Tim Beck interviewing for the UTEP job?

Rumors flying around Eugene that Chip has already met with Philly, supposedly is going to meet with the Chargers soon. Acknowledges he has a "high" amount of interest in the NFL, and numerous NFL executives love him. A GM watched one of his practices and said they'd hire him "immediately" if he could since he had never seen such an efficient practice.

GMs consensus seems to be Chip is #1, followed by Shaw.

Rumor in Eugene is that Scott Frost would be OC @ Oregon if Chip Kelly leaves. Take that FWIW.

More concerned with DC, DL than anything offensive.

Wait, wut? If Chip Kelly leaves the whole staff will likely be fired by the new head coach, and Frost will move on to some other program. Do you mean if Mark Helfrich the Oregon OC leaves? Or are you saying that a new head coach would fire Helfrich and promote Frost to OC? I guess it *could* happen. But who could possibly know that? lol

I can believe that's a rumor there in Duckland. But I doubt it would actually play out that way.

If Beck is truly weighing a job at UTEP, it is time for Bo to bring out the checkbook quickly!!!!

The absolutely last thing this team, and especially Taylor Martinez, needs right now is a changeover on the offensive staff. The Huskers are in year two offensively, look at the difference from year one. This is the one area that might salvage an easier schedule next year if the new defensive talent doesn't come to fruition.

I understand people are frustrated with the environment of "on the job training". But, these coaches are gaining the experience. Let them use that experience here as long as it is helping the team. Why "hope" that a coach takes his "on the job training" somewhere else and leave Bo to hire another coach with limited experience to start the whole process over again.

Rumor in Eugene is that Scott Frost would be OC @ Oregon if Chip Kelly leaves. Take that FWIW.

Wait, wut? If Chip Kelly leaves the whole staff will likely be fired by the new head coach, and Frost will move on to some other program. Do you mean if Mark Helfrich the Oregon OC leaves? Or are you saying that a new head coach would fire Helfrich and promote Frost to OC? I guess it *could* happen. But who could possibly know that? lol

I can believe that's a rumor there in Duckland. But I doubt it would actually play out that way.

Maybe because their current OC would be promoted to HC, hence Frost to OC. Please riddle me how that is so hard to fathom.

If Beck is truly weighing a job at UTEP, it is time for Bo to bring out the checkbook quickly!!!!

The absolutely last thing this team, and especially Taylor Martinez, needs right now is a changeover on the offensive staff. The Huskers are in year two offensively, look at the difference from year one. This is the one area that might salvage an easier schedule next year if the new defensive talent doesn't come to fruition.

I understand people are frustrated with the environment of "on the job training". But, these coaches are gaining the experience. Let them use that experience here as long as it is helping the team. Why "hope" that a coach takes his "on the job training" somewhere else and leave Bo to hire another coach with limited experience to start the whole process over again.

Because their are a great many idiotic so called fans that have no clue what goes into a successful program. They try to compare it to running company and it's nothing like it. They have no clue about things like continuity and how they benefit a collegiate athletic program. One bad game and they want a slew of coaches to be fired. It's just simple stupidity. Then of course there's the lovely concept that "we fans DESERVE better" which is a complete crock of sh#t.

Yes, I'm grumpy today. That is all.

• Fire 4

Maybe because their current OC would be promoted to HC, hence Frost to OC. Please riddle me how that is so hard to fathom.

I guess that would be the most likely scenario for Frost to be promoted. Because we know that Kelly wouldn't take his OC with him if he left. And Oregon would promote some 39 year old guy with no HC experience to take over as a first time head coach. Because Oregon isn't the type of program that could attract an experienced head coach from elsewhere. Sure, I can fathom that. lol

otoh, Maybe Mark Helrich is a sure thing to become the next Ducks HC---a coach-in-waiting. Like Muschamp, the coach-in-waiting at Texas.

I'm just saying that if Kelly leaves, any number of things could happen. It's about as likely--probably more likely--that Frost would end up someplace else as it is that he'd get a promotion due to his head coach bailing out.

/ edit: We've gotten a bit off topic. End of thread jack.

The last thing we need is to move into yet another system under a new assistant. We need some continuity, especially going into Taylor's senior year. The offense was not the problem this season. Yes there were plenty of mistakes made and Taylor has a lot of work to do yet. The progress still, was undeniable. I'm hoping Beck sticks around for quite a while. Things can only get better next year as far as the offense goes in my opinion. As long as the offensive line improves.

I have been growing to be less and less of a fan of Beck. I thought he was going to be great last season, and he showed a lot of promise. I still think he does, but he keeps trending away from a fullback led running game, and I HATE that. Especially in the red zone.

If he can stick with either the pistol, I-formation, or diamond, I will be behind him 110%. If he keeps using the shotgun as our base, I may go insane.

I still think he has a lot of promise, but he HAS to make the running game the #1 priority.

I have been growing to be less and less of a fan of Beck. I thought he was going to be great last season, and he showed a lot of promise. I still think he does, but he keeps trending away from a fullback led running game, and I HATE that. Especially in the red zone.

If he can stick with either the pistol, I-formation, or diamond, I will be behind him 110%. If he keeps using the shotgun as our base, I may go insane.

I still think he has a lot of promise, but he HAS to make the running game the #1 priority.

Agreed. His focus in the offseason needs to be on perfecting an identity and discipline. I think abandoning the shotgun spread formations would be a big benefit. Our best run plays seem to come from the Pistol/I-Form/Diamond setups. They still allow you to be multiple and would give us a base look. And the discipline on this team is unacceptable. Penalties and turnovers need to be cleaned up or else the offense will be the problem.

Beck is doing okay, but still gets panicky, his offense lacks fundamentals, and, like the rest of the coaching staff, doesn't think he needs to listen to the people. If he leaves, then so be it. There are better OCs to be had, but i doubt he is going anywhere.