Husker fans....FYI, Mark Richt will NOT...

S1C EM

MO_husker_fan you did point out that Ball was a heisman contender....could be part of the reason for leaving him in. I don't have a problem with a team knowing how to finish a game. They finished that game at halftime. Wish we could've done that.

He was never going to be a finalist, not with their record

I'm a whiner for calling out a team that has a 35-10 lead at the end of the first half calling a timeout with 20 secs on the clock on their own 40 yard line?

I'm a whiner or calling out a team that left their star running back and Heisman candidate in the game until their last possession?

Yes.

Yep.

Pardon me sir, but you're a tool if you think there is nothing wrong with Wiscy running up the score and that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a whiner and not a real sports fan.

I'll agree with you on the "not a real sports fan" thing. My biggest sports-related pet peeve is people throwing around the "you're not a real fan if..." line like they somehow have the only attitude you can have if you want to be a sports fan.

That said, I have no problem with Wisconsin "running up the score" on us. Like JJ said, we couldn't stop them. What do you want them to do, start running backwards? Just give the ball to Nebraska and let them close the gap? Wisconsin never ran a single pass play in the 2nd half. They got points off of two things: turnovers, and our inability to stop the run.

I didn't see any Husker fans complaining about Bo "running up the score" when we beat Idaho State 73-7 and still had all our starters in there long after the game was over. How is what Wisconsin did to us any different?

Go back and look at some of my posts, hell I even started a thread about Bo needing to put backups in.

But talking actual facts, with Rex hurt Abdullah was our de facto starter (even though Rex did get some carries. Our last 2 scores in the 3rd and 4th came from Heard and Cross (the first TD we had in the 3rd was on a punt return from Abdullah, which at this point in the season I doubt anyone argues that he didn't need practice catching punts), we had Kellogg in as QB there permanently in the 3rd but didn't we take Martinez out in the 1st or 2nd to put Kellogg in until he started throwing interceptions and fumbling handoffs?

Yes, we beat a team 73-7, but the way Wiscy went about it was completely different. I don't think it's too much to point out that they left Ball in the game until their last possesion.

Didn't a poster (a Badge fan I believe) say that Ball played just seven snaps in the second half, three of which came in the fourth quarter? I really don't think if they wanted to run it up, Ball would have been out.

When we can't stop a simple dive play, whether there is motion or not, it's not the offense running it up, it's the defense has quit playing. Likes others have said earlier, you can't expect them to quit playing. Similar to basketball, you can't tell kids to purposefully miss shots. Well, when a running back sees a gaping hole, he's going to run through it, and run as far as he can (and againsnt our defense, that meant to the endzone). Sorry, that final score is on US, not Wisconsin.