Taylor Martinez TD run makes highlights in Europe

Hello everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker, rare poster. I am a UNL alumni from Spain.

I follow the Huskers about as avidly as I do my favorite (Euro) Football teams, which is saying a lot.

Today I was cruising through the the sports page AS.com, which is an equivalent of ESPN.com over there, trying to get my intake of Futbol results, but I saw this! http://www.as.com/mas-deporte/video/increible-touchdown-76-yardas-taylor/20121203dasdasmas_3/Ves

What is incredible, is there is rarely, RARELY any American Football highlights. The one time they post a highlight, they post my Huskers scoring on a huge play. Too bad the game sucked, but never the less, I am amazed.

• Fire 1

That run has got to rank among the best Husker runs of all time. In the top ten for sure, maybe top five. It's too bad it happened in such a terrible game.

I'm sure having a QB like that on our team really causes sleepless nights for opposing D-coordinators. I mean, how can you defend against something like that? Almost need to devote a full-time spy on the guy to keep something like that run from happening.

/ What the heck was Spencer Long doing on that play? Looked like he was pulling to the left. He totally wiffed on #97. Let him through, unabated to Martinez. I feel sort of sorry for Spencer. People are gonna be looking at this clip for, well, forever. lol

Here is a different version from the youtube. At the 0:48 sec mark it shows an endzone view of the run.

We already have "The Run." I think this one should be known as "The Scramble". It's got to be one of the best QB scrambles in the history of college football. Seriously, I can't remember ever seeing a better QB scramble under pressure than this play.

i like watching the down field blocking on the play. especially burkhead. that kid is smart. always in the right position for martinez to dump it off to, and then quickly adjusts to lead the way for t-mart. great run by t-mart (i agree with kchusker regarding t-mart's scrambling ability), but that was a team effort.

i like watching the down field blocking on the play. especially burkhead. that kid is smart. always in the right position for martinez to dump it off to, and then quickly adjusts to lead the way for t-mart. great run by t-mart (i agree with kchusker regarding t-mart's scrambling ability), but that was a team effort.

Down field blocking was good. The line of scrimmage blocking was atrocious.

Down field blocking was good. The line of scrimmage blocking was atrocious.

especially considering they showed blitz and it was 3rd and 11.

That was a nice run.

Taylor has played his heart out for this team and should be commended. He is often asked to play outside his natural skills... and so that limits him... but overall, he has played with grit & heart. I do wish he did not turn the ball over so much... but what he has cost the team in his mistakes... he has far, far more than compensated for in his positive contributions.

• Fire 1