New divisional alignments - a survey by BTN

HuskerFanChuck

Link here for three different ideas behind new divisions with Maryland and Rutgers:

Idea one: Current, and just add one team each of Maryland or Rutgers

Idea two: East/West split, split down Lake Michigan and down the Western 1/3 of Indiana, with Purdue in the West and Indiana in the East

Idea three: An Inner/Outer split, with the schools in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio in one division and everyone else in another division

Interesting ideas. In some ways, I almost lean towards the Inner/Outer split, because I like the alignment, even though it's increased travel costs. Easiest as far as Division for Nebraska is probably the East/West split, puts all the major football players except Wisky in the other division. Seems like that would be a lot like the North/South power split in the Big XII. Interesting to think about. Not sure whether this is actually stuff they're thinking about, or whether this is just a fun aside by BTN.

Link here:

http://btn.com/2012/12/13/take-the-survey-which-division-ideas-do-you-prefer/

Well, on the bright side, if they go with option 2, I will get some good napping time in...

Might as well call that division Big 12 North 2.0

We will give you Sparty and you give us turdue,

Will that make it better? :)

Give us Penn St. and MSU and we'll give you NW and Turdue. :)

In all seriousness, I voted for option 1 as my first choice and option 3 as my second. I wouldn't mind option 3.

BTN doesn't actually think "innie" and 'outie" are realistic options, do they????

There is only one option. Correction. One 'logical' option.....

East and West. Done. Names and all.

edit: For competitive balance, I would be ok with one of the Michigan schools (probably Michigan if the B1G wants to keep Blue & Bucks seperate) switching with Purdue...

East/West, but swap Michigan State for Purdue for competitive balance and give them Michigan for a protected crossover game.

Whatever happens, Michigan and tOSU need to be in the same division. It will cheapen that rivalry if they double up in back-to-back games, and you'll get something akin to what happened in the Pac12. Plus, that game will almost assuredly be a de facto division title game--they would own Saturday afternoon or evening, were Delaney to be so bold...

Also, when we get FSU or Miami, we call dibs on having them as a protected rival instead of PSU. Much better rivalry there than what we have with PSU, to be honest...