a series. 3 strikes and you are out. Same with fumbles. Martinez leads, for the 3rd year, fumbles in the FBS. FIX IT BO. You do not win by being the most mistake prone coach in the FBS.

Copy McBrides success for personnel. Speed, tackling and size. Copy Stoops and only recruit kids who can contribute day one. If they need to develop, pass.

Lastly, back on track, GA will be a great test. They can run and have the #2 QB in the country passing. Great way to build into the off season or a way to lose our recruits. Anxious to see how the staff rebounds. Last night was the largest coaching failure I have seen at NU (fan for 30+ years) and one of the tops of all time.